Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Nutrient Requirements
    #1470425 - 04/18/03 02:51 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I was wondering exactly what nutrients growing mycelia in jars requires. I've read that adding dextrose or other sugar analogues to the jars can increase growth, but I've also heard that at the temp's used for proper sterilzation, the sugars carmalize and degrade. Same with proteins. What exact family of nutrients do the mycelia consume as they grow? Maybe if I can get some help with this we can all tinker around and find the perfect additive.

As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: Nutrient Requirements [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1470598 - 04/18/03 03:58 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

this might be considered something worthy of the advanced cultivation forum...

Loc: dung street
Re: Nutrient Requirements [Re: ]
    #1470714 - 04/18/03 04:52 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

quoted from 6T (mycota);
Psilocybe Cubensis excrete a complex array of genetically predetermined enzymes for digestion. The enzymes are present in multiple forms, based on a single inherent genetic sequence, and include a range of isoenzymes, which arise from different inherent genetic sequences.

Simply stated, Psilocybe Cubensis excrete enzymes into the organic material in which their underground mycelia system naturally grow. Those enzymes degrade nutrients there, into simple soluble forms of sugars and amino acids, which are then easily absorbed into the mycelia network. Resulting in them acquiring all essential elements with which to grow fruit bodies, and spores by which they propagate their species.

It is common knowledge that most strains of Psilocybe Cubensis flourish in select warm moist habitats worldwide, associated where horses, cattle and water buffalo naturally spread bovine type manure. Consequently, Psilocybe Cubensis developed inherent genetic traits, enabling then to excrete specific enzymes best suited to enable them to specifically dissolve, digest and take up nutrients available from bovine type manure, and/or soil enriched with it.
Therefore, Psilocybe Cubensis own inherent genetic traits attest that bovine type manure alone, or soils highly enriched with it, is best suited to their nutrient needs, in the wild.

Taking that fact, one step further. Aged leached dry bovine type manure, when aerobically composted together with a small percent of other select fruits, vegetables, grains and straw provides an even more enriched super nutrient source for cultivation of Psilocybe Cubensis . Moreover, a compost of this type provides an ideal moist subsurface habitat (substrate) that, Psilocybe Cubensis mycelia will colonize faster than any other.

Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith. -proverbs 15:17

crotch rocketsrule!

Re: Nutrient Requirements [Re: mossie]
    #1470765 - 04/18/03 05:06 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

well if you are making a brf cake, and you want to add nutrients to it, just a few days ago another person tried boiling some rice on low for 20 min and strained the water and used it in the substrate with amazingly fast colonizing results (approix half the time). no word on additional yields but if your looking for additives, anything high in nutrients (like rice water, or dung water i would think too) would help extremely. Well water also works much faster than distilled, and i would think if you took water out of a spring, or from water leaking from your compost, you would get good results also.
Jake H

The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Nutrient Requirements [Re: jakeholman]
    #1472669 - 04/19/03 07:57 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

use pooo tea to soak the substrate, mix a little dextrose or another corn sugar solid like sucrose....experiment....thats the reason we hold these classes every day...to give you a chance to screw up so we wont have to    :grin:

seriuosle....try a few different theings on 'waste' jars and monitor the progress

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation