Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Coir, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDoubleG909
 User Gallery

How long until I put these into fruiting?
    #14715094 - 07/04/11 12:48 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I made these following Damions 5050 tek except I used 2 - 11.5q rubbermaid trays. This is my first bulk grow so I'm not familiar with how the sub should look when ready to be fruited. It's damions coir tek with no casing layer.

--------------------
“Nature is not our enemy, to be raped and conquered. Nature is ourselves, to be cherished and explored.” ― Terence McKenna

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineOregonChronic
Iron, Lion, Cyans
 User Gallery

Loc: Scoping Woodchips
Re: How long until I put these into fruiting? [Re: DoubleG909]
    #14715131 - 07/04/11 01:01 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Looks about ready. I'd give it a couple days to consolidate real good and let barely start pinning then fruit for best results. :stoned::thumbup:

You gonna fruit in a GH or SGFC? I'd like to see how this goes.

--------------------
:mushroomgrow:Wavy Cap Cyan Spore Prints for Trade/Sale :mushroomgrow:

InvisibleTranscendingLife
I Don't Need a Life to Live
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How long until I put these into fruiting? [Re: OregonChronic]
    #14715161 - 07/04/11 01:09 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

:whathesaid:

looks great!

--------------------
AMU: We Quickly Answer Questions Here
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs
"You are as dead now as you will ever be" - Seth

Offlineozzysmygod
Late Night PC'ing Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: How long until I put these into fruiting? [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #14715290 - 07/04/11 01:41 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Fruit that bad boy!

InvisibleDoubleG909
 User Gallery

Re: How long until I put these into fruiting? [Re: ozzysmygod]
    #14715329 - 07/04/11 01:49 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Buying an ART-DNe cycle timer for a US humidifier I have hooked up to a new fruiting chamber I built. I guess I need to have them send it priority to get it here quicker. I'm thinking about trying out a 15 second on 15 minute off cycle. Does that sound about right to anyone?

--------------------
“Nature is not our enemy, to be raped and conquered. Nature is ourselves, to be cherished and explored.” ― Terence McKenna

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #14715357 - 07/04/11 01:55 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

When I had my GHs hooked up I did 6-8 minutes on 60 off.

You just have to toy w/ it & figure it out, as all our houses & locations are different.

--------------------
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs

InvisibleDoubleG909
 User Gallery

Re: How long until I put these into fruiting? [Re: OregonChronic]
    #14715596 - 07/04/11 02:43 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

sorry I missed your question about what kind of chamber I plan to use. I'm sorta playing around with my own variation of a monotub. I'm calling it my megatub. Same basic premise of the monotub (no perlite/ large holes with ployfil, etc.) except this is being done in a big 36 gal. hooker coffin, in which I have 2 11.5q rubbermaid trays/tubs that fit perfectly side by side inside it. I increased the number of polyfil holes to 4 evenly spaced 1.5" diameter holes along each long side right at the height of the lip of the substrate trays inside, and 2 1.5" diameter holes higher up on each small side of the big chamber. I also put 1 single hole up high in the center of each long side for good merit. I used a blade to cut the inner section of the lid (leaving only the rim) and had a piece of plexi cut to size at the store which I used some blue rtv sealant to attach it with. I also rigged it up to be fed by a ultrasonic humidifier. This is what it looks like:

If all works well with it I may write up a more detailed tek.

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #14715657 - 07/04/11 02:55 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I've seen a similar set up. I can't remember who, exactly, ATM.

They ran 4 tubs to 1 humidifier.

--------------------

OfflineYouKnowEdDavis
Lurker Aficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: i ain't tellin you NUFFIN...
Re: How long until I put these into fruiting? [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #14715749 - 07/04/11 03:16 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

you just made me google "ART-DNe cycle timer".
thank you so much.

--------------------

InvisibleDoubleG909
 User Gallery

Re: How long until I put these into fruiting? [Re: YouKnowEdDavis]
    #14716100 - 07/04/11 04:34 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I wish I could have directed you towards a device that does the same thing and is much cheaper, but I have looked and looked and I can't find anything. There are several timers out there that are in the $20 range but they only handle up to 8 cycles a day. Well thats good but not good for a US humidifier which can easily drown the substrate. I'm looking exchange the gas in that chamber at least 3 times an hour using brief but often on times.

--------------------

InvisiblePinsWellWithOthers
Thread Derailer

Folding@home Statistics
    #14716265 - 07/04/11 05:20 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Fruit it now.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Coir, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation