Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepouihi
Mary Jane Doe
Female User Gallery

Loc: Portugal
recurrent dreams
    #14752552 - 07/11/11 07:22 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

lately it has been snakes. The strangest thing is that I like them, have been with a few and always thought of them as beautiful animals. but when I dream with them I have a huge irrational fear, and it has been escalating to a point in which they bite and I start panicking because I'll die. yours?

--------------------

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite."

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: recurrent dreams [Re: pouihi]
    #14752646 - 07/11/11 07:43 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

For some reason. I keep dreaming about having some aquariums and I forgot to feed the fish in them, but they turn out to be okay. I dunno... :justdontknow:

Offlinemongo lloyd
Lone Free Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: recurrent dreams [Re: Le_Canard]
    #14752749 - 07/11/11 08:02 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I used to dream about walking home after school, and for some reason it was always night time. And I'd be walking really slowly, like it would be impossible to walk at a regular speed. Dreamt similar things to that a fair amount. Pretty weird.

--------------------

InvisibleHan Jeremy
sense clarification technician
 User Gallery

Loc: the grass ain't greener, ...
Re: recurrent dreams [Re: mongo lloyd]
    #14754338 - 07/12/11 12:58 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

reoccuring dreams usually are an attempt by the unconcious to balance out what it perceives as a deficiency currently lacking in the personality, they'll persist on and off until it is smoothed out

--------------------
:psychsplit: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::psychsplit:

Bodies in simultaneous movement, spontaneous in their structure, bind with the spirits of the yesteryear. Praise the gift, blend within the wind, and become one with the universe.

InvisibleHan Jeremy
 User Gallery

#14754374 - 07/12/11 01:00 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

snakes are an ancient phallic dream symbol

--------------------
:psychsplit: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::psychsplit:

Bodies in simultaneous movement, spontaneous in their structure, bind with the spirits of the yesteryear. Praise the gift, blend within the wind, and become one with the universe.

InvisibleHan Jeremy
 User Gallery

Re: recurrent dreams [Re: Le_Canard]
    #14754386 - 07/12/11 01:03 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

the aquarium may symbolize your soul, maybe you were neglecting some part of your spiritualality(not feeding the fish)

--------------------

InvisibleHan Jeremy
 User Gallery

Re: recurrent dreams [Re: mongo lloyd]
    #14754414 - 07/12/11 01:06 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

sounds like your unconcious is telling you it wants you to try to learn at life faster,(walking slow,after school) and to be more awake (at night)

--------------------

Offlinelacma50
I'm a teapot

Re: recurrent dreams [Re: Han Jeremy]
    #14754457 - 07/12/11 01:15 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Haha I like the new guy!

--------------------

"Any rational person changes their mind when confronted with new evidence."

Offlineelectricfeel
wild wallflower
Female

Loc: sinking into the center
Re: recurrent dreams [Re: lacma50]
    #14754551 - 07/12/11 01:38 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

i frequently have tornado dreams.

and i think they symbolize some strong underlying fear within myself of what I cannot control.

:shrug:

--------------------

Offlinepouihi
Mary Jane Doe
Female User Gallery

Re: recurrent dreams [Re: electricfeel]
    #14754961 - 07/12/11 03:40 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

so basically I'd be having dreams with a sexual conotation? I can't see what it could possibly mean, on one of the latest it bit me and I was terryfied my arm was going to necrotize and my skin started bursting but meanwhile I woke up, I was attempting to get to the hospital. they're usual different dreams in story but similar in content and feeling that generates on me. very coloured snakes :shrug:

--------------------

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite."

InvisibleSamuel L Jackson
Bad Motherfucker
Male

#14754998 - 07/12/11 03:50 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

these dont happen often, but the only "recurring" bad dreams i have involve my teeth falling out.

i actually had one last night, but it was just one tooth. usually its all of them.

the worst ones are when they fall out because they snap off, and the roots are left in my gums with jagged edges sticking out where the teeth snapped off which cut into my mouth when i close it.

--------------------

Offlinepouihi
Mary Jane Doe
Female User Gallery

Re: recurrent dreams [Re: Samuel L Jackson]
    #14755043 - 07/12/11 04:01 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

haven't dreamt with that lately but I also dreamt with teeth falling. or having my mouth filled with blood and pieces of them, it were creepy dreams

--------------------

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: recurrent dreams [Re: Samuel L Jackson]
    #14755213 - 07/12/11 05:23 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mongo lloyd said:
.... And I'd be walking really slowly, like it would be impossible to walk at a regular speed....

Quote:

electricfeel said:
i frequently have tornado dreams.

Quote:

SamuelLJackson said:
these dont happen often, but the only "recurring" bad dreams i have involve my teeth falling out....

What's interesting is that those are all very common recurring "themes" that many people experience. I my self have experienced each of them...Not being able to walk at normal speed or run away from things. I've had a lot of tornado dreams through out my life, but most of them withing the past few years. And I have also experienced the teeth falling out thing a few times as well.

Dreams man :strokebeard:

:stoner:

--------------------

Invisiblekoraks
Re: recurrent dreams [Re: openmind]
    #14755223 - 07/12/11 05:33 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

In my experience, recurring dreams can simply be traced back to stuff you haven't dealt with emotionally. E.g. pouihi's snakes: probably you do have some irrational fear for them, which is in consciousness completely swamped by the positive associations that you have with these reptiles. But the fear is still somewhere there, and your mind needs to deal with that, for which purpose it uses dreams. I didn't get this from a book or anything; just from observation and some very basic (and limited) knowledge of how dreams work.

Regarding the symbolism of dreams: I don't buy that shit because of Occam's Razor (I favor plausible, fairly simple explanations over far-fetched theories). But everyone is free to believe what (s)he wants to believe. Fact is that science has only a very limited understanding of how dreams work or what they're there for (if anything), so there's room for alternative hypotheses.

Offlinelacma50
I'm a teapot

Re: recurrent dreams [Re: koraks]
    #14756940 - 07/12/11 03:02 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Last night one of the dreams I had was a dream I seem to have A LOT. The basic concept being that it's night and I'm in my old elementary school which rests atop a hill and has gates. I have a need to escape it so I climb the gate and there tends to be either cops or yard duties or parents or someone trying to catch me and put me back inside. I then go out onto this path that usually has 3 different directions to go(including the path I came from) and has a bunch of large bushes to the sides. I usually stop there thinking it's a chill place and noone will find me but sometimes I will go to this spot and know that the bushes are safe since there are people in close pursuit so I have to jump into them. In the dream last night I stopped there and sat atop the waist high fence and looked down and saw another person in what I guess was a path a long ways under me. I then lit a cigarette from a pack I think I bought in a different dream since I remembered I had them and woke up. I don't usually wake up on this path though. I usually keep trying to escape from the area and end up wandering around various streets that seem similar to the area I grew up from back when I was a teenager.

--------------------

"Any rational person changes their mind when confronted with new evidence."

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: recurrent dreams [Re: lacma50]
    #14757036 - 07/12/11 03:21 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I wouldn't call a fear of poisonous snakes irrational.

It is common for young kids to dream about natural predators or such.  Some say it is serves as training so that you will react appropriately if it happens in real life.

Dreams are weird.  They do studies all the time and it's all pretty interesting stuff.  There has been pretty cool research done that shows that dreams really can teach you how to do things, or to better understand things in waking life.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Community >> The Pub