Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekiki71195
Stranger
preparation LIDS
    #14696909 - 06/30/11 01:14 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

got my jars today, just finsished poking smalls holes in every top and put a nice fat dot of blue silicone for self healing injector port, but my question is  how big should the next hole be.. for air circulation and also can i just put cotton balls in for the filter? heard that works fine but wanted to check many thanks

--------------------
BTW, everything I say and post on here is hypothetical, and should not be believed in any way. I don't endorse illegal activities, I just keep this forum going with pictures, and words from various sources of my imagination! :-)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTranscendingLife
I Don't Need a Life to Live
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: preparation LIDS [Re: kiki71195]
    #14696982 - 06/30/11 01:27 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Use a hole between 3/8"-1/2" for GE.

I have a lid tek in my signature.

Don't use cotton balls. Use polyfil, tyvek or Synthetic Filter Disks (SFDs). You don't want organic materials (other than your grains & mushis) in your jars as they harbor contams.

--------------------
AMU: We Quickly Answer Questions Here
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs
"You are as dead now as you will ever be" - Seth

OfflineBaSSidio Head
Pebble Wrestler
Male

Loc: Highcountry, NC
    #14697004 - 06/30/11 01:32 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I'll use micropore tape and tyvek over polyfil

--------------------

What's from the earth is of the greatest worth.:potleaf: :mushdance:
So before u knock it, try it first and you'll see it's a blessing and it's not a curse.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: preparation LIDS [Re: BaSSidio Head]
    #14697050 - 06/30/11 01:40 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I only use SFDs or Whatmans.

--------------------
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs

Offlinekiki71195
Stranger
Re: preparation LIDS [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #14697170 - 06/30/11 02:05 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

well i just got a idea if i cant get  poly fill or tyvek.. i do have bandaids.. no contams could live on there and that will allow gas exchagne..lemme no if what im thinkin could work lol

--------------------
BTW, everything I say and post on here is hypothetical, and should not be believed in any way. I don't endorse illegal activities, I just keep this forum going with pictures, and words from various sources of my imagination! :-)

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #14697195 - 06/30/11 02:10 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

polylfil & tyvek are everywhere. Literally.

--------------------

Offlinekiki71195
Stranger
    #14697276 - 06/30/11 02:28 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

yeah.. ur right LOL.. i just thought to myself nd i ahve this ripped blanket that has pollyfill in it lol.. looks like i found some

--------------------

Offlinekiki71195
Stranger
    #14697373 - 06/30/11 02:53 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

hvae u guys used anything else to make the wholes other then a drill i dont have one at the moment

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #14697410 - 06/30/11 03:01 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

nails work.

--------------------

Offlinetripdawg420
low life with no life
Male

Loc: illinois
    #14697663 - 06/30/11 03:53 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

paper hole puncher perfect 1/4 inch holes

--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully
epic GT mono tub
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17277772

wbs tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11525679
coir tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11917410
results :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies