Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Beef Jerky

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Drying TEK
    #1470469 - 04/18/03 03:01 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Greets,
Just thought I'd share a few words on how I dry mine out, and see if anyone can spot any places for improvement.  I have a rubbermaid container (I bet that drug users / growers keep rubbermaid and ziplock in business,heh) that I use as a dry chamber.  The bottom has some paper towels in it, then a large metal wire rack about 6 inches high.  On top of this rack I place an oven sheet that is porous.  I place the shrooms on this and have a window fan on top of the rubbermaid container.  Place in a dark closet, turn the fan on, and plug a dehumidifier in and put it on a shelf just above the rubbermaid container.  After about 12 hours I use a sterile #7 scalpel blade to make a tiny lateral incision down the stem, just so the inside of the shroom can dry out.  Takes around 24 hours for "Cracker dryness"  Hope this helps :smile:

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Drying TEK [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1470571 - 04/18/03 03:43 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

IMHO You are possibly damaging the "vitamin" potential of your mushies by cutting them open and all .
Air dry on a rack for 24 hours , with fan blowing if you like .
Put into a container with damp rid for 24-48 hours , and walla crispy critters ready for long term storage . 
PS I only use rubbermaids for dirty clothes and such !  :grin: :smirk:

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Edited by tripndicular (04/18/03 03:45 PM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Drying TEK [Re: tripndicular]
    #1472668 - 04/19/03 07:51 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I have 'air' dried many mushrooms with only a few out of hundreds going south...didnt use a fan or anything....the fan is easier, faster and more effective but leave out the rubbermaid.....the key is airflow....if the container holds moisture it's more prone to allow them to mold or rot....it's not as effective....and like the little glowing shroom said...get dome damprid....or "do not eat" packets like you find in beef jerkey or shoes.....lots of them....

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Beef Jerky

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation