Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinerhoom
Stranger
first time questions
    #1477675 - 04/20/03 11:48 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

hey , this is my first time growing mushrooms , i am using the PF tek for colonization with vermiculite/long grain brown rice flower ground up wich is sposed to be better then store bought brown rice flower , and a few other things done differently like using steril saram wrap instead of tin foil to cover the 4 holes then poking through it to knock it up,i hear of people placing coffee filters over the top of the jar to help prevent air born contaminations , i am going to try a lysol wipe. once it is good to go i will store it like half way between my attic and garage wich should be about 75 to 90 degrees depending on the day and very humid , i live in the south east :P , anyways , once the jar is fully colonized i am going to try a basic casing using verm , i was wondering if after i transport it to the fruiting chamber should i keep it inside the house wich is normally around 72 through 74 degrees to shock it into fruiting or would it be alright to keep it in the higher temp outside in my garage , or alternate between both?. also should i keep my spore syringe refridgerated?. any easy modifications you can recommend to speed up or make the process easier
please give me any advice you can , thanks!
(all the information above is role playing it is fictional)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineministry
Networkn' Guru

Loc: Chattavegas
Re: first time questions [Re: rhoom]
    #1477695 - 04/20/03 11:53 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I would be careful with the attic. They tend to trap a lotta heat and can quickly bake some cakes.

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

Re: first time questions [Re: rhoom]
    #1477704 - 04/20/03 11:57 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

when you are ready to fruit, drop it down to 70, keep it around 70 for fruiting (even though 'the best' is 74-78). keeping the syringe cold is best-fridge does this perfectly. but in the bottom of your desk drawer (if its cool) is fine too, but wont last as long.  fridge=1 year  drawer/dark cold spot=3 months  these are approximations for the longest you would want to wait and still have the syringe viable.
Jake H:grin: Good Luck
P.S.-if you have the top verm layer than you dont need to cover the holes, especially because they need air exchange, but just in case use tyvek or coffe filter as extra precaution. 

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

OfflineBigJohnson
Whoa! You guysneed to lightenup!

Loc: The Yard
Re: first time questions [Re: jakeholman]
    #1478227 - 04/21/03 05:41 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

My advice would be to buy a PC :smile:

--------------------
Should the US relegalize drugs?

http://www.lp.org/issues/relegalize.html

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation