Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinethelox
Dealing with Long-term Psychological Effects of Dosing
    #1477098 - 04/20/03 08:00 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I remember reading a post recently where the author discussed how he know feels that
he over analysis everything and is constantly thinking etc. I have similar feelings I believe. Most of my time spent thinking is on philosophical topics, this seems to be all that matters to me.
Such feelings seem to be a after effect of mushroom use. My question is how do you balance these feelings
to allow yourself to co-exist in how society works? I don't feel I could ever just forget all that things I've felt, but I don't
want it to control me. I remember this also metioned and I have similar feelings
those of being close to losing it maybe. I smoke weed a lot though, like 7 times a day or so and it makes me feel like I'm tripping again because I've dones 7 gram trips about 10 times or so.. was doing them at least once a month for about 2 years. I am giving myself about a 4 month break until my birthday in June. I want to do them maybe once a season now.
Also does anyone else see the shrooming parallels in the Matrix? I like the scene about taking one of the two pills, one where you would forget everything.
do you ever think maybe ignorance is bliss?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDellComputers
Bluntman

Re: Dealing with Long-term Psychological Effects of Dosing [Re: thelox]
    #1477113 - 04/20/03 08:05 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

ya that was me that made that post...and someone responded with 'ignorance is bliss'...there right..its a pain in the ass not being able to just flow with life..i wwant that blue pill to make up and just be 'normal'. and how the fck do u afford to smoke 7 times a day!?

--------------------
:stash: + :bong: = :smile:

Offlinethelox
Re: Dealing with Long-term Psychological Effects of Dosing [Re: DellComputers]
    #1477127 - 04/20/03 08:14 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ya that was me that made that post...and someone responded with 'ignorance is bliss'...there right..its a pain in the ass not being able to just flow with life..i wwant that blue pill to make up and just be 'normal'. and how the fck do u afford to smoke 7 times a day!?

How do I afford to smoke seven times a day? Well I work a part time job and a lot of
my friends are drug dealers. So I'll by weed when I get paid, get a spot til next pay and just continues in a cycle.
Since I quit smoking ciggs I smoke a lot more weed. I used to smoke blunts all day, but now just do chutes if you've ever heard of them. Now that winter is almost over here in Canada I hopefully won't smoke as much cause I can go outside. I find I smoke out of boredom a lot. I spend about $400 a month on weed which is just too much I think.
Anyway have you found any techniques to relax more and go with the flow?
I made myself stop doing shrooms for a few months and instead am working on my dreams and trying to have a lucid one.
Still these thoughts are always in my head. I did think that I was alone, but it's great to know that others understand how I feel. I hate family gatherings at holidays
because they talk about stuff that doesn't interest me in the least. I don't think it was just the shrooms that made me this way though. I've always had interest
in topics such as ghosts and dreams as a child. I think the shrooms just put the process in fast forward.

OfflineTonearm
Stranger
    #1477805 - 04/21/03 12:24 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I know what you guys mean for sure. Have you tried meditation? Definitely check out "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle too. I know there's a posting of the first chapter of that book online. I could dig up the URL if you're interested.

--------------------
My Favorite Link:
http://www.deoxy.org/8brains.htm

Offlinethelox
Re: Dealing with Long-term Psychological Effects of Dosing [Re: Tonearm]
    #1478288 - 04/21/03 07:35 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I know what you guys mean for sure. Have you tried meditation? Definitely check out "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle too. I know there's a posting of the first chapter of that book online. I could dig up the URL if you're interested.

Yeah I'm interested man, thanks for any help.

OfflineTonearm
Stranger
    #1478492 - 04/21/03 11:13 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.swib.com/thepowerofnow/

There ya go. I'm glad the search function is back up.

--------------------
My Favorite Link:
http://www.deoxy.org/8brains.htm

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience