Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemegaman3
Stranger
It's true what they say
    #1478015 - 04/21/03 01:42 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

It's true what they say: if you are going to grow, then don't tell anyone, not even your girlfriend or boyfriend or brother or sister or best friend; just keep it to yourself and don't become a seller. If you use them with friends, then you can charge them a small amount so that they don't become aware that you are growing, but don't try to make a big profit on it.

I grew for a little while, and told my girlfriend, because shared success is always better. At first my yields and potency sucked, and I eventually became more skilled and the results were much more encouraging. But I recently found out that despite my asking her not to tell anybody, even her sister, considering the possible consequences of being caught, she did so anyway. She said that she felt guilty about keeping a secret from her sister, so she confided in her. You know, it's a secret so I will only repeat this once...

So I purged my syringes and threw out the few prints that I had. I think that if she told her sister, she could easily tell her best friend, who could then tell someone else, etc. I got rid of all spores because after thinking about it, I realized that it's not worth jail time or a large fine just to have a fun time on some odd Saturday nights. It was kinda hard to stop cold turkey, but it also lifted a weight from my shoulders. It's much nicer not to have to look over your shoulder all the time and wonder and worry about getting caught. As a grower, that's always in the back of your mind. Although it's a thrill to get away with it, you always think about the possibility of getting caught. You need to hide it from your parents or other room mates.

Also, I would say that 90% of my thoughts were usually about my jars. Today was a nice sunny day, very warm, and for the first time in a while, I basked in the sun and enjoyed the day, not thinking about my damned jars the whole time.

Oh well, just my thoughts. It's a fun hobby, but I don't think it's worth jail time nor 90% of my thoughts and attention. While I do like the mushroom high, I honestly think that I can easily live without it. Life can be a lot of fun sober. I used to always think about my next mushroom experience, and got impatient with my jars because I wanted yields now now now! But now the regular everyday things in life seem a lot more enjoyable. While I was growing, I didn't much enjoy the sober times (they were mediocre), and I gave a lot of thought to my next high.

Have fun everyone. Bye shroomery. I want to thank the people at this site for all the help they have given me. This site is the best one concerning mushrooms that I have seen.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKoOs
BlingBling!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Glendive MT
Re: It's true what they say [Re: megaman3]
    #1478028 - 04/21/03 02:29 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

It's best to keep your mushroom growing to your self.... hell my g/f don't even know about. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineYSJ
ThoughtShopper

Loc: Undisclosed at this time.
    #1478055 - 04/21/03 02:46 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

IYou are correct: It *IS* true what they say:

"The best police state doesn't need police."

Sad, but true.

Fare thee well in all future endeavours, sir.

~YSJ~

--------------------
"There are no angels unless they are Angels of Death...And I would never again doubt my place among them or lose my resolve to serve in their wild ranks."         
                                                            -T. Ligotti

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: It's true what they say [Re: YSJ]
    #1478085 - 04/21/03 03:01 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

just look at the name.....The only way to keep a secret...is to never tell a secret...because once *you* tell someone, it's not a secret.... if you ever end up in lock up....you will find that the majority of people are there because they tols someone...its usualy a wife or a girlfriend....but what happens when you decide to get a little strange.....she finds out and you go to prison...... I have really pushed my luck over the years....but I never betrayed a confidence, even if I were pissed enough to kill them....not every one has that kind of morality....so...keep it only between you.

P#1

Offlinemegaman3
Stranger
Re: It's true what they say [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1478436 - 04/21/03 10:38 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I was sort of expecting flames for my post, but all I got were posts agreeing with what I said. That's good :-)

As I purged my syringes and threw out my prints, I thought that maybe a solution would be to go hunting for mushrooms instead of actively growing them in my own house. I do know that subbs and semis are supposed to grow around here.

But then I realized that it would be the same as before: I would obsess about the next rain, and I wouldn't be happy when long dry periods would occur. That's the thing about drugs, at least for me. If I know that I can find some naturally occuring in my area, or if I can easily grow them at home, then I obsess over them. If it's so easy then the temptation is too great. So I think that cold turkey is a smart idea :-)

Did you ever notice that when you have a large stash, you want to use some more often, whereas if you have a limited hard-to-get stash, you space it out a lot more and really value each experience? Yeah, that's one of the disadvantages of growing, especially in bulk. You produced them, and you love the hobby so you want to grow even more, and then you're stuck with some 100 dry grams and you certainly don't want to just throw them. So your choices are to sell them (stupid), or use them with friends often.

I guess that's an advantage of the drug war: if something is more difficult to obtain, then you tend to space it out and value it more. Before I grew shrooms, I had to buy them. I bought them about twice a year, and they were pretty hard to come by. So each experience was very special, and I did shrooms like twice a year. My attention wasn't devoted to shrooms. But when I started to grow, almost all my attention was devoted to the project, and I wasn't living a full interesting life anymore.

Edited by megaman3 (04/21/03 10:47 AM)

Invisibleno-tone
Enema Bag Jones

Loc: Warm, Moist and Dark
    #1478455 - 04/21/03 10:53 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I'd say try hunting them anyway. Its a very rewarding experience getting up early in the morn with friends and crawling all over graveyards and what not.

Do it for the fun, not the high! You will never be dissapointed!

--------------------
Man thinks. God laughs. - Jewish Proverb

InvisiblePJDIDDLE
Female
*DELETED* [Re: megaman3]
    #1478458 - 04/21/03 10:54 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Script

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by PJDIDDLE (06/08/10 08:01 PM)

Offlineihavefingers
Stranger

Re: It's true what they say [Re: PJDIDDLE]
    #1478609 - 04/21/03 12:01 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i told some people... then when they were like "dude, when you get some you should hook me up." so i told them my jars got contaminated and i don't have enough money to start up again anytime soon and then my parents found my empty set up and somehow i lied my way around that one so i'm probably not going to try. then there's my girlfriend... she's not a drug person, nor is she friends with drug people so i trust her.

actually when i decided to start this i was going to do it with my best friend because he's got a spacious room but i called him and was like "hey let's go get some supplies" but he was too busy smokin blunts so i just started it myself then he was like "this is gonna be great, WE can sell some if there's any left, WE'RE gonna have so much fun." it's like what the fuck... you were too busy getting high so now this is MY project.

it's funny how people come around when you have good drugs in your hands

fuck that...
people suck

Invisibleno-tone
Enema Bag Jones

Loc: Warm, Moist and Dark
Re: It's true what they say [Re: ihavefingers]
    #1478649 - 04/21/03 12:10 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Telling people who aren't "drug people" is just as, if not more stupid than telling a druggie.

--------------------
Man thinks. God laughs. - Jewish Proverb

Offlineihavefingers
Stranger

Re: It's true what they say [Re: no-tone]
    #1478765 - 04/21/03 12:49 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

yeah that's the thing... she wouldn't tell anyone because she just...

doesn't care

i could tell her i have sheets of LSD and she'd be like "yeah...so?"

and that'd be the end of that

Edited by ihavefingers (04/21/03 12:50 PM)

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #1478867 - 04/21/03 01:42 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

you should of donated your prints and syringes... to someone..

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Offlinemegaman3
Stranger
Re: It's true what they say [Re: no-tone]
    #1479099 - 04/21/03 03:16 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

yeah no-tone, good point. I enjoy looking at fungi in their natural habitat, and I get a small thrill whenever I find some, especially in the grass. I don't even care if they're psychedelic. It's a fun hobby to find some and then try to identify them. And honestly, what else is there to do on a rainy day? ;-)

I went to a local racetrack hoping to find some subbs, but of course they don't allow the general public to lurk around the stables. Oh well, so much for that.

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
    #1479263 - 04/21/03 04:36 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

If you like the mycology aspect of if, but not the illegal aspect. Find out how to grow brown truffles indoors.  You'd be a gajizllionaire in a few days :smile:

I recommend NEVER telling anyone about doing the shroom growing thing, thats just a obvious thing up front, I don't grow, but if I didn't NOONE , including girlfriends would know about it.

as for tthe bringing a friend in, I did that back when I did grow, and my friend never did any of the work. I'd research stuff, post stuff, buy all the stuff up front (he'd pay me back), kept hte stuff at one of my apartments, shit like that, he never did anything except helping me count jars from time to time and helped with the innoculations of the jars.  I'd say if you wanna do it, do it by yourself and solo, and share (the shrooms, not the source!)) with people you want to.  Never sell, never grow a large amount, and you'll be coo

Pz

Johnny R

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

OfflineLostMetropolis
A Stranger AmongStrangers

Loc: In The Machine
Re: It's true what they say [Re: PJDIDDLE]
    #1479433 - 04/21/03 05:36 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Just call them back and tell them you don't have any. Thats no reason to stop growing completely.

--------------------
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Offlinetastyshroom
Mr.Shroom
Male

Loc: Washington
Re: It's true what they say [Re: LostMetropolis]
    #1479847 - 04/21/03 08:05 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

A few people know about me..but i know those people won't say shit to anyone..i know for a fact

--------------------
Perspective on life always changes

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: It's true what they say [Re: tastyshroom]
    #1481080 - 04/22/03 02:29 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Rule of thumb to always live by...If you do something illegal, do it alone, tell no one about it....because no matter how well you know them, someone will walk up and say 'hey I know what....' you find out how quickly your friends will talk...

Someone want to fit in...the brag, a little bear around the guys...the game of 'one up' get played....'if you grew, no one should know'...I've seen to many good people get railroaded because of that kind of thing...you wife or GF is the absolute last you tell...no exceptions...women as a whole are kinda vindictive....you chick...she is always worse....

P#1

OfflineRed_White_and_Brainwashed
Viva larevalution

Loc: Where the ones are always...
Re: It's true what they say [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #1481410 - 04/22/03 04:25 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Selling is about the dumbest thing anyone could do.

--------------------
Behold the power of Sponch!

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
    #1481581 - 04/22/03 07:18 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

that's what happened to me, but I toss them outside and be like.... hey, they GREW thee on their own :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  I NEVER grow inside. I gave all my indoor shit away. I never keep anything picked indoors either.. I always give them to a freid to hold. The FBI searched my lab about a month ago thanks to the goddamn patriot act passed after 9-11. they thought I was cloning or growing pathlogens. all because I bought a bunch of lab equipment off the net with my goddamn credit card. These things were not shroom related, just for my personal hobbie.. thank god it was too cold for me to grow outside when that happened.  :laugh: 

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Offlinetooky
ol' smokeyglazed eyes

Re: It's true what they say [Re: Macey Howard]
    #1481785 - 04/22/03 10:10 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I feel really lucky living in the UK after reading that. I have a few friends who share a house, and we're all growing together. We all share the shrooms and have a great time together and it doesn't really matter who knows because, even with the slightly cloudy legal status, we'd probably only get a slap on the wrists, if that.

Here's hoping common sense prevails in international drugs policy!

http://www.csdp.org/

--------------------
--
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett, Jingo, 1997

Invisiblecheesenoonions
??????????????

Re: It's true what they say [Re: tooky]
    #1481835 - 04/22/03 10:37 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I doubt the US will ever be like the UK.  I have friends that scare me, quite frankly.  We hang out and they start playing the "one up" game prisoner #1 is talking about.  It really upsets me!  They start telling me and everyone else around about how their friend grows this or smokes that or has this/that connect.  I used to share knowledge with these people because I work in a field that has allowed me a great deal of study in the sciences.  I answer questions and concerns they have about drugs and dispel myths.  I don't want anyone getting hurt because they misidentified something or get scared because they've been told somekind of propaganda.  For that, my thanks is a reputation.  I don't deserve this reputation.  I don't do drugs other than alcohol(only occasionally). I don't like how I feel on them.  I don't even like antibiotics!  People suck!! :confused:   

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation