Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAmnesiac
Re-memberingcosmic wisdom

Loc: Unknown
"Things" in the sky
    #1469220 - 04/18/03 01:34 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Ever since a couple of years ago I have noticed some strange things, mostly when I look into the sky, but sometimes also indoors when the light is just right.
It's difficult to describe them, but there are many of them which fill my entire field of view. I would guess there to be a few thousand of them in my entire viewing range when the light is best for seeing them.

They are small, transparent, and appar to be spherical or near-spherical in shape. They are moving very quickly in directions which seem to be almost random. They don't move in straight lines... they are constantly swirling and curving about. The way these strange spheres of light seem to move amongst each other somewhat resembles the pattern of a swarm of flies. They look nothing like flies though... they are clear...

To view them, I use my peripheral vision. I keep my eyes focused on one particular place in the sky, or sometimes on an object like a tree, and see these objects after a couple seconds of adjusting the focus of my eyes. They are between all objects... literally everywhere. I am not one to jump to conclusions, even after two years of seeing these objects, so I am not certain as to what they might be.

An important note is that these things are NOT the stuff floating around on the lens of the eyes.

If anyone has seen objects like this, I'd love to hear about what you think they might be, they've been puzzling me for a while...

--------------------
Here we are, in these bodies, on this planet in an endless universe. This is not the extent of who we are... merely an extension of who we really are.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewyldtouch69
You heard ofhell well i wassent from it

Re: "Things" in the sky [Re: Amnesiac]
    #1469258 - 04/18/03 01:53 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

An important note is that these things are NOT the stuff floating around on the lens of the eyes.

uhmmm.. yes they are :smirk:

everyone has them, in fact I can see mine right now too. I especially see them if my eyes go from dark to sudden bright or vise versa.

actually, technically, I think it's light-or lack of-still stored in your rods and cones of your eyes, plus your pupils adjusting. but i remember noticing them at a young age then in high school I watched something about them in a science class. it's been a while, but it's one of these two things, or a combination of both. either way you're not seeing something special.

sorry to burst your bubble.

--------------------

OfflineAmnesiac

#1469303 - 04/18/03 02:15 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I know the difference.

After two years of seeing this, I would have burst my OWN bubble, don't you think?

I apologize for my lack of adequate description though. It's expected that some of you will think that what I'm seeing are just "floaters" or spots on the eyes themselves.

Believe me, if you were to see the objects I'm talking about, you would not dismiss the it quite so easily.

I am not saying that I am special, or gifted, and can see magical things in the sky that most people can't. I'm sure that what I'm seeing is perfectly natural, only many people may not yet be aware of it. To those of you who are, I await hearing from you, but for now, I'm off to bed!

Goodnight :wink: 

--------------------
Here we are, in these bodies, on this planet in an endless universe. This is not the extent of who we are... merely an extension of who we really are.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: [Re: Amnesiac]
    #1469326 - 04/18/03 02:31 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

residual hallucinations, everyone has them

OfflineFatNug
Si-Hing

Loc: Everywhere at 1nce
Re: [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1469413 - 04/18/03 03:22 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Are they colors, or blotches. light, dark, what? I see things too. not so much outdoors, but in houses. Like a light ziping across the room or a dark blotch in the corner , and you look away and look back it is gone....sometimes. Last night I saw a light like someone in my room was playing around with a laser pointer. I saw a very small red point of light out of the corner of my eye. and when i looked at it dead on it was there for a second then gone. it is uaually at night, but does happen quite often during the day.

About 2 weeks ago, i was at a friends, and we were rolling a blunt, and i saw this large black blotch in the corner of my friends living room. It stayed for a few seconds when i looked at it directly, then just vanished. This was in a well light house in mid day. All i know is that there is much much more around us than what our regular vision regularly permits us to see, i'm not sure what all is there, I don't know what it is, but i have some ideas.

--------------------
================================================So what's your peace of mind huh? A swiss watch? leasin' a Lex on credit? all the pussy and liquor a nigga can get..put together this puzzle, but my pieces won't fit.. {Ras kass}

Offlinemetrix
EL Pyro

Loc: keyboard
Re: [Re: FatNug]
    #1469455 - 04/18/03 04:08 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

maybe you're seeing electrons whizzing around atoms.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #1469681 - 04/18/03 08:09 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i know exactly what you mean! holy fuck, lol. i noticed them for the first time after doing acid, and then a year or so later, they came back. whenever i look at the clear blue sky. i was convinced they were fairies or particles or something.

i'm so happy to hear a better description than mine: a bunch of small marbley bubbles floating around, that are clear, but somehow colorful (i think you mentioned yers were completely clear).

i don't think it has to do with stuff floating around in yer lens, cuz it only happens when i look in some places, and not others. very VERY odd. i do see the stuff floating around my eyes too. they look like organisms under a microscope from biology class, and they float in the direction my eyes go.

sometimes, it makes em wish i never took acid, cuz i feel like my eyes are "broken." but other times, i think, "how cool! i can see trippy lil bubbles flyin around!"

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1469755 - 04/18/03 08:56 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I call them "dust motes".

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: [Re: Swami]
    #1469918 - 04/18/03 10:15 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

THey are floaters and yes they ARE in your eye or on your eye. I've noticed them since I was a young preteen many years ago. I think I heard they are little bubbles in your eye fuid, but I don't know for sure..

I do know you can't look at them, you have to use peripheral vision to view them as you said.

I've heard them called "floaters" which makes the most sense

If you want to see them vividly, smoke a joint then go to the beach on the East Coast of FL when it is really foggy out and you will see them very vividly.

It's pretty cool

That dark splotch youwere talking about Fatnug is a blind spot, everyone has one and it's easily discovered with some experiments you can find in psychology books or health textbooks.

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

OfflineFatNug
Si-Hing

Loc: Everywhere at 1nce
Re: [Re: NariusFractal]
    #1470075 - 04/18/03 10:55 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

no! this my friend is no blind spot trust me!!! it is a splotch, as if someone threw a gallon of black paint into the air and it remained suspended. It does not exist only in my peripheral, but for a brief time when looked at straight on. It sometimes moves, shifts position. I have 20/20 vision so im not going blind. And how bout the colors, or lights that zip by, while im sitting at home in my fav chair? Im not moving, my eyes aren't moving, but these lights sure are!!! sometimes clear, white, or lightly colored blue, red, so on. Like I said, sometimes im sure it is a blind spot or somethinmg of the sort, but many times, most times, Im positive it is not.

--------------------
================================================So what's your peace of mind huh? A swiss watch? leasin' a Lex on credit? all the pussy and liquor a nigga can get..put together this puzzle, but my pieces won't fit.. {Ras kass}

OfflineAmnesiac

Re: [Re: NariusFractal]
    #1470096 - 04/18/03 11:04 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

If only we could be exactly sure that we are all seeing the same thing, it's really hard to say for sure, but I will reserve a conclusion to this as I always have.
I can't accept that they are on the lens of my eye just yet, because I see all kinds of things which I KNOW are on the lens of my eye, dust particles, black spots and such. But what I'm talking about is completely different.

entiformatie, I think we are on the same page... you say small marbley bubbles floating around... I would say that they are "flying" around, because they move very fast, and to attempt focusing on one of them will make all of them disappear temporarily. They move too fast to follow and there are too many of them.

They are mostly clear... I guess you could say they are translucent... but they do seem to have some faint colour. White, maybe even slightly yellow... obviously they have to have some colour because if they were completely transparent then we likely wouldn't be able to see them at all.

Maybe they are some sort of photon particles... little pieces of the energy that flows between all living things. Because after all, of course, everything in this universe is just energy condensed to various vibrations.

Anyways I'd love to hear some more opinions, they're all valuable! Keep em coming!

--------------------

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #1470114 - 04/18/03 11:08 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

yea, i definitely think we are seeing the same thing. the way you described the movment is identical to the way my lil spheres move around too, heh. but i dont just see them in peripheral vision. i usually see them when staring into the blue sky, tho once, when doing lots of physical acti vity, i stopped, and i saw them, swimming all over my vision, and then just kinda dissipate. since then, it's been in the sky, heh.

man, this stuff is crazy, lol.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1470785 - 04/18/03 03:14 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Since no one has thrown this out yet I may as well, being the resident freak and all.

Fairies and other playful creatures exist in an overtone of the 4th density. Often when one has tuned into this frequency, they are able to perceive small little balls of like blueish light flying around. They have a consciousness. You say what you are seeing is not dust motes, I don't know. You could be seeing Prana.. the eternal flowing energy of all existance, who knows, not I.

--------------------

Edited by Shroomism (04/18/03 03:16 PM)

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #1470849 - 04/18/03 03:41 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

What you just described perfectly fits the description of floaters. Little peices of protein floating around in the liquid which fills your eyes. Everyone has them, but they definatly are not a sign of good health as they are caused by an abundance of free radicals in your body.. You should try taking a grape nut extract, and drinking lots of cranberry and grape juices.. They're very good anti-oxidants and should help reduce them.

Anonymous

#1471166 - 04/18/03 05:57 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

That's strange... I read a post a couple days ago on another message board about the exact same phenomenon.

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: [Re: FatNug]
    #1471186 - 04/18/03 06:03 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I see things too. not so much outdoors, but in houses. Like a light ziping across the room

After eating alot of dxm, i started seeing lights move too, especially in a dark room... I always wused to go upstairs, and see a light flash across the whole room, wondering wtf it was. Every single time, i thought it was this clock i had that spun, and was reflective...till i moved it out. It was the light. Now when i go outside and look at the night sky, it all flashes. Weird.

I know when i get light headed[i think], or every once in a while for random reasons, i will see little things that look l ike glitter, swarming like flys around me. They always make me think they are fairys or something. Its cool. They are usually pretty colorful but then again maybe not. Not really like a rainbow you would see in the sky, but more of that 'metalic' color that seems to ahve every color in it(this metalic insanity rainbow ninjalike color seems to have some higher meaning in life to me... ??? It just seems like everything is represented by something simple, instead of trying to seperate it, and anylize it, you accept it, and watch it in your pereferial vision, cause you know when you try to look at it, it will go away. ) RAWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR LIFE IS COMPLICATED

Offlinesuperfine
Driter

Loc: My Home Roams
Re: [Re: tak_old]
    #1472393 - 04/19/03 01:21 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I remember seeing a trip report on this a while ago, the guy described them in exellent detail. Which brings me to my question how the hell do you get to the trup reports anymore. or do they still have them on the shroomery?

--------------------
Go through the orange yesterday

I watched intently for a while to both sides, infront of me and behind me.
I was impressed to learn there was another way to look... UP!
More impressive still was the fact that there were beautiful stars in this direction
Most amazing fact of all was the prospect of another direction when I was done with up. DOWN! Which, based on the feel through my toes would be a fine sandy beach!

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: [Re: superfine]
    #1472553 - 04/19/03 03:14 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, they're Here here.

go to the home page, pull down 'mushroom info' - experiencing mushrooms - trip reports

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Offlinequemo
dontknowitall

Loc: worldcitizen
Re: [Re: Blastrid]
    #1472958 - 04/19/03 10:49 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

to swami: why always be so damn degrading of anyones not-so-normal/readily-explainable experience?? could it actually be something we humans DON'T  know...

to shroomism: why always be so damn paranormalising of anyones not-so-normal/readily-explainable experience?? could it actually be something we humans DO know....

I don't mean to offend any of you.  I have a huge respect for you both as in some way you reflect my inner ying and yang on a much higher sophisticated level. But IMO you sometimes should be careful not to cartoonise your own biggest qualitys by just being TOO much "like that" all the time....

regards, :smile:

Edited by quemo (04/19/03 12:39 PM)

Offlinesuperfine
Driter

Loc: My Home Roams
Re: [Re: Blastrid]
    #1473190 - 04/19/03 12:34 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

whoa thanks, i just saw trip reports as posts and they werent deleted, then this new format threw me off. Ill look for that report.

--------------------
Go through the orange yesterday

I watched intently for a while to both sides, infront of me and behind me.
I was impressed to learn there was another way to look... UP!
More impressive still was the fact that there were beautiful stars in this direction
Most amazing fact of all was the prospect of another direction when I was done with up. DOWN! Which, based on the feel through my toes would be a fine sandy beach!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies