Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Learning to develop your chi/life force, psychic abiities [Re: Swami]
    #1483680 - 04/22/03 07:10 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

swami I knew you'd swoop in right after shroomism's post. I've experienced first hand highly skilled chinese internal martial artists... and shroomism, none of them can do what you're talking about. It makes me doubt what you say.

Edited by Dogomush (04/22/03 07:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Learning to develop your chi/life force, psychic abiities [Re: Dogomush]
    #1483784 - 04/22/03 07:32 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Chi development is a part of several martial arts. I know for a fact that it's a part of Kempo Karate and the chi is harnessed in punches to make them stronger  by those skilled. I believe Shroomism on this. It sounds like he's spent his time focusing almost solely on his chi development, or at least as much as on the fighting skills.

And guys, shaolin temples do not hold a patent on chi. Everyone has it.  :grin:

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: Learning to develop your chi/life force, psychic abiities [Re: Sole_Worthy]
    #1483809 - 04/22/03 07:36 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Why would you wish to develop these abilities?

I've been trying to do astral projection daily for quite a while with little success. I'm simply want to add other spiritual exercises to my relaxation exercises and astral projection attempts. Development of chi also helps people stay healthy. It's a good thing to be able to do. Everyone should do it.

--------------------

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Learning to develop your chi/life force, psychic abiities [Re: Shroomism]
    #1483976 - 04/22/03 08:04 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

lol, cool pic

GUYS I BELIEVE HIM, lol, you'll be surprised at the world you THINK you live in!!!! Ever since you were born you've been lyed to about existence!

PSIBALLS ARE REAL, i was just like you and didn't believe it, but i was optimistic of the possiblitys, and i sat down AND ACTUALLY TRYED IT!! and in about 3 to 5 days it works; there IS something in your hand!!

As for Knocking someone off balance, well,... if shroomism has put alot of practice into it, it can be a powerful force. (ive never got mine to even become visible, so technically i don't know how powerful they can be)

2 Questions shroomism:

1) how long have you been working with energy?

2) Can you make a visible one ? (at will?)

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Edited by johnnyfive (04/23/03 09:17 AM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Learning to develop your chi/life force, psychic abiities [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1484047 - 04/22/03 08:21 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Sure Swamster

J5:
1) how long have you been working with energy?

All my life and several hundred lifetimes before this.. Psi balls... only played around with them for a year or two, never very seriously.

2) Can you make a visible one ? (at will?)

Never have, but my first 'real' one was last night..I didn't notice a glow or anything..though I definately could feel it, and it seemed to sort of waver the air.

--------------------

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: Learning to develop your chi/life force, psychic abiitie [Re: Shroomism]
    #1484108 - 04/22/03 08:37 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

only played around with them for a year or two

Ok, let's pretend that psiballs exist.. you can use them to knock people off balance, and all kinds of things.. why don't people use them? Why did people invent bows and arrows? Why not just nail the antelope with a psiball? Why use a blow dart with curare to shoot monkeys out of trees? That is a VERY complicated thing to do when you consider how you gotta first come up with the curare through thousands of years of trial and error, or maybe plants just tell you about it.. regardless, why spend days brewing it up? Five guys with psiballs could easily knock a monkey out of a tree and then pin it down before they whack it with a stick. If psiballs exist, and everybody could make them, and it's easy, taking only a year or two.. then wouldn't there be historical records from certain cultures where psiballs were widely used? Wouldn't cave paintings depict psiballs being shot at mammoths?

What I'm saying is that if psiballs exist and had any kind of practical use, such as knocking somebody over, then by the need to survive, humans would use them. Natural selection would force these skills out into the open. Can anybody explain why psiballs aren't everywhere and commonplace in cultures throughout history?

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: Learning to develop your chi/life force, psychic abiitie [Re: Dogomush]
    #1484147 - 04/22/03 08:44 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

They are commonplace in other cultures. In the west people displaying such abilities have been traditionally burned at the stake as witches or tortured. Self preservation would dictate that you stay silent on it unless you want to die. In Tibet for instance, this kind of thing is common, an everyday occurance.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #1484171 - 04/22/03 08:48 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Can anybody explain why psiballs aren't everywhere and commonplace in cultures throughout history?

Maybe they're a new thing?

Evolution, right?  :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: Learning to develop your chi/life force, psychic abiitie [Re: trendal]
    #1484303 - 04/22/03 09:16 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

In Tibet for instance, this kind of thing is common, an everyday occurance.

Really? I'd be interested to hear all about your travels in Tibet and your encounters with psiballs! Could you take a moment to relate a few stories?

They are commonplace in other cultures. In the west people displaying such abilities have been traditionally burned at the stake as witches or tortured. Self preservation would dictate that you stay silent on it unless you want to die.

Well, that's true but it doesn't at all explain why psiballs haven't emerged as mainstream if they are possible to make and use. Secular people were burned at the stake in the past, but religious free people are everywhere. Witches were persecuted but wiccans are almost mainstream in some countries.. it's easy to get books about wiccan spells and such in any bookstore. Protestants were once persecuted, but now there are lots. Evolution is taught in our schools, even though people supporting it would have been persecuted in the past. What about galileo? The sun as the center of the solar system? The earth being round? These are all ideas and practices that our culture has demonized, but today are commonplace and mainstream. What about sex? People are having sex lots today even though it once wasn't accepted. Why are psiballs not mainstream?

See what I mean? Sure people shooting psiballs would have been persecuted years ago, but not today, and if they were genuine and easy like people are claiming, then we would use them.

They are commonplace in other cultures.

Show me.

Offlinesancho
mexican
 User Gallery

Loc: 20 floors below sea level...
    #1484326 - 04/22/03 09:21 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

this sums up most western mainstream scientist " I'll see it when i believe it"

--------------------
Drugs may be the road to nowhere, but at least they're the scenic route.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

#1484344 - 04/22/03 09:26 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Secular people were burned at the stake in the past, but religious free people are everywhere. Witches were persecuted but wiccans are almost mainstream in some countries.. it's easy to get books about wiccan spells and such in any bookstore.

I have never been to tibet, so I can't relay to you any first hand accounts.

Keep in mind there haven't been witch trials in well over a century. Also keep in mind that gardinian wicca is a 50 year old made up religion that's more about goddess worship than witchcraft.

Lets try to keep this thread on topic though, on chi and psi-abilities. If you're a skeptic that's fine, you want proof. Visit some shaolin temples or try this stuff yourself.  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Learning to develop your chi/life force, psychic abiities [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1484766 - 04/22/03 11:39 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I know for a fact that it's a part of Kempo Karate and the chi is harnessed in punches to make them stronger by those skilled. I believe Shroomism on this.

Touch is necessary as it is about tendon strength and biomechanics. Mere pointing of the hands will not work.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: Learning to develop your chi/life force, psychic abiities [Re: Swami]
    #1484825 - 04/22/03 11:56 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

All pointing the hand does is point the hand. Energy manipulation is responsible for the effects shroomism shared with us. Oh ye of little faith...

--------------------

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: Learning to develop your chi/life force, psychic abiitie [Re: Swami]
    #1484828 - 04/22/03 11:56 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I have never been to tibet, so I can't relay to you any first hand accounts.

Yes, I figured.. I was pointing out that you don't know what goes on in tibet.

Visit some shaolin temples or try this stuff yourself.

I thought there was only one shaolin temple, and it's not in tibet. But anyway, considering how the shaolin monks are a tool used by the Chinese government to show their culture to the world, wouldn't they demonstrate their psiball powers by knocking stuff and audience members over from across the room? Yeah, they would. It would be an excellent act and would go along well with the rest of the circus monk show from shaolin, as they should be called. Can you point me to any kind of source where anybody mentions monks from the shaolin temple firing psi balls around like in video games? I'm just curious because I suspect that nobody but the people on this board attribute psi balls to be used by shaolin monks, and I think it's wrong to misrepresent someone's skills and practices like that, especially if you're using this false information to back up your argument.

And please, could you provide some more evidence of other cultures using psi balls please? I've never come across this sort of thing in studying history... wouldn't there be carvings depicting this kind of thing?

Keep in mind there haven't been witch trials in well over a century. Also keep in mind that gardinian wicca is a 50 year old made up religion that's more about goddess worship than witchcraft.

I was making a point that the world is a lot more open than it has been at certain points in the past, and that if psi ball users were once persecuted that doesn't explain why they don't reveal themselves to the human race with absolute proof of their abilities in this modern climate of open-mindedness and freedom. Of course some will say that the modern climate is not open-minded but what I mean is that a psiballer isn't going to get burned at the stake or excommunicated, so why not come forward and advance the human race? Or do you honestly believe that if shroomism demonstrated his abilities in public he would be killed or chased out of town by an angry mob?

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #1485185 - 04/23/03 02:38 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

yea shroomism lied you cant use psiballs to knock people over i have chatted with people on psipog.net and they will all tell you that is bullshit. they also dont like people calling "psi", "chi" becuase psi isnt used in combat and neither is chi really. in the eastern world "chi" is the energy that flows through you. they never fired psiballs around like guns, they never hunted with them, but the shaolin monks do have incredible abilities but nothing "supernatural". i mean come on it might take you a minute to charge up a psiball right now lets assume that they could be used in combat what are you going to say to the large man thats going to kick your ass "escuse me can you please wait until i can concentrate my psi into a ball and fire it at you??" no he would punch you in the face and be done with it. so if there are kids here who think they found a way to finally show the school bullys whos who im sorry but your sadly mistaken.

but psi is real its in you right now its everywhere for lack of a better word its the force. good old starwars. anyways back on subject just like anything you can learn to control and manipulate it. there are monks in tibet(this is a fact i saw it with my own eyes on the discovery channel) that can raise their body temperature at will. but they wont tell the western world how. they say its too dangerous. i agree with them. they slept on the top of a snow capped mountain in nothing but shorts with a very light blanket. they also dried towels that were placed on their backs. *side note: lets se swamis explaination for this*. a psi ball is just that a ball of energy from your body or some other object you draw it from. it can feel hot, cold, tingly or breezy, etc. its what you make it. if you want more information please read the link i gave earlier. its full of good info.

sorry to bash shroomism but he just flat out lied. its NOT possible. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: Learning to develop your chi/life force, psychic abiitie [Re: blaze2]
    #1485205 - 04/23/03 02:53 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

hmmm... well I can totally understand gaining control over unconsciously regulated parts of your system.. I guess I wouldn't see why people would call this "the force" unless they wanted to act out their jedi fantasies.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

#1485230 - 04/23/03 03:10 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

A. According to psipog psi/psi balls can directly affect and move matter.
B. People are made of matter.
C. Psi balls can move matter and people are matter so psi balls can move people.

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Learning to develop your chi/life force, psychic abiitie [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1485242 - 04/23/03 03:30 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

psiballs cant move people show me a link to where it says that on psipog?? in one artical it says that if the ball is thrown at someone they can "feel" it hit them. nothing about getting thrown across the room.

the force thing was kinda a joke all i meant by that was that psi or energy flows through everything. you can "draw" it from other places than yourself. the force in starwars flows through everything also so i think its a good way to relate what im saying to people who might not understand it. the only difference is that psi cant make you jump really high and do flips while grabbing the remote with your mind. lol actually if you were really good with TK then you might be able to move a remote but not flip around like that. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleSHiZNO
-

#1485337 - 04/23/03 06:30 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

No you dont have to be asian, im just saying you arent going to learn it overnight reading a website , it takes MONTHS of dedication (some claim they can after weeks but....yeah)....

--------------------

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Loc: over here
Re: Learning to develop your chi/life force, psychic abiitie [Re: SHiZNO]
    #1485556 - 04/23/03 09:16 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

"I do not seek to walk on water," said Siddhartha. "Let old Samanas be
content with such feats!"

--------------------
get it all together get like birds of a feather

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder