Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineZacSeif
Stranger
HPPD Success Story ( Completely Gone )
    #14763195 - 07/13/11 05:16 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Just want to add a disclaimer to this before I begin : If you deny the existence of HPPD and feel it's completely psychosomatic - please do not post here, this is a success story and how it came to dissipate.

Edited by ZacSeif (07/28/12 06:54 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleGotlib
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: HPPD Success Story ( Completely Gone ) [Re: ZacSeif]
    #14763253 - 07/13/11 05:29 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

ibogaine

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

Re: HPPD Success Story ( Completely Gone ) [Re: Gotlib]
    #14763491 - 07/13/11 06:23 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Cool

Offlinetokinman21
Stranger

Re: HPPD Success Story ( Completely Gone ) [Re: Wise Toad]
    #14763671 - 07/13/11 07:06 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Interesting...do you feel "tranquil" or just generally less spiritual than you were before, or is just the part that you wanted taken care of changed?  I ask because obviously if you were just neurologically "tranquilized" then even if it was all in your head it would be fixed now.

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: HPPD Success Story ( Completely Gone ) [Re: tokinman21]
    #14763771 - 07/13/11 07:27 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Interesting post.  So a physical surgery on your brain cured your HPPD?  Was something removed, repaired, or inserted?  I've never heard of surgery for HPPD, how often has your doctor dealt with this?  What experience does he have with HPPD?  I'm sure members who suffer with HPPD would be interested to hear more details.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

OfflineZacSeif
Stranger
Re: HPPD Success Story ( Completely Gone ) [Re: joemolloy]
    #14763988 - 07/13/11 08:11 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Tokinman21 -

I struggle with a little bit of memory problems, but if there has been more negative connotation to surgery I haven't noticed it yet. It could also be that my well-being in general has dramatically increased too.

Joeymolloy -

Yes, funny as it sounds. All the visual disturbances completely went away like a snap of the finger. My Doctor was John G. McHenry who is a Neuro-Ophthalmologist for over 30 years I believe. He deals greatly with problems like this (or similar) to my understanding. I opted to not know everything that went on during the surgery because of my anxiety. I understand they inserted 'Deep Brain Stimulator' which stimulate your neurons. Any complications he said would have emerged up to 6 months after the surgery and I have yet to see any.

Offlinetokinman21
Stranger

#14764027 - 07/13/11 08:18 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ZacSeif said:
Tokinman21 -

I struggle with a little bit of memory problems, but if there has been more negative connotation to surgery I haven't noticed it yet. It could also be that my well-being in general has dramatically increased too.

Joeymolloy -

Yes, funny as it sounds. All the visual disturbances completely went away like a snap of the finger. My Doctor was John G. McHenry who is a Neuro-Ophthalmologist for over 30 years I believe. He deals greatly with problems like this (or similar) to my understanding. I opted to not know everything that went on during the surgery because of my anxiety. I understand they inserted 'Deep Brain Stimulator' which stimulate your neurons. Any complications he said would have emerged up to 6 months after the surgery and I have yet to see any.

So now if your brain is really on the way to repairing itself shouldn't the stimulator be able to be tapered off until eventual removal, or did he say the damage is permanent.  As long as I can keep a handle on the anxiety, I'd much rather have persistent visuals than memory problems.

Joe: Would you consider yourself to have HPPD?  If the answer is no, given the amount of psychedelics you have done I would imagine that most people's brains have the ability to repair themselves from this sort of damage.

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

#14764047 - 07/13/11 08:22 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

No, no symptoms of HPPD.  From what I've read it can happen at any time though, even to experienced trippers.  Also, certain drugs such as LSD seem to have a higher prevalence for causing it.  Many trippers have some pleasant visual distortions, but I think the shit hits the fan when depersonaliztion and derealization rear their ugly heads.  Those disorders sound like debilitating trips through hell.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

OfflineZacSeif
Stranger
    #14764055 - 07/13/11 08:23 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

The memory problems are nothing major at all. And yes, I will have a follow up procedure in 2 years and a cock-tail of medicine in the meantime.

I ended up having a 4.0 in honors classes this past spring semester.

Seems too good to be true!

Offlinetokinman21
Stranger

Re: HPPD Success Story ( Completely Gone ) [Re: joemolloy]
    #14764063 - 07/13/11 08:24 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
No, no symptoms of HPPD.  From what I've read it can happen at any time though, even to experienced trippers.  Also, certain drugs such as LSD seem to have a higher prevalence for causing it.  Many trippers have some pleasant visual distortions, but I think the shit hits the fan when depersonaliztion and derealization rear their ugly heads.  Those disorders sound like debilitating trips through hell.

The latter is closer to what I've been dealing with I think, and sure enough it was a bunch of acid and not much of anything else and it didn't show up for months.  But if it hasn't affected you yet, that reminds me that it may well be something that can just be battled through.  I'm certainly improving recently, it seems.

OfflineZacSeif
Stranger
    #14764165 - 07/13/11 08:42 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Trust me, they are trips from hell. Imagine walking in front of your own house and being confused as objects. Seeing your 350z in your car looking puzzled at it. Looking in the mirror, noticing the way your arms hang feeling confused. It's weird dude.

Invisiblewondercat
Dashing

#14764376 - 07/13/11 09:25 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

question - do you think that part of HPPD could possibly se an advantage in some cases? Being able to see auras and energy fields isn't so bad is it? Its altered perception, but useful at times. Although i don't know what you'd been seeing..

--------------------

it truly is an illusion- your senses are just perceiving the varying vibrations in different ways- its holography; a representation.

"Nothing" is easy - Mooji

Offlinetokinman21
Stranger

Re: HPPD Success Story ( Completely Gone ) [Re: wondercat]
    #14764412 - 07/13/11 09:32 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

wondercat said:
question - do you think that part of HPPD could possibly se an advantage in some cases? Being able to see auras and energy fields isn't so bad is it? Its altered perception, but useful at times. Although i don't know what you'd been seeing..

The question is, are things like that really "HPPD" as we look at it?  Auras are now a scientifically proven phenomenon, so it's not all that outlandish anymore to think that people open to them may be able to see them.  And it's not really HPPD if you're seeing something real, is it?  The question is, of course, whether it's something our brains have the ability to see or if we are just fooling ourselves.  I don't think we are, though...in some indigenous cultures things like seeing auras are just a part of everyday life, even if people haven't ingested psychedelics.

Offlinewal0013
kabukiman
Male User Gallery

#14764416 - 07/13/11 09:32 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

You got lobotomised bro.

--------------------
Abuse of words has been the great instrument of sophistry and chicanery, of party, faction, and division of society.

Offlinetokinman21
Stranger

Re: HPPD Success Story ( Completely Gone ) [Re: wal0013]
    #14764427 - 07/13/11 09:34 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

wal0013 said:
You got lobotomised bro.

That's sort of what I was thinking lol...not quite that extreme, but along the same lines.  Neuronal stimulation makes sense though...I was just reading about some type of brain damage supposedly caused by excessive psychedelic use and the symptoms of my "HPPD" seem to fit it pretty well.  Anyone else get ringing in their ears?

EDIT: I'm aware everyone gets ringing in their ears sometimes.  I mean intense and frequent.

Edited by tokinman21 (07/13/11 09:42 PM)

Invisiblewondercat
Dashing

#14764476 - 07/13/11 09:41 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

tokinman21 said:

The question is, are things like that really "HPPD" as we look at it?  Auras are now a scientifically proven phenomenon, so it's not all that outlandish anymore to think that people open to them may be able to see them.  And it's not really HPPD if you're seeing something real, is it?  The question is, of course, whether it's something our brains have the ability to see or if we are just fooling ourselves.  I don't think we are, though...in some indigenous cultures things like seeing auras are just a part of everyday life, even if people haven't ingested psychedelics.

thats what I'm saying. Children can see them before most of them are conditioned to think that they don't exist. And I've caught my cat looking at them as well.

Perhaps the HPPD that OP is talking about is when there are hallucinations that disrupt everyday life, which are not real, and enhanced by paranoia and such.

But in my experience I like what I see after psycedelics.

And the ringing in my ears - for instance i can't go to sleep now without noticing a high pitched ringing. But I don't mind it so much anymore- I always had very sensitive ears and I think that now my hearing range has just gotten better.

--------------------

it truly is an illusion- your senses are just perceiving the varying vibrations in different ways- its holography; a representation.

"Nothing" is easy - Mooji

Offlinewal0013
kabukiman
Male User Gallery

#14764489 - 07/13/11 09:43 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

How much did it cost? How to you actually know that it was not a placebo?

--------------------
Abuse of words has been the great instrument of sophistry and chicanery, of party, faction, and division of society.

Invisibledrr
Female
Re: HPPD Success Story ( Completely Gone ) [Re: wal0013]
    #14764520 - 07/13/11 09:51 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

wal0013 said:
You got lobotomised bro.

:shocked:

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#14764607 - 07/13/11 10:12 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

tokinman21 said:

That's sort of what I was thinking lol...not quite that extreme, but along the same lines.  Neuronal stimulation makes sense though...I was just reading about some type of brain damage supposedly caused by excessive psychedelic use and the symptoms of my "HPPD" seem to fit it pretty well.  Anyone else get ringing in their ears?

EDIT: I'm aware everyone gets ringing in their ears sometimes.  I mean intense and frequent.

The ringing in your ears is called tinnitus, and it's generally from some kind of mineral deficiency. It is also caused by the consumption of factory farmed, genetically modified meats. Which damage the body and nervous system in numerous ways.

You can take Magnesium Glycinate, and Vitamin B-50, to deal with the ringing. It will take a few months but if you're vigilant it should get rid of it. I've had Tinnitus before.

Funny how nobody attributes their physical problems to the poisonous food they consume daily. The FDA just announced that all American chicken is loaded with Arsenic "in unsafe levels for human consumption", and has been for a decade. They feed the chickens Roxarsone (which is feed that contains Arsenic).

Glad the OP got over his problem, but a Craniotomy is very extreme.

Offlinesk8ordude
Stranger
Re: HPPD Success Story ( Completely Gone ) [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #14765034 - 07/13/11 11:39 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Did you figure out what drug did it to you? I've heard that X is often a culpret of disorders like that.

Also I hear a slight ringing vibration in my right ear alot when I'm in a quiet environment, I often meditate on raising its frequency to induce sober OBE trips (probably not the culpret but a useful tool none the less). It disappears when I use THC for a day or 2, and I've had it since before I ever did drugs although I never thought to meditate on it until later on. Either way I probably have various types of brain damage.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience