Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

The physical boy
    #14749291 - 07/11/11 03:36 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

A Boy stands before a Master of the times, and asks the Master: what things are physical?

The Master tells him 'all fundamental particles are physical!'

The boy asks: where are the fundamental particles?'

The master tells him 'they are HERE! and HERE! and EVERYWHERE!'

The boy asks: But I see you, and the table, and the tree, i do not see fundamental particles!

The master tells him: 'Thats because you are too large to see them. If we zoom in, you will start to see the particles in the patterns of the physical world.'

(LEt us suspend imagination for the moment and say that we actually can see fundamental particles)

The master shows the boy through a microscope that the table is made of particles.

The boy asks: 'Is everything made of particles?'

The master tells him: 'If I could find something that was not made of particles then I would be famous!'

The boy asks: 'Are you made of particles?'

The master replies: YES! look at these cells that made up my body. Look at how they are made of particles! LOOK!

The boy looked through the microscope and saw many particles. In fact that was all he could see. Everything about the master seemed to be made of particles and there was nothing in between the particles that seemed to be made of anything else.

The boy asked the master: 'Am I made of particles?'

The master replied, slightly annoyed: 'Of course boy, you are like me, see!'

The boy asked the master: how will I look upon myself? Where should I point the microscope?

The master pointed to the boy square in the eye.

So the boy pointed the microscope at his eye (it is a big bendy microscope).

He saw so many particles, just like when he looked at his master.

But he said to the master: 'Master, I see my eye. But my eye is something that I am looking at. It is my eye. How can I see myself, the viewer of the eye?'

The master felt slightly confused for a second because he wondered what the boy was asking.

Then he said: 'You are your eye, you are also your body!'

The boy said: I am my eye? I am my body? Am I my clothes?

The master chuckled: 'no you are only your body, and each part of your body is a different aspect of yourself.'

The boy said: So what aspect of myself is my eye?

The master said: It is the part that you see with.

The boy was fascinated. He picked up a knife from the table and swiftly gouged out his eyes, at the horror of his master. The master attended to the disaster promptly, and was able to re-attach the eyes to the boy. After some calming down, the master asked him:
Now do you understand? without your eyes you cannot see! Do not do such a silly thing again.

But the boy was slightly curios. He asked the master: 'Master, I could no longer see the room as I did before, but I imagined the room and I could see my imagination as clear as day. It seems clear that the eye is an aspect of myself involved with seeing the world around me, but what aspect of myself is involved with seeing my imagination?'
The boy thought that if he could find his imagination, he would be able to find himself rather quickly.

The master said: Boy, that is your brain. DO NOT damage your brain for I do not have the technology to rescuccitate you.

The master smoked a bong and went to bed, angry for wasting his time with this boy.

the boy was excited, for he thought that if he pointed the microscope towards his brain, he would find himself.

He searched for a very long time but all he ever saw were particles. But then it struck him, there was nothing to see other than particles. Even when he looked at the microscope itself, he saw only particles. Everywhere he looked there were particles.

He knew that everything he could point at was made of particles.

So he tried pointing at himself in order to find out which particles HE was that were not simply something that he was looking at. He pointed directly at himself so that he saw the tip of his finger. Then he pointed the microscope in the same direction. He saw, as he had seen before, the particles making up his eye. HE knew that this was not him because he took them away before and he continued to exist. So he figured that the eyes must be in front of his true self. He peered behind them and as before, he saw only his brain. But he was looking at his brain so he couldnt actually be his brain. His brain was just an object that he was able to look at.

The boy was sick of objects. He considered objects as being different to himself. None of the objects WERE him, they were just objects made of objects, collections of particles and collections of collections of particles.

However he realised soon that all of these things could be pointed at with his finger. But he learned that he could point at things without using his finger. He tied his hands together and found that he could point to things everywhere, even things behind him. He played a game with himself by pointing his mind toward different objects and saying their name.

Then he pointed his mind toward himself. He said 'This is me'. Amazed, he ran to the master and woke him up.

MASTER! Master!

The master got up and attended to the boy with obligation that a caring parent would.

The master asked: 'What is it, boy? why do you wake me up?'

The boy said 'Master, earlier when I asked you who I am,' [the boy points to himself] 'you showed me that I am made of particles just like you' [he points to the master]'.

The master replied: 'Yes. Everything that you point at will be made of particles. '

The boy then put his hand down and pointed to himself with his mind, for he found no way of pointing to his mind with his finger. His finger only ever pointed to objects made of particles. He asked 'What is this made of?'

The master did not understand the boy. The boy was standing there looking up at him, with his hands indicating no gesture. So the master asked:
'What are you pointing at?'

the boy said 'I am pointing at myself'

The master pointed to the boy and said 'You are made of particles, boy, accept it!'

The boy then said' But master you are pointing to my body. I am pointing at myself'

The master realised what the boy's problem was.
HE said:

'Boy, I can only speak of the things that you can point at. If I cannot see what you are pointing to then I cannot tell you what you wish to know'.

The boy realised that the Master had no way of knowing what he was talking about unless he pointed with his finger. But his finger only pointed to particles.

So the boy had an epiphony. 'Of course the master thinks that everything is made of particles! He can only see things that can be pointed to with a finger, and only particles can be pointed to with a finger! Maybe he thinks that I do not exist at all? Maybe when he talks about me he only thinks he is talking about the parts of me that he can point to!'

The boy remembered that when he looked at his master through the microscope, he easily believed that his master was made of particles. So, he thought, the master probably was in the same boat.

But the boy was not happy. He was pleased that he understood himself a little bit more. He understood that he could never point a finger at himself. He could only ever point his finger at physical objects. but this made him wonder what existed in the world. He could not point his finger or his mind at his master's true self, if such a thing existed.

This made him feel very alone. He felt like there was no way to know whether his master existed like he did, or if his master was just a bunch of particles that acted a lot like he did.

He also felt sad because he could not point and show anyone his 'true' self.

He felt sad and alone.

He had found something that was not made of particles, but he never became famous. No one even believed him.

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: The physical boy [Re: Noteworthy]
    #14749750 - 07/11/11 07:43 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

What?  I can't believe I read through all that.  Try the mystery forum.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: The physical boy [Re: Icelander]
    #14749789 - 07/11/11 08:01 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

ahaha perhaps it deserves to be in the science forum actually. lets see how they go

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Microscope

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology