Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

Re: Lophophora koehresii x Lophophora fricii [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #14803324 - 07/21/11 01:28 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mostly_Harmless said:
Just a cheap fuji finepix through a cheap loupe :blush:

Well you got skillz, bruh. :bucktoothfattygangsta:

:brilliant:

This^^^

--------------------
]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefngbronco
Monkey Man
Male

#14803423 - 07/21/11 01:48 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

That looks awesome! Great pic!!!

--------------------
I challenge you to challenge yourself more! When you feel complacent and ready to hang it up, challenge yourself to get over it! If you fail, don't look at it as you didn't succeed, look at it as you would a rock face you're trying to climb. Stand back, wayyyy back, and look at it and plot another path. If you can't find one, shuffle down the way a little, a little change of scenery or a view from a different angle may give you the insight you need.

Anything I state is relayed information from a friend of a friend and should be viewed as completely fictitious. I do not partake in any illegal or grey-area-of-the-law activities, but do have lots of friends who may or may not.    -fngbronco

Pill Divider Agar Tek

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Lophophora koehresii x Lophophora fricii [Re: Dr.Trich]
    #14803524 - 07/21/11 02:08 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Dr.Trich said:
Where can I learn about breeding lophs? is it anything like breeding cannabis? its gotta take generations to breed for potency! I assume that its really just ornamental and for seed production?

not much is as easy as cannabis cause the results are so obvious.  selective breeding in most cacti are for physical appearance, mostly.  If you want to breed for mescaline production you would first need to find a way of quantifying your results, thats harder than any aspect of cultivation....but if you did it, expect 5 years between batches for any useful results.  the project would be massive and time consuming and very expensive for all the chem gear, so its not done....plus trichocereus is easier/faster to grow and likely to manipulate.

great to see a sprout bro.  remember to keep good records, nothing worse than having 2 pots and trying to remember which is which and end up just labeling them as "?"

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
Re: Lophophora koehresii x Lophophora fricii [Re: kadakuda]
    #14803849 - 07/21/11 03:22 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

kadakuda said:
Quote:

Dr.Trich said:
Where can I learn about breeding lophs? is it anything like breeding cannabis? its gotta take generations to breed for potency! I assume that its really just ornamental and for seed production?

not much is as easy as cannabis cause the results are so obvious.  selective breeding in most cacti are for physical appearance, mostly.  If you want to breed for mescaline production you would first need to find a way of quantifying your results, thats harder than any aspect of cultivation....but if you did it, expect 5 years between batches for any useful results.  the project would be massive and time consuming and very expensive for all the chem gear, so its not done....plus trichocereus is easier/faster to grow and likely to manipulate.

great to see a sprout bro.  remember to keep good records, nothing worse than having 2 pots and trying to remember which is which and end up just labeling them as "?"

breeding cacti? no thank you sir. i let the ants and the bees do theirs stuff.:angrykidface:

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

OfflineDr.Trich
Male User Gallery

Re: Lophophora koehresii x Lophophora fricii [Re: kadakuda]
    #14804404 - 07/21/11 05:23 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

kadakuda said:
Quote:

Dr.Trich said:

thanks! though I could have just looked up a couple of post and not had to ask lol. but I most definitely appreciate the elaboration!

I'm new to cacti!

--------------------
I'll make a sig later.

OfflineGGTBod
Bod
Male User Gallery

Loc: 55 degrees north England
Re: Lophophora koehresii x Lophophora fricii [Re: ferrel_human]
    #14806106 - 07/21/11 11:09 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ferrel_human said:
Quote:

kadakuda said:
Quote:

Dr.Trich said:

breeding cacti? no thank you sir. i let the ants and the bees do theirs stuff.:angrykidface:

I am all for live and let live but any insects come near my shit they get a warning to leave , if they dont leave they die. I am not having some bastard little pest piggyback its way into my klen on some fat ass bee who shouldnt be flying anyway all fat wi little wings breaking the laws of physics

:lophcrankey:

OfflineDr.Trich
Male User Gallery

Re: Lophophora koehresii x Lophophora fricii [Re: GGTBod]
    #14807092 - 07/22/11 05:52 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

GGTBod said:
Quote:

ferrel_human said:
Quote:

kadakuda said:
Quote:

Dr.Trich said:

I am all for live and let live but any insects come near my shit they get a warning to leave , if they dont leave they die. I am not having some bastard little pest piggyback its way into my klen on some fat ass bee who shouldnt be flying anyway all fat wi little wings breaking the laws of physics

:lophcrankey:

I seriously laughed on that one.
:grin:

--------------------
I'll make a sig later.

InvisibleMostly_HarmlessM
wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

Loc: Perfidious Albion Flag
Re: Lophophora koehresii x Lophophora fricii [Re: Dr.Trich]
    #14884568 - 08/07/11 08:34 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

None of the other seeds have germinated yet. Here is my lone seedling at 16 days old

--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 

|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||

You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Edited by Mostly_Harmless (12/16/11 02:44 AM)

wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

#15085743 - 09/16/11 02:11 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Still alive! And a 2nd in the 2nd pot germinated too.

--------------------

|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||

OfflineOboy
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sweden Flag
Re: Lophophora koehresii x Lophophora fricii [Re: GGTBod]
    #15085805 - 09/16/11 02:38 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

GGTBod said:I am all for live and let live but any insects come near my shit they get a warning to leave , if they dont leave they die. I am not having some bastard little pest piggyback its way into my klen on some fat ass bee who shouldnt be flying anyway all fat wi little wings breaking the laws of physics

:lolsy: This made me laugh! In my opinion that the bees are breaking the laws of physics is just a prof that we dont really understand the laws of physics...

And nice project Mostly! I cant wait to see how it turns out! Hope we all are still around in around 5 years. :bigjoint:

InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

Re: Lophophora koehresii x Lophophora fricii [Re: Oboy]
    #15086726 - 09/16/11 10:34 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Oboy said:
Quote:

GGTBod said:I am all for live and let live but any insects come near my shit they get a warning to leave , if they dont leave they die. I am not having some bastard little pest piggyback its way into my klen on some fat ass bee who shouldnt be flying anyway all fat wi little wings breaking the laws of physics

:lolsy: This made me laugh! In my opinion that the bees are breaking the laws of physics is just a prof that we dont really understand the laws of physics...

And nice project Mostly! I cant wait to see how it turns out! Hope we all are still around in around 5 years. :bigjoint:

We will be ... Oh, I assure you we will.

Also, it's great to see that little bugger still going at it!

--------------------
]

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

#15087062 - 09/16/11 11:54 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mostly_Harmless said:
Still alive! And a 2nd in the 2nd pot germinated too.

nice. :super:

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Invisiblecc2
Mush

#15087473 - 09/16/11 01:28 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mostly_Harmless said:
Inspired by kada's page, back in april I took pollen from this Lophophora fricii RS404B

and used it to pollenate this Lophophora koehresii FPAN328

3 fruits started to form but quite weakly. I harvested one today, and got 11 seeds. The seeds are a bit misshapen and a bit lighter than usual.

I'll sow them soon and post up how they do, or don't do..

awesome achievement sir :bow2:

wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

Re: Lophophora koehresii x Lophophora fricii [Re: cc2]
    #15524422 - 12/16/11 02:48 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well they are both still alive! Here is a pic of the oldest one, coming up to 5 months old. I've updated the original post with all pics so far.

--------------------

Invisiblefngbronco
Monkey Man
Male

#15524575 - 12/16/11 04:18 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Sweet! I'm excited for the next 5 years of this thread to see how they look lol. It looks super healthy, you fertilize at all or is it being given a dormant stage?

--------------------
I challenge you to challenge yourself more! When you feel complacent and ready to hang it up, challenge yourself to get over it! If you fail, don't look at it as you didn't succeed, look at it as you would a rock face you're trying to climb. Stand back, wayyyy back, and look at it and plot another path. If you can't find one, shuffle down the way a little, a little change of scenery or a view from a different angle may give you the insight you need.

Anything I state is relayed information from a friend of a friend and should be viewed as completely fictitious. I do not partake in any illegal or grey-area-of-the-law activities, but do have lots of friends who may or may not.    -fngbronco

Pill Divider Agar Tek

wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

Re: Lophophora koehresii x Lophophora fricii [Re: fngbronco]
    #15524595 - 12/16/11 04:25 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

They are spending the winter in my light box as I started them midsummer, too soon to reach a good size to risk dormancy here with just 2 seedlings. I've started to give them 30% strength nutes (8-34-32+trace) every 2nd water.

--------------------

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

#15524788 - 12/16/11 06:40 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mostly_Harmless said:
They are spending the winter in my light box as I started them midsummer, too soon to reach a good size to risk dormancy here with just 2 seedlings. I've started to give them 30% strength nutes (8-34-32+trace) every 2nd water.

you thinking about grafting? with 2 it would be a neat experiment.

--------------------
-Karode

wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

Re: Lophophora koehresii x Lophophora fricii [Re: ferrel_human]
    #15524802 - 12/16/11 06:44 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I did consider it but I shall raise these on their own roots. I acquired a couple more mature fricii and koehresii so hope to do some more cross pollination this year, and if I get more seed then I'll give some grafting a go.

--------------------

OfflineC_T
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #15524921 - 12/16/11 07:35 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

very nice! Thanks for sharing :smile:

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Lophophora koehresii x Lophophora fricii [Re: C_T]
    #15525974 - 12/16/11 12:24 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

well done bro, the hardest bit is behind you :smile:

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder