Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Coir

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemycy
Lurker

Mcyc's Spun Horse Poo Tek
    #14773334 - 07/15/11 04:57 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Mcyc's Spun Horse Poo Tek

First off props to Roadkill (who was taught the poo tek by pleezr and Pavlov's Dog)

This tek is created to help people that are first time poo users.  It should also have some helpful tips for experienced cultivators.  Initially, I had problems with getting the right consistency with other teks, hopefully this helps.

Tools:
-Dry wall mixer aka Poo mixer (I was going to call it a shit mixer, but that is what I call my roommates parties.)

-Corded Drill (you might burn out a cordless and it doesn't have as much torque)

-Drink of choice (why doesn't bLowes have cold beer at their stores?)

-Any bucket with a lid.  This happens to be a cat food bucket.

-Razor or any tool to cut a hole in your bucket lid
-Dried horse poo
-Cheap pillow case
-Big ass pot (Walmart)
-Stirring utensil
-Thermometer
-Stove

Steps:

Note: For satisfactory results, beverage of choice should be used throughout the entire process.

1.  Gather up all tools.  Preferably get the poo mixer at your local hardware store.  If you must go to Home Despot or bLowe's don't bother asking people were it is, as they will most likely point you in the wrong direction.  Instead, look in the dry wall area.  If you must ask for help your best bet is to find someone driving a forklift or someone that looks knowledgeable(doesn't work at the store).  No offense if you work there and are bright, but I could write another tek about trying to find things at these stores.

2.  After tools are gathered prepare your bucket's lid.  Cut a small hole approximately 3/4 inch in diameter.  This allows you to slide the poo mixers small end through the hole.  This will keep the spray down dramatically.

3.  Fill your bucket with DRY poo 2/3rds of the way full.  Then, add water to 2/3rds of the way as well.

4.  Slide your poo mixer through the hole and attach it to your drill.

5.  Put the mixer in the bucket and securely seal the lid on top of your bucket.

6.  Drill baby drill.  Push the drill down to the bottom and bring it up, making sure to get in every corner.  Be careful not to overheat the drill.

7. Dump out your spun poo onto a sheet or into your pillow case and inspect for large clumps.  Most of it should be nice and loose now. Put poo into a pillow case.

8.  Add water halfway to your big ass pot and bring it to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.  Optionally boil the water first to sterilize then let the temp drop on its own. 

9. Add your pillowcase filled with poo to your pot and let it sit for 30 to 40 minutes while maintaining a temperature between 160 and 175 Fahrenheit.  Stir occasionally with your stirring utensil.

10. Take your pillowcase out of the pot and let it sit outside in a relatively sterile place for one day.  I set mine on a wooden pallet in my back yard, and then I put a board on top and stand on the board to squeeze out excess moisture.  (You can use it the same day if you are in a hurry, just make sure to squeeze out all excess moisture)

Note: Do not let your poo sit for more than a day as flies will be attracted to it like flies on... well you know.

11.  The next day inspect your poo for moisture content.  It should be moist, not runny.  If needed, hand squeeze it out. (Roadkill)

12. Break up spawn and add it to the pillowcase.  Shake the pillowcase around to evenly distribute spawn.  Case or fruit as you wish.  I recommend: http://www.shroomery.org/9107/Double-Tub-Pictorial

I have had great success with this.  It leads to supper fast colonization times.  This is my first tek, so please leave me feedback.  I know this isn’t new, but I want to help out the community with some tips I have found.

Best of luck and have fun!!!

P.S. I thought this would be the first tek with a dry wall mixer, but
ProfessorPinHead has already used it in a tek.

Edited by mycy (07/15/11 11:37 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblecyanara
jedi in training
Male

Loc: your grow closet
Re: Mcyc's Spun Horse Poo Tek [Re: mycy]
    #14773388 - 07/15/11 05:06 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Great writeup, the only problem I see with it would be that,
a) 30 minutes is cutting it a little close on the pasteurization time and
b) your hydrating the poo and then doing the pillow case which will probably over hydrate it.
I would suggest just adding the dry poo straight to the pillow case unless you plan on putting it into bags and pasteurizing it pre-soak seems unnecessary. IMO.... good job though. :thumbup: +1

OfflineShroomyJohn
Stranger
Re: Mcyc's Spun Horse Poo Tek [Re: cyanara]
    #14773847 - 07/15/11 06:46 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

u realize ur name is mycy not mcyc right?

Offlinethekiddd93
Stranger

Re: Mcyc's Spun Horse Poo Tek [Re: ShroomyJohn]
    #14773861 - 07/15/11 06:49 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Hello im new to this website and im wondering if anyone can help me out by telling me if these mushrooms i have are hallucinogenic or not?  what type are they? 

Invisiblecyanara
jedi in training
Male

Loc: your grow closet
Re: Mcyc's Spun Horse Poo Tek [Re: thekiddd93]
    #14774544 - 07/15/11 09:41 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

post in the mushroom hunting and I.D. section of the forum.
Also I would suggest printing your specimen and using a field guide such as Mushrooms demystified.

Offlinemycy
Lurker

Re: Mcyc's Spun Horse Poo Tek [Re: cyanara]
    #14775077 - 07/15/11 11:34 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the feedback cyanara.  It probably is a little over hydrated, that is why I like to press it out and let it sit overnight.

ShroomyJohn:  I laughed for 5 minutes after your post.  I know now, but I think its too late. :frown:

InvisibleJavadog
Continuing along
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mcyc's Spun Horse Poo Tek [Re: mycy]
    #14775176 - 07/15/11 11:57 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

OK, we have Brutus the Coir Hammer.....What will we name this one?

--------------------
Boyd Rice told my brother that life is a corny pack of freesakes

Myco-tek.org

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Coir

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation