Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleIndynife
organic chemist
Male

Loc: Oregon
Re: Psilocybin trips and your set. Pacific Northwest and why I love it here [Re: GaneshNoIgnorance]
    #14694737 - 06/29/11 11:36 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I am starting grad school in Oregon this fall and I can not waaaaait :laugh:. I love it there so so much.

--------------------
"I know the void, the void knows me. It keeps us weak; the void told me."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: Psilocybin trips and your set. Pacific Northwest and why I love it here [Re: ComaDivine]
    #14695042 - 06/30/11 01:07 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ComaDivine said:
NIce. I hope I get accepted to med school in Oregon , too bad I have no shot at Washington (they favor their own residents and I'm from Cali)

:cookiemonster:

Be Glad! Washington is a shithole, the women here are awful, and so are the rest of the people. I was born in Seattle and live in the state still. One of my old friends is moving to Cali in a few days, i'm really jealous. He is also from here but can't stand as he puts it these "Wash Women" (which are men). Oregon is way better than Washington, people there actually posses social skills, are friendly, have personalities, and aren't 100% bullshit.

Washington State is very clickish, 98% of the people here are tools, and if you're not from here they wont even talk to you. Just like the OP bashing people from California, well I wish they'd all move here, and locals like him would relocate. Most of my friends are from Cali or other places. I do have a fair share of friends I grew up with from here too, but most of them had the good sense to move. To be honest most people from Cali think i'm from there, because nobody else here will f'n talk to them. The majority of my family lives either in California or Montana, both places are better!

Again I was born here so I can bash away. Eastern Washington is one ugly  hell hole imo. Not to mention Hanford is the most contaminated nuclear site in the nation. They hide the staggering cancer statistics and are undergoing a 150 year cleanup. I moved friends over there and they can't wait to leave. My mother moved over there, then left state, shortly after. Just an awful place to live.

Expensive place, filled with awful, extremely anti social people, avoid it at all costs.

Google Seattle Freeze and read the Urban Dictionary description. Or google Seattle sucks, and check the message boards. They are both accurate, despite what some locals try and claim.

F it i'll drop some links
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Seattle%20Freeze

"Seattle Freeze

A phrase that describes a local public consensus that states the city of Seattle and/ or its outlying suburbs are generally not friendly, asexual, introverted, socially aloof, clickish or strictly divided through its social classes, thus making the city/ area difficult to make social connections on all levels."

http://seattle.shmeng.com/

Edited by psilocybinjunkie (06/30/11 01:36 AM)

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

Re: Psilocybin trips and your set. Pacific Northwest and why I love it here [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #14695341 - 06/30/11 02:22 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

psilocybinjunkie said:
Again I was born here so I can bash away. Eastern Washington is one ugly hell hole imo. Not to mention Hanford is the most contaminated nuclear site in the nation.

Sounds like you spent all your time in shitty parts of Eastern or are just making presumptions based on things you've heard. Not sure why large forests, mountain landscapes, rivers and lakes galore is an ugly hell hole.

Palouse falls is obviously ugly as fuck...amirite?

The area around it may just be miles of fields but that's not even the good parts of Eastern. Maybe sometime I'll let you in on all the real scenic spots to hit up. If I lived in Seattle I would of moved too...don't worry. :awesomenod:

Not sure why someone from Western Washington deems himself an expert on the rest of it... Just because you don't like your side of the state and you can't find a female friend doesn't mean it's the same for every city here. Personal I'd say avoid the Seattle area at all costs. Get into areas like Redmond and it's all rich prudes not to mention how god awful all the drivers are.

There's a reason I leave that side of the state out when talking about the PNW, It's the real shit hole that eats up all the tax payers money from Eastern Washington which really should be getting more.

It's not so much that I'm worried about defending my turf as I know there's nothing wrong with my area. Beautiful women, lots of lakes, barter fairs and more summer fun than you can shake a stick at.

But the fact you seem to think you've toured every inch of Washington possible urks me a little. Oregon has plenty of towns that I'd avoid at all costs too. Luckily I know where all the fun is in Oregon too.

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: Psilocybin trips and your set. Pacific Northwest and why I love it here [Re: VaeVictum]
    #14696438 - 06/30/11 11:02 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I spent time in the Tri Cities, awful Yakima, and a few other places. It's a desert, dirt brown, awfulness. There are some nice places i'm sure, we have ton here, Snoqualmie, North Bend is amazing, but they're all elitist. Again the people here are awful (locals), I haven't toured all of Washington. But i've been to over 100 cities easily, and have done the mountains, hiking, biking, camping, swimming, went boating, fishing (rivers, lakes, and ocean). Well you guys in eastern WA don't have the ocean... Got a bunch of desert and brown dirt hills though!!

Sure there are some beautiful places, and there are some beautiful women (a few are really cool, but it's so very few), generally their personalities are awful. So awful it's legendary across the nation. Like I said google it and read up on folks from other regions, and states, experience's here (with everyone). They are not fictionalized..  I'm fed up with all of the people here. Yes I have female friends, had far too many girlfriends from here (yes I preferred messing with the California girls). Shit right now i'm getting the evil eye, at some local spots for rejecting a few recently.

I wont get into the stalkers, that call you for countless months on end, after you're done with them, or pop up breathing down your neck. Or the ones that pop out babies, like it's going out of style. If you are willing to deal with their bi-polar, inconsistent, self absorbed, bad personalities, they are indeed here for you to mess with.. I suggest staying liquored up, because otherwise it's not ideal.

I am pretty well traveled for this state and it's far from great. Washington is the anti social mecca of America. Have you ever watched the outtakes from Jackass? I believe it comes after the film. You know where the host describes his experiences with the people, while shooting here in Washington?  You should give it a watch if you haven't seen it.

Honestly it is not all that pretty of a place, outside of some spots, and again the people here hate outsiders, and each other too. Like I said you show your true Washingtonian colors, with your negative comments to Californians, and people from other area's living here. That's what's wrong with this F'n place!!! I say bring on the transplants and imports by the millions, there needs to be a serious culture change here.

Oh and Yakima has to be one of the ugliest places i've ever seen in my entire life, absolutely horrendous :mad2:
I do know know a lady with family from there, I about fell over laughing when she suggested we should go there and party.. No way!!

InvisibleFleshCap
FleshCap
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali Underground Flag
Re: Psilocybin trips and your set. Pacific Northwest and why I love it here [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #14696502 - 06/30/11 11:22 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I love this post. It's great to hear about the love that someone has for their setting. Psychonauts understand the importance of a good setting and the Pacific Northwest is definitely an awesome place!

--------------------

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

#14696826 - 06/30/11 12:52 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

psilocybinjunkie said:
I spent time in the Tri Cities, awful Yakima, and a few other places.

Stopped reading here. Get up to Spokane and the surrounding areas and then have an opinion on real Eastern Washington.

Everything you've named off is Central Washington which IS nothing but desert. You really are lost when it comes to your own state friend...

Not sure if you know this but Spokane technically has a bigger population than Seattle...the issue is Seattle has so many neighboring cities right in its anus that it becomes "the bigger city". Honestly why do you think those places you listed which are clearly no where near Eastern Washington justify the rest of it being ugly?

At least up here you can take a hike up the mountains (which still have snow on them) and hunt for morels all day.

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Psilocybin trips and your set. Pacific Northwest and why I love it here [Re: VaeVictum]
    #14696912 - 06/30/11 01:14 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Hey... Everyone can have an opinion. Often someone who has only lived in one spot will see other areas as better. The grass is always greener they say.

I am not a kid nor worry about being out of a clique. I have lived all over the country, grew up in western Oregon, traveled a lot out of the US. No place is perfect. Every place will have pros and cons. I say, if you don't like it someplace, move!  Why I don't live in Texas!! There is very little difference between Oregon and Washington, other than Oregon has higher unemployment!  I do like the Oregon coast better, but I choose Seattle area to live, and enjoy being in the PNW.

Will tell you that you are miss informed about hanford, there is no increase in cancer there nor is it even the highest contaminated area of the country. But again, believe what you want...

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

Re: Psilocybin trips and your set. Pacific Northwest and why I love it here [Re: HarryL]
    #14696969 - 06/30/11 01:25 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Only issue that I had is he talks about eastern Washington being an ugly hell hole then lists off places in central Washington as his basis for thinking so... There's plenty of states that have a desert one place and lush forests in another seems to me like he's just bitter because of where he had to stay.

Either way not sure why he felt the need to come in here and down talk such beautiful land. The PNW rocks and no one, even desert boy will make me think any less of it. Must be that Seattle mindset we over here in Spokane don't care much for. Lower your nose some.

Invisibledrr
Female
    #14697030 - 06/30/11 01:36 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Psilocybin junkie sounds like a product of the very culture he speaks of. Cynical as all fuck. No wonder you guys get a bad reputation, if all you can do is dump on each other!

You think Washington is a shitty place to live? Hah. Try any of the inland desert meth-infested shit holes in southern California. Riverside. San Bernardino. Bakersfield. It would really teach you to appreciate some green scenery.

I love Oregon. I have never been to Washington but I'm sure I would love it too. I love Northern California as well. I'd stay close to the coast the whole way up though.

OfflineAzure Essence
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #14697046 - 06/30/11 01:39 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

This is funny because I grew up for 8 years in Colorado, and thought it was like my 'true home' until I went back after 6 years and shuddered. It's all hicks and pricks to me(as evidenced by the major bashing in the Colorado thread a few months ago after I made legitimate, harmless, completely valid comments about it). I think Psiljunkie is having the same reaction

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

Re: Psilocybin trips and your set. Pacific Northwest and why I love it here [Re: drr]
    #14697064 - 06/30/11 01:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

drr said:
Psilocybin junkie sounds like a product of the very culture he speaks of. Cynical as all fuck. No wonder you guys get a bad reputation, if all you can do is dump on each other!

You think Washington is a shitty place to live? Hah. Try any of the inland desert meth-infested shit holes in southern California. Riverside. San Bernardino. Bakersfield. It would really teach you to appreciate some green scenery.

I love Oregon. I have never been to Washington but I'm sure I would love it too. I love Northern California as well. I'd stay close to the coast the whole way up though.

My parents grew up in Santee, they said they would never move back there compared to where we are now. But I've always wanted to get to San Diego some time as that's where both my parents were born. Only place I've been to was Modesto on an epic booty call. It was a nice little town though.

Quote:

Azure Essence said:
This is funny because I grew up for 8 years in Colorado, and thought it was like my 'true home' until I went back after 6 years and shuddered. It's all hicks and pricks to me(as evidenced by the major bashing in the Colorado thread a few months ago after I made legitimate, harmless, completely valid comments about it). I think Psiljunkie is having the same reaction

Haha, I do that on occasion when I leave the city and go out to my parents house in the sticks. I don't blame people for doing things like that but it's just funny how much he generalizes Washington. Rednecks in Colorado are better than rednecks here, trust me. <3 Everyone has 3-5 cars that don't run in their front yard and an equal amount of washers and dryers. Go to the grocery store and meth heads are there to buy more Budweiser and Mt. Dew for their 7 year olds.

Invisibledrr
Female
    #14697093 - 06/30/11 01:48 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I've been to Santee. Its just like every other inland place down here. San Diego is neat downtown. Its kind of a cultural desert though. And an actual desert at the same time, LOL.
I've noticed....
San Diego is five years behind Los Angeles when it comes to music and most things cool.
There is this infestation of 'socal reggae' which is like listening to a bunch of badly re-written sublime songs. That and bad DJs.
The downtown area is cool but overall the scene just doesn't appeal to me. Lots of slick clubs the kind of people that go along with that. There are holes in the wall too of course.
I guess I can be cynical about where I come from too. But I didn't mention the beautiful beaches, women, plentiful drugs and awesome party scenes I have come across. And there are good and bad people EVERYWHERE, it doesn't matter where you go.

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

Re: Psilocybin trips and your set. Pacific Northwest and why I love it here [Re: drr]
    #14697114 - 06/30/11 01:54 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

drr said:
And there are good and bad people EVERYWHERE, it doesn't matter where you go.

:whathesaid:

I just wanted to go to the beaches in San Diego so I have an actual desire to swim. Like someone said earlier and it was lulzy. "Sometimes you can take your shirt off in Oregon if you don't mind stiff nipples". :lmafo:

You can't deny that there can be amazing sunsets too.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate