Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineEnthrall
Mr ?
 User Gallery

My beef with oblivion
    #14747967 - 07/10/11 09:00 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Back in what was it 06' when oblivion came out it was amazing.

Recently I got it on PC and modded it to death. After playing a few hours I realized the only good thing about the game is immersion. Its missing so much stuff that could make it great.

First off travel ling through the forest is epic but serves no purpose. It soon gets generic. This is fixed with unique landscapes mod mostly.

The monsters are lack luster their only purpose to to roam the empty pre generated forests to attack you. And the AI is pretty sketchy. Feels too much like AI to me then a hostile enemy in a world. Which breaks immersion. Encountering enemies who are human or not a creature dont have stories. They are just bandits with strange names.

The cities are vibrant and living and for the most part the npc's have unique things to say but many of them are just pointless roamers who have predictable living patterns. Wake up, roam city, make meaningless talk which you usually heard before, eat, sleep, repeat.

Only a few of them have quests or interact with you in a meaningful way.

All dungeons feel the same, no point in explore ing them it seems.

The game could of been so much better. It feels more like a theme park then a real living world. With many illusions to make you feel like its "real"

Also the lack of emotion in all the people kill it for me. You cant make relationships or travel with someone who you feel a connection to. Feels to lonely to me.

Idk I think my feelings of nostalgia may overwhelm any feelings I get from playing it.:sad: Maybe Im burnt out on it. When it came out I had like 200 hours into the game but remember nothing of secrets or story. Does anyone feel its empty like me?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

Re: My beef with oblivion [Re: Enthrall]
    #14750678 - 07/11/11 10:55 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Better than morrowind from a fun-perspective, though.

--------------------

wat man rly

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

Re: My beef with oblivion [Re: blujay]
    #14750680 - 07/11/11 10:56 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Also this makes me crazy excited for TES 5 because you basically listed all the things they've specifically spent years improving.

--------------------

wat man rly

OfflineEquipto

#14750788 - 07/11/11 11:19 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blujay said:

You really think so? I thought Morrowind was alot more fun when it came down to it. Oblivion improved on the fighting mechanics and graphics but went backwards in just about everything else in my view. The feeling of accomplishment after finally getting to where you need to go in Morrowind after traveling and exploring for hours was so amazing, you never get close to that in Oblivion. I guess the world just felt alot more real and alive in Morrowind to me, plus you could use oriental weapons and spears :n00bslayer:

--------------------

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

Re: My beef with oblivion [Re: Equipto]
    #14750844 - 07/11/11 11:28 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Equipto said:
Quote:

blujay said:

You really think so? I thought Morrowind was alot more fun when it came down to it. Oblivion improved on the fighting mechanics and graphics but went backwards in just about everything else in my view. The feeling of accomplishment after finally getting to where you need to go in Morrowind after traveling and exploring for hours was so amazing, you never get close to that in Oblivion. I guess the world just felt alot more real and alive in Morrowind to me, plus you could use oriental weapons and spears :n00bslayer:

Part of me says no, you know. Oblivion is more fun to play, but Morrowind had a lot more to discover- it's just you had to work so hard to reach it to the point I always ended up exploiting it to get through the beginning 10 levels or so. Selling armor to the mudcrab/creeper etc.

--------------------

wat man rly

Offlinehidenseek
loafter
Male

Loc: Etoba-mi-coke
    #14751002 - 07/11/11 12:12 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

:crankey: i sold my morrowind for 20 bucks

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
Re: My beef with oblivion [Re: Enthrall] * 1
    #14753646 - 07/11/11 09:02 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Well, I don't understand what you expected.  It is, after all, just a video game.  And I thought it was a pretty amazing one for its time.  Considering this game was released over 5 years ago (meaning it was developed long before that) I thought they did a fantastic job on it.  Games will continue to evolve and get better just as they have for the last 3 decades.  But they will always still be just games and will be limited to the technology and creativity of the developers at the time.  Remember, every tiny detail of every NPC, creature, item and landscape had to be completely designed, created and programmed by a real human.  There are limits.

I spent a couple hundred hours with Oblivion myself and thoroughly enjoyed it for what it was, never expecting it to be anything else.  I'm definitely looking forward to Skyrim to see what kind of advances have been made in 5 years of development.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

InvisibleJufin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #14755146 - 07/12/11 02:56 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I used to love Oblivion but ended up hating it.  I just started hating the same voices and faces over and over again, and the stupid leveling up system where the enemies matched your level range.

Morrowind shits all over it in every way except for combat.  Yeh the combat was shit in Morrowind but the rest of the game was very well put together.

InvisibleMad_Larkin

#14755305 - 07/12/11 04:26 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Wake up, roam city, make meaningless talk which you usually heard before, eat, sleep, repeat.

Just like real life bro.

OfflineEnthrall
Mr ?
 User Gallery

Re: My beef with oblivion [Re: Mad_Larkin]
    #14758231 - 07/12/11 05:26 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I may have changed my mind. Iv modded it so much its a whole different game. MMM and Francescos level mod. And a ton of others. All natural is really great because it gets rid of the lighting that comes from the walls and adds real darkness to nights and dungeons.

Edited by Enthrall (07/12/11 05:29 PM)

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
    #14758251 - 07/12/11 05:31 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I played Oblivion for x box. I was addicted for a long time.

I owned a house(the one where you have to defeat the spirits in order to take ownership). I decorated it really cool. There were plates on the table when I got it and I moved all the food off of them and replaced it with skulls. Then later I had some torch boy following me around. I ended up killing him and hiding his body in my living room.

Oh... the times I had decorating..

OfflineEnthrall
Mr ?
 User Gallery

Re: My beef with oblivion [Re: XUL]
    #14758290 - 07/12/11 05:44 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

The adoring fan?:lolsy:

--------------------

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #14758347 - 07/12/11 05:57 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Enthrall said:
The adoring fan?:lolsy:

Yeah, he reminded me of the bad guy from "The Incredibles" so I killed him also.
:lol:

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

InvisibleJufin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #14758658 - 07/12/11 06:50 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

XUL said:

I owned a house(the one where you have to defeat the spirits in order to take ownership). I decorated it really cool. There were plates on the table when I got it and I moved all the food off of them and replaced it with skulls. Then later I had some torch boy following me around. I ended up killing him and hiding his body in my living room.

Haha!  I did the exact same thing except I didn't kill him but left him in the basement just standing around like some kind of prisoner.  And I put skulls on the table as well.

InvisibleMad_Larkin

#14758672 - 07/12/11 06:52 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Enthrall said:
I may have changed my mind. Iv modded it so much its a whole different game. MMM and Francescos level mod. And a ton of others. All natural is really great because it gets rid of the lighting that comes from the walls and adds real darkness to nights and dungeons.

Shieeet son. Nice pics.

Could you make a list of the mods you use? Pretty please. :heart:

OfflineEnthrall
Mr ?
 User Gallery

Re: My beef with oblivion [Re: Mad_Larkin] * 2
    #14758927 - 07/12/11 07:36 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I sure can.

First off get oblivion mod manager and better sorting (boss)

I didnt use wyre bash as its pretty complicated and wanted to install everything simply.

Install order is important also. Always install texture packs last.

visit www.tesnexus.com for mods

Install first!-You should get oblivion unoficial patch, mod patch, shivering isle patch, and supplimental patch.

Install second!- Francescos leveled creatures mod and MartsMonsterMod both go hand in hand. Visit MartsMonsterMod on tesnexus and read instructions. It is critical. They add monsters, items, faction system, wounding system. And the creatures do not level as you do. You could encounter someone higher than you or lower.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=17784
and
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2518

I dislike Oblivion overhaul mod. Makes the game to hard and grindy with these two you get lots of fun.

-All natural for weather and lighting

-+5 attributes mod,no more under leveling

-vilja and aleswell cottage(best companion ever)

-ambient dungeons

-atmospheric oblivion(increses ambient sounds)

-bag of holding(going back and forth between a dungeon cause you cant carry enough if grinding and not fun)

-basic primary need(eating and sleeping mod:cool:) I set them to 72 hours, only stat drain 25% and 0 attrib drain cause the defaults come on to quickly.)

-companion compatability(keeps enemies targeting you)

-companion sleeping(adds beds for you vilja friend at inns)

-darknified UI(interface must needed, disable breathing meter as it comflicts with other mods)

-detailed terrain(beautiful grounds:eek:requires obge(see below)

-drop torch(dont get original get the one that allows you to hotkey a torch) mod allows you to drop torch on ground to fight with shield and sword.

-drunk effect(obvious)

-harvest flora(makes plants dissapear when you harvest)

-improved facial textures

-landscape LOD normalmap fix mipmap, landscape LOD texture replacement and border regions one. These improve the textures far away. No more sqare looking fields.

-low poly grass(even you know I have a good pc and all this improves performance without a change in appearance of grass)

-sm combat hide(hide in sneak and enemies wont know where you are anymore instead of mysteriously knowing where you lurk after discovered)

-vilga in aleswel(adds dialogue for your cottage)

-vilja mmm patch(known as vilja fcom patch or somthing under vilja downloads tab on tesnexus) ads protection against enemies targeting companion.

-vilja patch also on vilja downloads page

-immersive interiors(see through windows in houses and all natural is compatible)lighting light will cast through windows and light up room!

-----------------------------------------------------

Now textures. Do these last!

Install qarls texture pack first

Improved flora 1 then 2 then the #2 patch

Improved signs

then unique landscapes mod

------------------------------------------------------------

For all the mods you will need obse oblivion script extender. Google it. its a requirement for a lot of the mods

------------------------------------------------------------

Get fast exit mod on tesnexus. gets game from crashing on close.
oh and oblivion stutter remover its a must have.

As for graphics if your computer can handle ambient occlusion, godrays, and depth of field. Get oblivion graphics extender and the shader pack.

Last but not least check all mods in oblivion mod manager then run boss so it sorts the mods correctly.

Learn to make omods its handy. Click create in obmm then add an archieve file or folder then creat omod. its that easy.

Its tough and time consuming at first but you'll find all the mods work together very well. at least in my case.

--------------------

InvisibleMad_Larkin

#14758951 - 07/12/11 07:41 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

:gameover:

That's awesome man. Thanks!

OfflineEnthrall
Mr ?
 User Gallery

Re: My beef with oblivion [Re: Mad_Larkin]
    #14760402 - 07/13/11 12:21 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Parallax mapping and liquid water

--------------------

OfflineEnthrall
Mr ?
 User Gallery

#14768193 - 07/14/11 02:50 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

God damn it this is bullshit:crankey:

In an effort to reduce stuttering I uninstalled qarls textue pack and went to vanilla really textured mod which is a really low resolution compared to qarls. I get worse FPS :kingcrankey:

I have a gtx 470 for christs sake. I hope the next game is better optimized then this POS!

Qarls I had screen tearing at around 80 fps but with vanilla i get about 35 fps up and down.

--------------------

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#14895547 - 08/09/11 11:12 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I have everything working (I use OOO, pocket dimensions, custom lorebased races, midas magic)

OOO only makes the game "grindy" if you don't know how to exploit it to it's fullest. It's obvious to me it's designed by die-hards from the Morrowind days. If you know where everything is, you can still power through it. As for myself, I cheat a bit just by having Midas and pocket dimensions I can escape to, and Advanced Hotkey makes the game easier, too.

Right now I'm having a problem. I have everything working, but I can't enable Godrays. They worked in OBGEv2, but now that I updated (full clean install of everything including the documents/my games/oblivion/obge.ini files) I can't activate them. All the other shaders load spot on but the rays don't, and that's a bummer because they're what sell me on OBGE since OBGE stops me from using the default AA parameters.

--------------------

wat man rly

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

#14895721 - 08/09/11 11:48 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

You guys got me itching to play Oblivion again. Loved going around the forests when stoned. Soo pretty.

--------------------

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

Re: My beef with oblivion [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #14895875 - 08/09/11 12:13 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Really ticked that nobody online seems to have a single mention of everything else but Godrays working. Lots of "I can activate it, but" but no "I can't activate it"

I can't activate it.

Where is the OBGE log file anyway?

--------------------

wat man rly

OfflineEnthrall
Mr ?
 User Gallery

#14897311 - 08/09/11 05:11 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

blujay said:
Really ticked that nobody online seems to have a single mention of everything else but Godrays working. Lots of "I can activate it, but" but no "I can't activate it"

I can't activate it.

Make sure you have the shaders installed. The log file is in Oblivion folder probably in data. Cant remember. Also check the .ini which is where your saves are kept. It has commands of its own.

--------------------

Offlinemongo lloyd
Lone Free Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
    #14899903 - 08/10/11 06:45 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I burned out on Oblivion. Played it for probably over 400 hours. I went to play it again a while ago, but because I had already done pretty much everything, it was just kinda boring. Cannot wait for Skyrim :stoned:

--------------------

Offlinelove2shpongleIRL
Opiophile
Male

Re: My beef with oblivion [Re: mongo lloyd]
    #14900652 - 08/10/11 11:19 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

This, hopefully skyrim is just as good. I need another 400+ hour vaction.

--------------------
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
T. S. Eliot

Offlinenumonkei
Back! From thedigestive tractof dave theiguana!

Loc: A Tree
    #14917799 - 08/13/11 09:17 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Enthrall said:

The cities are vibrant and living and for the most part the npc's have unique things to say but many of them are just pointless roamers who have predictable living patterns. Wake up, roam city, make meaningless talk which you usually heard before, eat, sleep, repeat.

Only a few of them have quests or interact with you in a meaningful way.

All dungeons feel the same, no point in explore ing them it seems.

The game could of been so much better. It feels more like a theme park then a real living world. With many illusions to make you feel like its "real"

Also the lack of emotion in all the people kill it for me. You cant make relationships or travel with someone who you feel a connection to. Feels to lonely to me.

Idk I think my feelings of nostalgia may overwhelm any feelings I get from playing it.:sad: Maybe Im burnt out on it. When it came out I had like 200 hours into the game but remember nothing of secrets or story. Does anyone feel its empty like me?

"The cities are vibrant and living and for the most part the npc's have unique things to say but many of them are just pointless roamers who have predictable living patterns. Wake up, roam city, make meaningless talk which you usually heard before, eat, sleep, repeat"

Sounds like regular life for many folk, at least those that don't get addicted to video games and wake up, roam the city, make meaningless talk which you usually heard before, eat, sleep, and repeat. I'd just add fuck and excrete.
Quote:

XUL said:

Talking about the house in Anvil?

~Monk

OfflineEquipto

Re: My beef with oblivion [Re: numonkei]
    #14920199 - 08/14/11 10:57 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

numonkei said:

Talking about the house in Anvil?

~Monk

Yeah he definitely is haha, I know that house, pretty sure I've covered in in skulls and bones as well. I usually end up taking over some badass cave or abandoned stronghold and making it into my home. I love the freedom of storing items almost wherever you want (unless its a respawning chest), You can find a spot in the woods you like and just store your stuff there if you want, can't wait to find my first home in Skyrim :happyweed:

--------------------

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#14923186 - 08/14/11 10:16 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Enthrall said:
Quote:

blujay said:

I can't activate it.

Make sure you have the shaders installed. The log file is in Oblivion folder probably in data. Cant remember. Also check the .ini which is where your saves are kept. It has commands of its own.

It was all installed properly, I got OBGE working perfectly and Godrays still wouldn't activate, so i gave up and quit. It worked with OBGEv2, but I foolishly deleted those files and updated to OBGEv3 without looking. Nothing in the log files, which I eventually found.

--------------------

wat man rly

OfflineEnthrall
Mr ?
 User Gallery

#14923207 - 08/14/11 10:20 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Godrays only work outdoors once activated. You probably know this though.

--------------------

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#14925482 - 08/15/11 11:24 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yep, is it possible the new OBGEv3 was simply not allowing me to activate it indoors?

I mean, the ctrl (or was it shift) click in the plugin to activate it didn't work (simply no response) so I tried using the shaderlist. That didn't work either, and the v3 came with specific files it said to install if you were going to use Godrays, and I checked- they were where they were supposed to be. v2 didn't have such files :frown:

It comes with a folder labeled "01 Godrays Sunglare Fix"

1.Open the OBGEv3 Standalone Effects archive you downloaded. Extract the contents of the "00 Core" folder into your Oblivion\Data directory.
2.If you want to use the Godrays effect, also extract the contents of the "01 Godrays Sunglare Fix" folder into your Oblivion\Data directory.
3.Activate the 'Oblivion Graphics Extender Support.esp' in the mod loader of your choice.

It's an SM3 shader which makes me think whoever made it tweaked it on older hardware in a way post-v2 that breaks compatibility with newer cards or something.

I'd be interested in your OBGE configuration settings regardless. I find the color effects tricky to tweak. Bleach Bypass + Volumetric SSAO looks good.

Making me want to try again, sigh.

--------------------

wat man rly

OfflineEnthrall
Mr ?
 User Gallery

#14925747 - 08/15/11 12:19 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I could only activate it outside and when indoors it would be "-" on returning outdoors it would turn back on.

OBGE needs to release a new version though cause its incompatible with antialising which is pretty lame to me.

--------------------

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#14929390 - 08/16/11 12:25 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Enthrall said:
I could only activate it outside and when indoors it would be "-" on returning outdoors it would turn back on.

OBGE needs to release a new version though cause its incompatible with antialising which is pretty lame to me.

I feel like a retard. I had it all clique and I tossed it.

Okay, so what are you using for better water and I think I saw someone with like, bump-mapped ground tiles?

I think I should mention again how awesome this game is if you play OOO but with the standard level rates.

--------------------

wat man rly

OfflineEnthrall
Mr ?
 User Gallery

#14929456 - 08/16/11 12:43 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

blujay said:
Quote:

Enthrall said:

I feel like a retard. I had it all clique and I tossed it.

Okay, so what are you using for better water and I think I saw someone with like, bump-mapped ground tiles?

I think I should mention again how awesome this game is if you play OOO but with the standard level rates.

For water I used liquid water, its an OBGE mod found at tesnexus. If you want parallax of textures(bump map ground*) There is a download for that under OBGE downloads, its a seperate shader.

liquid water - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37825
adds water physics Its awesome

Yes that is real in game footage :grin:

For parallax- http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=30054
"OBGE Parallax Occlusion Mapping 3-0-1" Its a little buggy on some textures like rocks. For me it made the textures crawl a bit.

My computer is a AMD phenom II black edition @ 3.4ghz, 4gb of ddr3 ram, and gtx 470 with 1280mb or GDDR3 and with all this stuff oblivion still ran like crap. 100+ fps with drops down to 30fps that made it unplayable. It just didnt run smoothly even with streamline mod and stuttering mod. However it was ok for awhile until I added more mods. I suspect it was unique landscapes that effed up the frame rate. Before unique Landscapes I was running it at max with vsync on. 60 fps solid with no drops.

--------------------

Edited by Enthrall (08/16/11 12:47 AM)

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#14929463 - 08/16/11 12:45 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I wouldn't doubt it. My card is one step down from this:

It doesn't handle as well but it runs with the big dogs well enough for my purposes.

--------------------

wat man rly

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#14929477 - 08/16/11 12:49 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I'm gonna do a fresh install tomorrow and try some lighting or weather mods... the thing is I fear compatibility issues with OBGE on advanced lighting.

--------------------

wat man rly

OfflineEnthrall
Mr ?
 User Gallery

#14929487 - 08/16/11 12:52 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

blujay said:
I'm gonna do a fresh install tomorrow and try some lighting or weather mods... the thing is I fear compatibility issues with OBGE on advanced lighting.

It ran fine for me with all natural
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=18305

in fact OBGE is required. Gets rid of lighting that comes from no where and adds something like dynamic lighting where lights come for real sources rather than invisible ones.

Also theres the interior mod which adds see through windows which compliments all natural.

If I was to reinstall I would use very little mods if possible

Patches
Really textured oblivion(tweaks vanilla without increasing texture size)
OBGE and all natural
Francescos and OOO for those that like that. Frans monsters are random some being strong some being weak at high levels and increases spawn count. OOO is static mobs. OOO reminds me of oldschool rpg's.
Darknified
bag of holding
companion mod
harvest mod
LOD patches
Low poly grass cause I dont see a difference:tongue2:

Nothing else. Cause anything else is a freaken headache to get working or just uses to much resource hogging scripts and bogs the game down.

--------------------

Edited by Enthrall (08/16/11 12:58 AM)

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#14930935 - 08/16/11 10:11 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I use:

1) OOO (standard level rate)

that covers a lot, like improved lock-picking mechanics, harvest removal, varied monsters, new items etc.

2) UOP (unofficial oblivion patch)

helps a lot

3) OBSE/OBGE

4) DarNified UI (woohoo, no more retarded console layout and scrolling through page after page of items)

also it looks way cooler

5) Advanced Hotkey

I haven't cracked it's intricacies yet but you get two "sheets" instead of a dumbass ring with only 8 slots. You get to determine the size and position of them, too and you can have a single hotkey do more than one action (so like a hotkey for different armor sets or a hotkey for a weapon/spell combination so you can be like -Fire vulnerability enchant! Fireball! -Ice vulnerability enchant! Freeze ray!)

^^^^This is where the dumbing down of the Elder Scrolls REALLY shows. The broken blatantly console-ized UI.

6) Midas Magic (adds a buttload of unique spell effects you can purchase by collecting odd items like gold nuggets.)

If you like casters and you haven't used this one, get it now. NOW. Acid arrow that's actually an arrow,

NOW!!!! It's seamless and it actually makes gems and nuggets and the like useful, the building occupies a vacant spot and it's basically it's own minigame.

I really like Deadly Reflex but it's just too wily and likely to break my game so i don't fuck with it.

The minor addons I use are Lore Based Races so I can be Vivec and be a floating gold-man, and several houses by Lemunde. I stumbled on Lemunde by chance, but if you've not seen his work it is very much worth your time to look his name up on the nexus. He does pocket dimensions that actually look and feel like arcane pocket dimensions.

And then I decided to play minecraft instead, because school starts in a week and the last thing I need is to rekindle my Oblivion addiction.

--------------------

wat man rly

Edited by blujay (08/16/11 10:13 AM)

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#14930984 - 08/16/11 10:29 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

That's one of the things I liked about Morrowind, the ability to wander into a situation where you just have to run away because the monsters are way beyond you. Never really got the satisfaction of "Ill be back for you later" from oblivion.

OOO does a lot more than mess with the creatures.

I used OBMM (oblivion mod manager) with an OMOD I made of it a while back to make installing it a three click process and to subvert any possible extract fail.

So the main reason i chose OOO is because it's basically "hey guys I modded the fuck out of oblivion" without having to actually do that.

Combat Behavior by Lyrondor
• Potions Recolored by DoofDilla + Better Potion Bottles by Ceano + Potable Pastiche by Daeger, the
latter includes the following:
o Better Blood Bottles for Vampires by Hero2014
o Better Beer Bottles by Laurinque
o Better Wine by MarkQuinn's  
o Improved Potions of Exploration by Stabbey's
• Ebony Blade Fix by Dheer
• Tamriel’s Glittering Geology by Gristle and XMarksTheSpot
• Gem Dust by Turgothh (Modified to enhance Tamriel’s Glittering Geology)
• Geomancy by Momaw (Modified to enhance TGG)
• Guild Item Ownership 1.2 by Tandem
• Harvest [Containers] 0.99.08b by Dejunai
• Inebriation by Lap
• LockBash 1.1 by Scruggsywuggsy the Ferret (modified to work with Lap's Security Rebalance)
• Security Rebalance by Lap (modified to work with Scruggsywuggsy's LockBash)
• Drop Lit Torches 1.6 by Frugal
• Independent Thievery Rebalance (Hard Setting) by AdelieDream
Archmage Armor by Axeface (2 sets)
• Arctic Gear by Perditio44
• Battledress 1.1 by Chiz (plus a full set of
an OOO‐only retexture: Dread Armor)
• Blades Ceremonial Armor by Axeface
• Capes and Cloaks 1.2 by Someone1074,
textures by Belenos (special 1.3 versions:
Elhoim and Praetorio)
• Chain Bikini by Aleanne
• CM Iron Battle Shields and Orcish Nobility
Shield by Mark Quinn
• Contessa Chromed/Queen Metalace by
Eyren (2 sets)
• Dark Glass (Obsidian) by Praetorio
• Dark Rose by Kafeid
• Defensive Staves by Kearsage
• Draconic Armor by BadAndy
• Ethereal: Imperial Legion Armor by
DagothBalls
• Ethereal: Imperial Legion Armor Re‐
Texture by Elhoim
Female Dwemer model by Mmmpld
• Femme‐Daedric armor by Vagabond Angel
• Gray Fox Armory by Daeger
• Griffin Armor by Phitt
• Growlf’s Female Armor by Growlf (4 sets)
• New Daedric retexture by Praetorio
• Ivory Armor by Sleeper25
• More Shields by Zynthar (4 shields)
• Noble Plate by Ulath
• Pegasus Armor by Gorgonzola3000
• Shadowmail Armor by NorrabMaster
• Silver Dragon Armor by The Atronach
• Sin’s Light Armor Pack 3.0 by Sin (9 sets)
• Tegeal’s Extra Robes by Tegeal (15 sets)
• Tornes' Blockade Shield by Praetorio
• Vermillion and Silverthorn robes by Kafeid
(2 sets)
• Vella's Armor by vine‐au (2 sets)
• White Rose by Kafeid
• Worn Armors by Dieterweb (8 sets + 10
cuirasses)  
Arctic Bow by Perditio44
• Art of War Weapons 1.1 by RDjeke
• Braided Weapons by Chiz
• Cutlasses by The AshLad
• Dark Rose weapons by Kafeid
• Elven Sabres and Bows by Adonnay
• Icxth Sword by ThrottleKitty
• Jounk’s Polearms by Jounk33 (Translation
by Katan)
• Maulers by TemplarGFX
• Meteoric Weapons by Madcat and RDJeke
• Noble Weapons by Ulath
• Offensive Staves by Kearsage
• Pegasus Weapons by Gorgonzola3000
Rapiers by Cethegus
• Real Umbra by Razhkul (original model
and texture by Oriphier)
• Scimitars by Winter
• Scythe Mod by Thomas "tda" Bramall
• Severian's Katanas by Severian
• Shadowmail Weapons by NorrabMaster
• Silver Dragon Weapons by The Atronarch
• Soul Wail by Praetorio
• Two‐handed maces by Rdjeke
• VADaito by VagabondAngel
• Vella Glass Bow by Au‐vine
• White Rose weapons by Kafeid
Leviathan's Soul Gems by Star Boi
• Spell Icon Replace 1.0 by Forsaken32

It also tweaks the game mechanics in a bunch of ways to improve the overall balance of it, and has hand-placed monster spawns and rewards in every dungeon so they aren't all the same any more.

What I will say is to play it with OOO-Level_Stock.esp so it doesn't take four hour of game play to gain a level. I also have mine set up so the enemies don't respawn for a week. That makes it so you can run back and forth between a dungeon and loot it (trust me, you will need the time) or spend a bunch of time devising a way to kill the beast sitting in front of the chest of gold before all his buddies just pop right back in.

--------------------

wat man rly

OfflineEnthrall
Mr ?
 User Gallery

#14932228 - 08/16/11 02:58 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#14942651 - 08/18/11 01:44 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

OOh, that could be good.

In other news, any idea why my OBGE settings can't save- or rather do you have any idea how to save them? My game crashes when i exit OBSE, but is otherwise 100%.

I figured out that "saveini" in the console saves my regular video settings, though.

--------------------

wat man rly

OfflineEnthrall
Mr ?
 User Gallery

#14942936 - 08/18/11 02:41 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

blujay said:
OOh, that could be good.

In other news, any idea why my OBGE settings can't save- or rather do you have any idea how to save them? My game crashes when i exit OBSE, but is otherwise 100%.

I figured out that "saveini" in the console saves my regular video settings, though.

This has happened to me before. If its crashing this explains the .ini not being saved. Get "fast exit"
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22410

add it to your OBSE plugin folder. It will keep the game from crashing on exit and hopefully save your OBGE settings.:thumbup:

--------------------

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#14943002 - 08/18/11 02:52 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hah, thanks for the reply. I'm having a ball here.

--------------------

wat man rly

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#14943214 - 08/18/11 03:34 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Helpful, but my OBGE still refuses to retain it's settings, and it's history is so ripe with buggy failure that any search for help buries me under a mountain of useless nearly-but-not-actually related information.

Is it being saved in the OBGE.ini in My Documents do you think?

I suspect windows isn't letting it write a file.

A youtube comment:

"I use the same shaders that is in the download on TESNexus. The settings for OBGE V2 is stored in the savegame"

From my OBSE.log:
plugin has data in save file but no handler
lugin did not read all of its data (at 0000000000008A78 expected 000000000001080A)

So it's saving and not being able to read it back, I reckon.

--------------------

wat man rly

Edited by blujay (08/18/11 03:41 PM)

OfflineEnthrall
Mr ?
 User Gallery

#14944923 - 08/18/11 10:26 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

blujay said:
Helpful, but my OBGE still refuses to retain it's settings, and it's history is so ripe with buggy failure that any search for help buries me under a mountain of useless nearly-but-not-actually related information.

Is it being saved in the OBGE.ini in My Documents do you think?

I suspect windows isn't letting it write a file.

A youtube comment:

"I use the same shaders that is in the download on TESNexus. The settings for OBGE V2 is stored in the savegame"

From my OBSE.log:
plugin has data in save file but no handler
lugin did not read all of its data (at 0000000000008A78 expected 000000000001080A)

So it's saving and not being able to read it back, I reckon.

The .ini is in my documents/ oblivion folder. You could either change the settings or delete it and hope another is made which works. Otherwise you may have to use the shaderlist which is explained in the readme and the lines are found in the OBGE.ini which point to shaderlist location.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order