Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisiblePenelope_Tree
Shamanic Panic
 User Gallery

Loc: magic sugarcastle
being upset over material posessions
    #14692505 - 06/29/11 06:00 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

i feel stupid, but i'm caught up in it, ya'll, and haven't been able to get over my guilt for the past year..

i lost a ring that my grandmother gave me - it was the most beautiful ring i've ever owned. it was silver, with a small piece of amber set in the middle. she's still alive, so it's not like i can't tell her what happened, but i almost feel like gollum from lord of the rings because my mother wanted the ring and said it wasn't fair that i acquired it instead of her since she should be next in line to inherit familial gifts.. was it greedy of me to not give it to my mother instead?

idk the last place i had it, but i'm pretty sure i lost the ring in the river. the last picture of myself wearing it, i even look like gollum - all hunched over and grinning with intoxication. that ring meant so much to me, sometimes think i can still feel its weight on my finger. amber represents courage, and i have social anxiety problems. i feel so sad and stupid. i wish i would find it. i wish that i hadn't worn it everywhere that i went, but it was my favorite piece of jewelry... i would get so many compliments on it. pride goeth before the fall.

i haven't told any of my family that i lost the ring yet. i was secretly hoping that it would turn up, but i've moved apartments, asked people who's homes i had stayed at when i think i lost it, searched my home for it, and it still hasn't turned up. i'm sure it's gone. i feel stupid for being so upset over this. i just hope that once i tell my grandmother i lost it i can finally let this go. idk if i could ever tell my mom, she'd never let me live it down :bored:

--------------------
full blown human

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: being upset over material posessions [Re: Penelope_Tree]
    #14692768 - 06/29/11 06:53 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

IMO your grandma wanted you to have it.  Your Mom was being a selfish prick to demand it.  Next, your grandma gave it to you and so it was yours.  If she had stated "but always keep it in a safe place and only wear it on special occasions" that would be different.  So you liked it and wore it. What else are you supposed to do with a ring?  Finally you didn't lose it on purpose so you are innocent.

Get over this and move on. Tell granny or whatever helps and tell mom to go fuck herself.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology