Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Another thing for the anti-warrers :)
    #1472223 - 04/19/03 02:17 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Greets,
Another thing I notice....

Bill Clinton had Congressional approval to attack Iraq.  This was due to their non-complaince with UN resolutions ordering them to disarm and prove they did.  He used approval to bomb the crap out of Iraq. Not many liberal college white-dreadlockers hit the streets then.

George Dub has COngressional approval to attack Iraq.  this is due to their non-compliance with UN resolution 1441 ordering them to prove they had disarmed.  He used this approval to attack and overthrow the leadership in Iraq.  Now we have protests in the street?  Hmm...  Maybe this IS just another slanderous attack of G Dub.  Just like the prattling about how he didn't win the election, when whats-his-face conceded AND the votes were later hand counted.  :smile:

Pz

Johnny R

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGringoLoco
I spit in theface of peoplewho ain't cool.
 User Gallery

Loc: Monterey, CA
Re: Another thing for the anti-warrers :) [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1472339 - 04/19/03 02:53 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Clinton never tried to rebuilt Iraq in the image of America.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1472343 - 04/19/03 02:55 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

He used this approval to attack and overthrow the leadership in Iraq.

Against the decision of the UN and international law.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1472673 - 04/19/03 08:04 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

That's because many liberals are two-faced slimeballs, and in their eyes Klinton could do no wrong.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Another thing for the anti-warrers :) [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1472716 - 04/19/03 10:01 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Fuck Clinton.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: BLC - I Don't Wanna Go

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Re: Another thing for the anti-warrers :) [Re: Learyfan]
    #1473209 - 04/19/03 02:46 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

As to the violation of UN law... the UN charter (available at www.un.org) states, I think in Article 51, that any member nation can attack another nation without approval of the UN if they feel it is in their own "self-interest or national defense". Another thing, who is the UN to tell us what to do? We are a soverign nation, and we are the most powerful nation on earth.  If the UN doesn't like what we do, we'll stop supporting them.  they didn't like us going into Kosovo, but someone had to do it.    as for hte "fuck clinton" post, I'm with ya there :smile: Maybe if he wasn't so busy soliciticing extramarital affairs he could have dealt with Osama and Saddam before htye both became such huge figures in the anti-American arab nations. and what is "international law" ? I hear about that all the time, but their is no such thing.  Certain crimes can be prosecuted in the World Court in the Hague, but their isn't a unilaterally ratified "internatioal law", so I don't know where that came from. get some facts before you disagree with me :smile:

Pz

Johnny R

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
    #1473230 - 04/19/03 02:56 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Clinton never tried to rebuilt Iraq in the image of America.

--------------------

I think that the main overlying problem here is that everyone thinks that their is something wrong, per se, with America, and that every other system in the world, while not being the SAME as ours, it just as good, qualitatively.  This simply isn't true.  people are so liberalized now that they fear making value judgements, so I'll make one for you, and you can see what you think about it.  Any nation where a leader gasses his own people, restricts personal freedoms (or totally does away with them), has members of his own politcal party execute the members of the same party he feels is going to rise up against him, and has to be FORCED by the UN to use the billions they make from their oil exports to feed their own people is W R O N G, morally, legally, spiritually. W R O N G.. They are evil people and need to be removed.  I think that most of the Iraqi's are going to be so overjoyed once they actually have some freedoms, maybe democracy will spread in the middle east (the ONE SINGULAR part of the world with no real democracy, save Israel and possibly Egypt, depending on your views of Egypt) just like it did after the berlin wall fell.    I also still fail to see the real bottom line objection to the war, is it just because gee dub is at the helm?  Or is their some real argument?  Would you protest any war that G dub starts, under any grounds?  If we don't deal with these nations first, they will deal with us in 9/11 style mannerisms.  It's funny how most liberals would "protest" the "human rights violations" in Iraq and demand the US stop "ignoring the plight of those poor people"< but when G dub wants to do something about it, everyone is again up in arms.  Let me correct that last sentance, buy "everyone" is up arms, I mean that the 11% of America that is against the war (or the 28% that dislike Gee dub) are up in arms :smile:  So remember this, being the loudest doesn't mean you are in the majority, I'm glad that 89% of america is still sane :smile:

Pz

Johnny R

--------------------

Invisibleadrug

#1473243 - 04/19/03 03:04 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think I need someone else making moral judgements for me. What makes your opinion so much more right than anyone elses?

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Re: Another thing for the anti-warrers :) [Re: adrug]
    #1473258 - 04/19/03 03:08 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I think that, morally, the US not going into Iraq would be like a weight lifter seeing a tiny man abusing a child, and not intervening.  Why should the weight lifter colonize and instutite his globalization policies on the child abuser? Are his values wrong just because they are different! How american of me to think we should intervene :smile:

Pz

Johnny R

--------------------

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

Loc: Canada
    #1473262 - 04/19/03 03:10 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Wow, youre swallowing the propaganda whole and asking for more...

--------------------
"I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. 'Course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are."

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Re: Another thing for the anti-warrers :) [Re: TheCaptain]
    #1473275 - 04/19/03 03:16 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Geez, how many more people will tel me i'm into "propaganda".  I can look at the news that you recieve ( from liberalpussies.com i'm sure) and tell you that it's wrong.  If you want to see "propaganda", ask Abu Dhabi and Al-Jazzi why they, until htey day bagdhad fell, were saying that we were losing :smile:  Prove me wrong with facts, not trite liberal sayings.

Pz
Johnny R

--------------------

Anonymous

#1473284 - 04/19/03 03:24 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

about your sig. bill clinton said this:

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans to legitimately own handguns and rifles."

your sig removes the context of what he said, completely changing the meaning. it is a manipulation and a lie.

Anonymous

#1473298 - 04/19/03 03:32 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i can sympathize wirh you taking issue with the liberals here at this forum. most of them are indeed morons who cannot think for themselves or logically defend their positions, but they are not the only ones against this war, and the lame arguments they use aren't the only ones to consider.

being anti-war doesn't mean being a "liberal pussy".

this letter, from the libertarian party (not liberal pussies), might interest you:
From the Libertarian Party: What have we really won in Iraq?

Edited by Anonymous (04/19/03 07:21 PM)

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Re: Another thing for the anti-warrers :) [Re: ]
    #1473363 - 04/19/03 04:02 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I didn't realize that my sig cut that off, but still, thats impedeing a Constitutional Right, and the addition of the word "legitamate" really shows what he means by that. Let's see, who else practised gun control... Hitler.. Stalin...  I wonder why? Maybe if you stupify the people through TV and mass-liberalization, then take everyone else's firearms away, you have 100% control of the country.  Owning firearms relates to what Abe Lincoln called our "Revolutionary right" to overthrow the government if we feel necessary.

Pz

Johnny R

Btw, I liked the letter from the libertarian, i'll address it in a later post.  I wish I got half as many answers to my cult questions as I did from the political ones :smile: Thx guys

--------------------

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

#1473370 - 04/19/03 04:06 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Ok...
Im sure you realize that everything that has happened since 9/11 has its roots set back far before many of us were born. Study some history. If you do you will find that US foreign policy has stirred up quite a bit of shit in many places (interestingly enough, the same places that hate the US- go figure...)

While youre busy studying some of this history, you may come across the fact that we have been known to prop up and continue to support dictators who slaughter their own people (we give them the weapons to do it, knowingly).
Saddam Hussein? Our boy. Look around, and you'll find the answers.
More often than not, we create the demons that come around to bite us in the ass.

So you think the US is comming in to save the day? Sorry man, thats laughable. Again read some history. There has never been an instance where US military has interveined just because a couple of peasants arent "free." People are living under dictatorships all over the world (many of them the US created), you dont see any "Coallitions of the willing" taking the troops to Tibet, Saudi, or the like...

Dont buy all those bullshit sob storries about Saddam gassing his people as a reason for him being a target. First of all, we gave him the goods to do it, (knowing he would use them) without even considering the fact that he is a whack job. fuck people have to get background checks to buy a gun, and we just give him nerve gas? come on.... And secondly, If that really did create such a powerful motive for his removal, we would have done something about it back in 88.

Still not convinced? Think about the US imposed government change in Iraq. Those people WANT to be able to vote for their leader, not let the people who put Saddam into power take another run at it. What the hell kind of democracy is chosen for you by someone else???? Take a look at the "democracy" were trying to impose on Iraq. Theyre fuckng criminals. People there dont support them. And, interestingly enough, theyre putting people convicted of the same war crimes Saddam is guilty of into power. Do some homework.

What really pisses me off is that as soon as we take an interest in "liberating" some fucking people no one in government gives a shit about (think afghanistan), these stories come out of the wood work to make our case to be a humanitarian one... If that really were the case- and our governments really did care, then why would we support tyrants in the first place? Why would we leave places to rot once we prop up a dictator that is our ally?

Whenever shit happens, think about WHY, and go get some more information other than what you see on TV or some politician is spouting off...

--------------------
"I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. 'Course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are."

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst
Son of the LordGod Almighty

Loc: Vatican City
    #1473371 - 04/19/03 04:06 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think many modern conservative or liberal politicians would agree with your (Abe's) "Revolutionary right". Wasn't it GW Bush who said "I think there should be limits to personal freedom"?

--------------------

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Re: Another thing for the anti-warrers :) [Re: JssMthrFcknChrst]
    #1473376 - 04/19/03 04:10 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

The Captain-
Lemme make sure I understand this.  We shouldn't go into Iraq/Afghan because their are other places on the world just as bad and we aren't attacking them?  If I said we should liberate all of those places, would that make you happy? Of course not. Learn how to present an argument with points that support your position, not random points you've thought together :smile:  As for the US support of Saddam.  We made a mistake, now we are fixing the problem.It seems that whenever any conservative makes a decsion, it's the wrong one. when we went to bosnia for the same reasons that the US claims we are going to Iraq (humanitarian reasons, regime change, anti-genocide), people still whined about that.  I don't see one reason why us going to war even matters to me, except it's cheaper to fill up my Grand Cherokee now :smile:

Pz

Johnny R

--------------------

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst
Son of the LordGod Almighty

Loc: Vatican City
    #1473403 - 04/19/03 04:28 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

JohnnyRespect, you seem like one of those people who would put a lot of faith in our Founding Fathers (if not, please correct me). Our founding fathers understood that America could not be run by concerning ourselves with the affairs of everyone else while ignoring our own problems. Certianly, when an enemy poses a serious and inimant threat to our security they must be taken care of. However, that is the argument that many non-war-supporters are trying to push: Saddam Hussein did not pose enough of a threat to American security at the present time to validate the enormous toll that this war is taking and will take on us. Billions of dollars later, we are now talking about cutting vital social services, including veteran services that will provide for the futures of the young men and women fighting the war. Yes Saddam was a fucktard, yes the people of Iraq are better with out him, but the question remains, was this war the best thing for the American people. Lets face it, fuck the Iraqis, fuck the Syrians, fuck Chinese, ALL I CARE ABOUT IS MY RIGHTS! Perhaps that is selfish, but without people watching your back, your rights will disappear while you are worried about the fucking Iraqis. That is what makes America great. We argue about things, but with our powers combine we form (CAPTIAN PLANET) a country safe for democracy.

jssmthrfcknchrst

--------------------

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

#1473458 - 04/19/03 04:50 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

If I said we should liberate all of those places, would that make you happy?

It would sure as hell made me happy- if we were actually liberating these people . Read the links ive provided. In this instance and the past, we have not liberated people but instead merely switched a dictatorship that isnt allied with us for one that is. This is the primary problem I have to the war. Its not about liberation....but youre all falling for the line.

Quote:

As for the US support of Saddam. We made a mistake, now we are fixing the problem.

Really? You think forcing a criminal government upon people who dont want it and calling it a democracy is fixing things?? Ok man... if you think so, but youre just fooling yourself.

Read the links. Spend just a few months reading some history.

--------------------

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Re: Another thing for the anti-warrers :) [Re: TheCaptain]
    #1473746 - 04/19/03 06:37 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

JssMthrFckChrist - I notice that gas prices have dropped, I'm happy with that :smile: War always sparks the economy, my predictions are that with the wet winter the east coast experienced curing last years drought and the influx of oil we'll have from Iraq, the DJIA will be above 9,000 points again by the end of the summer. Then we'll see how much we gained from the war :-)

TheCaptain - If you don't think that the US liberates nations, watch some video of Afghanistan after we whupped their asses. Men shaving beards, women learning how to drive, schools opening that had been closed for years, soccer stadiums being used for soccer instead of mass executions. I guess that isn't your defination of  'freedom" is it, because it's too much like "amerikka".  You should study history from other places than liberals.net :smile:

Pz

Johnny R

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion