Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGringoLoco
I spit in theface of peoplewho ain't cool.
 User Gallery

Loc: Monterey, CA
The fall of the USA
    #1470565 - 04/18/03 03:40 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Since at this point in time we are resembling an empire more than an actual democracy, what would it take for the United States to go the path of Rome, Spain, England, and all other great empires of the world? I'm not saying that it could happen any time soon, but history has shown time and time again that this is the fate of all great nations.

So..... how could it happen?

Situation 1 - George Bush VII is elected president and wants to blow up the rest of the world and rebuild it all in the image of the glorious USA. The backlash is so severe that most of the civilized world declares war on the US. We get our asses kicked and go to a post WWI germany kind of state. (Hate me all you want for the Bush jab, but the situation is there). Likelihood? I don't think this could really realistically happen. The people would never allow a leader to do this, but if for any reason we have war declared on us, but still.... if we somehow get more than one great nation against us....

Situation 2 - Civil War. Many countries, in one way or another, have had a major civil war and a permanent cultural change as a result. 3 examples come to mind
1)Colonists from England secede and form the United States. Their former country tries to take it back. Not technically a war within the borders of just one nation, but very close.
2)The south secedes. A result of nearly EVERYONE dissatisfied with the government.
3)Moscow in 1917
We are showing the first signs of civil unrest. However, in all fairness, the same thing was said during the 60's, in a much more aggressive and violent fashion (civil rights riots, slaughters at college campuses). However, don't rule out what could happen in a hundred years. Remember, the next generation is paying billions every time they get a paycheck for something that in all likelihood will be gone by the time they're eligible for it (Social Security, in case you didn't realize).
3) Aliens invade Earth and sterilize the planet with a cobalt bomb. Yeah, sounds like a gag, but it would kill our nation, would it not?

Input, people?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: The fall of the USA [Re: GringoLoco]
    #1470588 - 04/18/03 03:54 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i think that there could be another civil war in america.

i don't think any of those other scenarios will come to pass.

OfflineGringoLoco
I spit in theface of peoplewho ain't cool.
 User Gallery

Loc: Monterey, CA
Re: The fall of the USA [Re: ]
    #1470611 - 04/18/03 04:04 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I strongly think it's a possibility, but not in the way that there will be California trying to take over Arizona and Western and Eastern forces trying to battle over Chicago. It would be alot more politically motivated, either by propaganda or lobbying. I believe we are truly above the point of using guns to solve our problems. If force was used, it would be more of a staged coup like Moscow.

The United States could also just never fall. England and all the other great European nations didn't disappear, they just sort of became overshadowed when bigger and more culturally rich countries were formed. We might just go into a decline.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion