Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: LA Schools to Limit Homework [Re: gzuf]
    #14700371 - 07/01/11 04:06 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSprewellSleeve
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: LA Schools to Limit Homework [Re: gzuf]
    #14700400 - 07/01/11 04:34 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

My dad was born in the 30s, took him only fifteen minutes to finish his homework, dropped out of school out of freshman year, always had a job after school until he retired, and is good at math. Fifteen minutes of homework would encourage students to do it. The whole discipline thing is full of shit.

The school system sucks. First of all, anybody who supports the drugs being legalized shouldn't be against less homework. We're forced to go to school for a ridiculous amount of years. Wasting being kids and teens there. I HATED most of my time in school.

Seriously, high school was seven classes, forty or so minutes a class, five days a week.....seriously?

You know how "delicious foods are unhealthy", well....that's not true, even though it seems that way. With school though, hands-on learning would be GREATLY helpful in teaching things. Having fun doesn't mean you can't learn a lot. If I read a science book, I'm not gonna know what the fuck that stuff means. At best I'll remember definitions of things, and this is supposed to be help me how?

College is good because you have the choice not to cram everything together, and you're treated like a person.

LOL At in-school suspension in high school. I had fun sometimes with those.

Schools don't teach discipline. I was in a private school and the assholes didn't act any different then they would in a public school.

School should be less than five days, probably three. The amount of work given a lot of days...you might as well just stay in the fucking school and sleep over.

Tests are a load of crap. You memorize them, and if you get a hundred, you forget the stuff the next day.

Instead of making students read entire chapters, why not give the students EXACTLY what to study, the questions that are going to be on there? Wait, the students might actually get the answers RIGHT. Those questions are the most important parts right? Isn't it better to only study them and give them a greater chance of passing AND LEARNING?

Fuck school. They choose what THEY think is most important. If somebody wants to be a professional athlete, then put him in a business class SPECIFICALLY TEACHING THE BUSINESS OF IT. No horse shit of teaching the diameter of a pentagon or xy times FU.

:mad2:

--------------------

Edited by SprewellSleeve (07/01/11 04:48 AM)

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: LA Schools to Limit Homework [Re: SprewellSleeve]
    #14700409 - 07/01/11 04:43 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SprewellSleeve said:
Instead of making students read entire chapters, why not give the students EXACTLY what to study, the questions that are going to be on there? Wait, the students might actually get the answers RIGHT. Those questions are the most important parts right? Isn't it better to only study them and giving them a greater chance of passing AND LEARNING?

Good point. :thumbup:

Schools basically just test kids' memory retention..memory retention does not = intelligence IMO.

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

OfflineSprewellSleeve
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: LA Schools to Limit Homework [Re: Poid]
    #14700414 - 07/01/11 04:53 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Also...

The best teacher I ever had was for summer school for my junior year for English. He was 21 or something, and he taught stuff like no one else ever had for me.

When we read a story, we'd read a paragraph or whatever, he stopped us, then explained it, for whatever the reason was. Whether it was words not commonly used by us, types of English, whatever, he explained it.

Man, if other teachers taught/the system was this way, I would have never even been in summer school for English.

--------------------

Edited by SprewellSleeve (07/01/11 04:54 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate