Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Hygrometer, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibletito123
Male

Martha humidity
    #14756635 - 07/12/11 02:04 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

k

Edited by tito123 (03/07/14 01:16 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedon_vedo
MerKaBa
Male

Loc: 5th dimension
Re: Martha humidity [Re: tito123]
    #14757058 - 07/12/11 03:24 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

You should definitely experiement and see what works best. A coolmist is supposed to be good enough, in my opinion humidity should be ok throughout the tent.

Lah'Kesh

--------------------
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us all. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

Invisibletito123
Male

Re: Martha humidity [Re: don_vedo]
    #14757224 - 07/12/11 03:58 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

k

InvisibleAlby
Male

#14757363 - 07/12/11 04:31 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Cool mist alone was never enough for me, I'd recommend an ultrasonic at the top. You can also take a couple rectangular baking pans, load them with wet perlite and place them under your bottom shelf, works nicely with a cool mist on the bottom shelf assisting in the evaporation off the perlite.

Offlinesage1o1
Warrior
Male User Gallery

Re: Martha humidity [Re: don_vedo] * 1
    #14757548 - 07/12/11 05:01 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Humidity can be a touchy thing in a martha.  Check out my sig's link to see how I have it setup.  But yeah, I agree with you OP, a Cool Mist by itself is just not enough, especially for the top tiers.

--------------------
An optimally setup greenhouse: (it's my GH :heart:)

Check it out if you have GH questions!

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length--and there I travel looking, looking breathlessly." -Carlos Castenda  (Don Juan: the Sorcerer)

Offlinedon_vedo
MerKaBa
Male

Re: Martha humidity [Re: sage1o1]
    #14757839 - 07/12/11 05:58 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I know it's not recommened or even the smartest thing to do but I got away with only using an ultra sonic set with a 15 minute cycle timer; I have a hygrometer on each teir of my Martha so to regulate humidity on all level. With a fan in the room to keep ambient air circulating and a couple holes cut in the plastic sheeting at each level; my Martha's humidity stays pretty constant.

Is there a set reason why a cool mist is preferred over a us? I didn't take the time to really look into it just had the us previous to my fun filled acquired hobby and thought I'd use it. I have had good yields with msg's and am moving on to trays now but was wondering if the coolmist woul increase yield for any reason.

Lah'Kesh

--------------------
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us all. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

Offlinesage1o1
Warrior
Male User Gallery

#14757889 - 07/12/11 06:07 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

don_vedo said:
I know it's not recommened or even the smartest thing to do but I got away with only using an ultra sonic set with a 15 minute cycle timer; I have a hygrometer on each teir of my Martha so to regulate humidity on all level. With a fan in the room to keep ambient air circulating and a couple holes cut in the plastic sheeting at each level; my Martha's humidity stays pretty constant.

Whatever works for ya, that actually sounds like a fine idea.

Quote:

don_vedo said:
Is there a set reason why a cool mist is preferred over a us? I didn't take the time to really look into it just had the us previous to my fun filled acquired hobby and thought I'd use it. I have had good yields with msg's and am moving on to trays now but was wondering if the coolmist woul increase yield for any reason.

Lah'Kesh

Well Cool Mists can provide FAE if piped in or if setup with the intake vent outside the GH.

They're not necessary really, if one can provide adequate FAE with other means.  I've ran on an exclusive ultrasonic basis before and I got big mushrooms, but they can over saturate.  That's the only issue really.

--------------------

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length--and there I travel looking, looking breathlessly." -Carlos Castenda  (Don Juan: the Sorcerer)

Offlinedon_vedo
MerKaBa
Male

Re: Martha humidity [Re: sage1o1]
    #14757951 - 07/12/11 06:20 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Yah I made the mistake my first Martha grow to not run the US on the 15 minute cycle timer, woke up one morning to my subs drenched and bleeding metabolites. With the cycle timer however humidity stays at a nice constant never getting above 98. I prefer my Martha to sit at a constant 95%.

Lah'Kesh

--------------------

Invisibletito123
Male

#14758069 - 07/12/11 06:44 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

k

Offlinesage1o1
Warrior
Male User Gallery

#14758213 - 07/12/11 07:22 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

tito123 said:
even if i did get a US, do you think it would reach to the bottom?

i think i'll have to get both

I like having both, that way I get pins even on the bottom shelf.  But yes, fog falls to the bottom so a Cool Mist isn't necessary, it's just really convenient.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Hygrometer, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation