Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Cordyceps, Milk Thistle Extract

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblerackem
Male User Gallery

hypertension
    #14704332 - 07/02/11 12:11 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

what do you guys know about it?

i know all the obvious stuff... like salt bad, and its high blood pressure.

any other cures beside the fucking big pharma pills?

ive taken 3 different types and i got the gnarliest side effects from all that shit, so i quite taking all that bullshit.

now i am at a loss and turning to see what the 'ery has to say on the subject

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefungivore
Son of Nun
Male User Gallery

Re: hypertension [Re: rackem]
    #14704378 - 07/02/11 12:20 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

eliminate stress

--------------------
"His job is to shed light
And not to master."

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: hypertension [Re: fungivore]
    #14704425 - 07/02/11 12:30 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Exercise is pretty good at helping to regulate that if you don't do it much.

--------------------

Invisiblerackem
Male User Gallery

Re: hypertension [Re: Eminence]
    #14704496 - 07/02/11 12:49 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for the input!

im gonna restart the p90x program and see what happens after that.

if anybody has anything more to add it would be greatly appreciated

--------------------

Offlineatom_boy
Stranger
Male

Loc: Melbourne
Re: hypertension [Re: rackem]
    #14708601 - 07/02/11 11:19 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

if your currently a smoker quitting will help.

you already know it but reduce your salt intake. most of the salt in western diets comes from processed foods - try and choose products with <120mg sodium/100g and try not to go over 500mg/100g although this will be hard for some products such as bread and cheese. if you add salt to your food reducing the amount you use slowly allows your taste buds to adjust so your food doesn't suddenly taste bland.

if your overweight getting back to a healthy weight range will help.

if your a drinker reduce your alcohol intake to a max of 2 standard drinks a day.

excercise will help but lifting heavy weights should be avoided until your blood pressure settles down.

if you haven't had your cholesterol checked definitely do so. high LDL levels can lead to build up in blood vessels which raises blood pressure. saturated fats raise LDL levels, trans fats even more so. a diet high in omega 3 long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids particularly EPA and DHA is associated with better heart health due to their use in the production of eicosanoids - signalling molecules involved in the bodies inflamatory response. eicosanoids produced from omega 6 fats have pro inflamatory action (constriction of blood vessels increases blood pressure) while some omega 3 eicosanoids have anti inflammatory action (dilation of blood vessels reduces blood pressure).

--------------------
If you drink much from a bottle marked 'poison' it is almost certain to disagree with you sooner or later

Invisiblemaug
 User Gallery

Loc: inside you
Re: hypertension [Re: atom_boy]
    #14709305 - 07/03/11 02:56 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

You may want to look into ginkgo biloba. milk thistle and ashwagandha are two others I take on a somewhat regular basis. I'm sure there's lots of mushrooms you could look into, like cordyceps, or even cubes at a sub-threshold.

yoga, swiming, and walking are some of the best exercises. There's been a lot of studies that show that removing your fat stores or loosing weight doesn't actually help your over all health (like liposuction). At the same time, as little as 20 minutes of walking 3 days a week appears to help just about every part of your body and reduces the risk of stroke, heart attack, reduce blood pressure, gives you more energy, etc. As far as calorie-restriction diets they have an overall 5% success rate, and a yo-yo affect.

--------------------
I think nighttime is dark so you can imagine your fears with less distraction. -Calvin and Hobbes

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Cordyceps, Milk Thistle Extract

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being