Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

Re: Jeter's ball [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #14759571 - 07/12/11 09:43 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Man, I would be honored to be able to give someone a career ball like that. Not to mention that he got sick season tickets, a bunch of autographed loot, and the chance to meet one of the greatest short stops to ever play the game. I'd take that in a heart beat.

--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecortex
[ H ] ψ = [ E ] ψ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gedankenexperiment
Re: Jeter's ball [Re: zappaisgod]
    #14759593 - 07/12/11 09:46 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

If it were me I wouldn't have to have thought about it all.  It would be sold within a week.

But then again, I'm not a baseball fan, and I could give two shits about Jeter's achievement.

To be fair, I would have offered to sell it to Jeter for $300,000 before I put it up for auction.  It would be only fair to offer the guy the chance to buy his 3000th hit ball, but he wouldn't have gotten it for as cheap as he did. 

I have to agree with OP in some sense; I think the guy is a sucker.  That ball is going to go in some corner of Jeter's mansion, and the only person who is really going to enjoy is now is the butler who goes in and dusts it off occasionally.  That guy missed out on a potential quarter of a million bones to be 'nice' to some overpaid asshole.

--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
    #14761316 - 07/13/11 08:34 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Senor_Doobie said:
It's all speculative, money grubber.  You don't know where my values are either except on this particular baseball.  What do you think he values so much higher than $250,000 anyway?  Having Derek Jeter think he's a sucker?

Maybe it's having Jeter think he's a great guy.  Why do you think that everybody who doesn't drain the last dollar out of a position is a sucker?

Having some stranger think you're a great guy is worth more to you than a quarter million dollars? 

And you really think Jeter thinks the kid is a great guy?  You think he's going to call him up and have him over for supper?  Maybe Derek and Minka have Christopher with them recovering from injury, er I mean clubbing in Miami?  Maybe jeter will put him in his will, you know because he thinks he's a such a great guy, lol.

Because we all know that Jeter (like you zippy) doesn't try to get every last dollar out of his position.  Cough bullshit cough

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #14761514 - 07/13/11 09:56 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Senor_Doobie said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Senor_Doobie said:
It's all speculative, money grubber.  You don't know where my values are either except on this particular baseball.  What do you think he values so much higher than $250,000 anyway?  Having Derek Jeter think he's a sucker?

Maybe it's having Jeter think he's a great guy.  Why do you think that everybody who doesn't drain the last dollar out of a position is a sucker?

Having some stranger think you're a great guy is worth more to you than a quarter million dollars? 

And you really think Jeter thinks the kid is a great guy?  You think he's going to call him up and have him over for supper?  Maybe Derek and Minka have Christopher with them recovering from injury, er I mean clubbing in Miami?  Maybe jeter will put him in his will, you know because he thinks he's a such a great guy, lol.

Because we all know that Jeter (like you zippy) doesn't try to get every last dollar out of his position.  Cough bullshit cough

I don't, grubber.  Never have.  Some dollars are whore dollars.  Maybe you'll learn that someday.

--------------------

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

#14761818 - 07/13/11 11:13 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I guess that's why you have to live with people you hate.

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#14761995 - 07/13/11 11:43 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Senor_Doobie said:
I guess that's why you have to live with people you hate.

:rofl2:

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#14767327 - 07/14/11 11:17 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

http://moneywatch.bnet.com/retirement-planning/blog/bank-dad/jeter-3000-fans-good-karma-tax-relief-other-bounty/1285/

Quote:

But as my friend Bill Dwight at FamZoo, a kids-and-money website, pointed out: “I think he made a wonderful deposit in the long-term Bank of Karma.” Turns out the long term is less than a week.

The Yankees showered Lopez with seats and memorabilia, though worth nothing approaching the value of the Jeter ball. That seemed to compound Lopez’ mistake as accountants contacted by The New York Times and The New York Daily News estimated he might owe up to $14,000 in income tax on the rewards.

Here’s where it gets interesting. Two companies have pledged to pay the tax, if in fact it is owed. The Miller High Life brand is one, claiming it wants Lopez to “continue to live the high life.” Topps is going to put Lopez on a baseball card and Mitch Modell, CEO of Modell Sporting Goods, said he would give Lopez a 2009 World Series ring that he got as a sponsor of the Yankees. The ring has a collectible value of around $30,000.

But it gets better. Modell and Brandon Steiner, CEO of Steiner Sports, guaranteed Lopez at least $25,000 each towards his student debt, and Steiner is going to toss the young man 5% of the proceeds of a coming auction of Yankees’ memorabilia, again to reduce his student debt.

That $250,000 number keeps getting bandied about as if it's gospel.  I'm not so sure but one thing is clear.  It would be 100% taxable.

--------------------

Offlinelove2shpongleIRL
Opiophile
Male

#14767699 - 07/14/11 12:35 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Aren't they trying to tax him on his loot that jeter gave him as well?

--------------------
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
T. S. Eliot

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Jeter's ball [Re: love2shpongleIRL]
    #14767947 - 07/14/11 01:31 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yes.  Maybe.  They'll probably try to get their clutches onto some of this, too.  I'm not exactly sure how gift taxes would apply.  Fuck the IRS and fuck everybody who said this guy was schmuck.

--------------------

Offlinelove2shpongleIRL
Opiophile
Male

#14768053 - 07/14/11 02:02 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Oops, didn't see you're previous post, it's bullshit trying to tax this guy. It is also bullshit to call the guy a schmuck for making a personal decision.

--------------------
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
T. S. Eliot

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
    #14768391 - 07/14/11 03:37 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

lol

well, his 'personal decision' was to give a huge gift to a multi-millionaire just because he's starstruck- that's schmucky to me

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Offlinelove2shpongleIRL
Opiophile
Male

Re: Jeter's ball [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #14768400 - 07/14/11 03:40 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I wouldn't have done it, but it's not my ball to give away. His decision is his decision.

--------------------
T. S. Eliot

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#14768692 - 07/14/11 05:01 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

love2shpongleIRL said:
I wouldn't have done it, but it's not my ball to give away. His decision is his decision.

--------------------

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
    #14768820 - 07/14/11 05:24 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

It was his decision and he like many before him he made the wrong one.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Jeter's ball [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #14768849 - 07/14/11 05:31 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
It was his decision and he like many before him he made the wrong one.

Nope, grubber.

--------------------

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

#14771138 - 07/15/11 05:48 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

It is also bullshit to call the guy a schmuck for making a personal decision.

It is my personal decision to hold a judgment against the guy for being a sucker.  So to judge me on that decision makes you and zippy a couple of hypocrites.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#14771709 - 07/15/11 09:55 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Senor_Doobie said:
Quote:

It is also bullshit to call the guy a schmuck for making a personal decision.

It is my personal decision to hold a judgment against the guy for being a sucker.  So to judge me on that decision makes you and zippy a couple of hypocrites.

Oh no.  My judgment regarding you comes from several years of observation.

--------------------

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

#14772231 - 07/15/11 11:45 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Funny because you never called me a grubber pior to this thread and over 50 times in the 3 days since.

If facts ever start lining up with your claims I'll recognize that as the day Fox News goes off the air.

--------------------

Invisiblegzuf
٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14773125 - 07/15/11 02:17 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I never would have gave the ball back but I'm sure he's going to be well off either way.

Or I would've gave it back... For a price :yesnod:

--------------------
+1 Post ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶

InvisibleFred Teddy
Flying with Turkeys

Re: Jeter's ball [Re: gzuf]
    #14789141 - 07/18/11 08:57 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Personally, I would have held out for a bitchin New Truck. :grin: But, hats off to the guy. A true fan. Ive been a Yankee Fan since Joe Pepitone. ( Who? ) As far as this whole "public" deal goes ... Who knows what Santa is gonna send down this guy's chimney. You guys aint looking at the complete picture here. I think he's gonna make out.

--------------------
... its all about fun and games ... and no one has poked their eye out ... yet.

Peace.

Disclaimer: Fact is ... Its all fiction.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom