Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDiarYofaMadmaN
BeaverAndButtcoat
puttin poo in jars?
    #1471283 - 04/18/03 06:43 PM (21 years, 3 days ago)

Can I put poo in my 1/2 pint jars and sterilize the jars in a 15 psi PC?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Loc: East Side
Re: puttin poo in jars? [Re: DiarYofaMadmaN]
    #1471294 - 04/18/03 06:46 PM (21 years, 3 days ago)

Yea you could, but it would be dumb, just colonize the jars and spawn. Whatever you think of has pretty much been tested and if it was significant you would see it in one of the teks on the shroomery

--------------------
"I WONT STOP TILL I HAVE A LIFE TIME SUPPLY" "dont be offended by anything i say, its in a joking manner"

OfflineDiarYofaMadmaN
BeaverAndButtcoat
Re: puttin poo in jars? [Re: PooGrower]
    #1471306 - 04/18/03 06:50 PM (21 years, 3 days ago)

I need an easy poo/casing tek that is good for a newbie... I don't like to go crazy the first time I do something thats why I started out with cakes... but I only did one grow, maybe I should just do a couple more pf teks so I get the hang of it? but the only thing I don't like about cakes is I can't find brown rice flower any where in stores by me and they aren't really good yielders plus I have to grow a lot to get about 3 grams worth of shrooms...

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

#1471315 - 04/18/03 06:55 PM (21 years, 3 days ago)

Out of expierence if your going for a few big potent shrooms. Then i suggest trying poo. But if you want a shit load of normal shrooms do a 50/50 casing where you cut your cakes in half. you also put a 1/4th inch of wet verm underneate the half cakes all lined up on it. Then take 50 percent peat moss 50 percent verm sterilize it wet it squeeze some out and layer it on top covering all the mycelium. about 1/4th inch deep. then put aluminum foil on it and if you want it to go fast put it in the incubator for a few days till you see mycelium cmoing threw after about 4 days then slam some light on it and you could get 5 ounces outta 10 cakes once there done flushing. THATS WHAT I READ IN THIS TEK

--------------------
"I WONT STOP TILL I HAVE A LIFE TIME SUPPLY" "dont be offended by anything i say, its in a joking manner"

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

#1471317 - 04/18/03 06:56 PM (21 years, 3 days ago)

and crumble some cakes inside the cracks

--------------------

OfflineDiarYofaMadmaN
BeaverAndButtcoat
    #1471324 - 04/18/03 06:59 PM (21 years, 3 days ago)

cool, I was just reading the 50/50 tek about 10 mins ago... I'm not really looking to grow a lot of shrooms. All I just want some nice big and potent ones :-)

Edited by DiarYofaMadmaN (04/18/03 06:59 PM)

OfflineMike Elium
.the Mycelium

Loc: on the edge
    #1471435 - 04/18/03 07:50 PM (21 years, 3 days ago)

You may find this interesting.

This Tek is from Mycotopia (I couldn't provide a link to the exact location on the Page, but this link will at least get you to the page....then this Tek is halfway down the page, called "101".) It's basically a Poo-in-a-Jar Tek

Mycotopia

Substrate recipe:
5 cups of vermiculite
3 cups manure
10 tablespoons of brown rice flour
2 cups of water
This will make 10-12 half pint jars of substrate.
Since there is manure already in the substrate you will not have to worry about colonizing manure later. This greatly reduces the risk of failure(contamination) and also reduces cultivation time. Boil/preassure cook jars of substrate as usual, and innoculate in the usual manner. When jars are fully colonized, slice/crumble the substrate over a moist layer of vermiculite. Casing is NOT required, but I like to case with composted manure. Case them very thinly(1/8-1/4 inch), just enugh to fill in the cracks and crannies and just so you can't see substrate. Basically just enough to make a nice even layer, instead of a lumpy one. 50/50 casing mix also will work fine. Again casing is NOT required but it won't hurt, just case them thin(no more than a 1/2 inch, less is faster).

--------------------
your inside is out, and your outside is in.

Edited by Mike Elium (04/18/03 07:53 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix