Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechineseguy
Stranger

Loc: Chongqing, China
automated fruiting chambers
    #1465576 - 04/16/03 10:06 PM (21 years, 5 days ago)

sup all--

My white boy friend was asking me today about his newly automated chamber and had some questions about air exchange. Due to limited space, he used a sterlite container that was only about 7.5'' deep, which is upside down. He also purchased a "tetratec ap100" air pump and tubing. All it says on the pump box is "for aquariums up to 30 gallons, 100 liters per hour." He has it hooked up to a timer which runs for 30 mins every 8 hours (3x a day). If the " 100 liters per hour" refers to amount of air dispensed, then 50 gallons 3 times a day is plenty. He figures the old air will be flushed out the bottom of the chamber as it is not sealed. This cats using perlite/ peroxide for humidity and a good flo light- always at 75 degrees.

Has anybody over here run a system like this. If so, does this sound on track to you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Re: automated fruiting chambers [Re: chineseguy]
    #1465751 - 04/16/03 10:55 PM (21 years, 5 days ago)

I have one.. I should post a pic. I dont use it caust I have good weather and a back yard for growing :laugh: 

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Trusted Cultivator
Re: automated fruiting chambers [Re: chineseguy]
    #1466280 - 04/17/03 04:16 AM (21 years, 5 days ago)

There are a couple of things to consider regarding your air pump. It pumps 100 liters per hour, but that doesn't mean it can completely change the air in a 100 liter container in one hour. This is like taking a glass full of Cool Aid and dumping into it another glass of water. It will dilute the Cool Aid, but it won't completely replace it with water. You need to pour in several glasses of water before the Cool Aid concentration becomes negligible.

Another issue I've found with aquarium air pumps is that they don't entrain the air in the container and they don't stir it up. The flow rate is so small that stagnant areas can be created.

I'd suggest you run the air pump all the time with the hose submerged in some water. This may still not solve the problem with stagnant areas, but it may help.

My friend's fruiting chamber uses a small computer box fan to keep the air circulating and an aquarium pump to replace the air.

Good luck!

-Diploid

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Offlinedankhead420
I have the keyto escapereality

Loc: going to hell in bucket
Re: automated fruiting chambers [Re: Diploid]
    #1466679 - 04/17/03 08:52 AM (21 years, 4 days ago)

What is the computer fan hooked up to for power?

--------------------
trippin with little baby jesus

Offlinechineseguy
Stranger

Loc: Chongqing, China
Re: automated fruiting chambers [Re: Diploid]
    #1467207 - 04/17/03 12:27 PM (21 years, 4 days ago)

thanks Diploid, thats what my dog was concerned about. he knows the fresh air doesn't come out of the tube with much force and was concerned about the far side of the chamber not being circulated. so, he believes he has two options: one would be to install a computer fan, as you alluded to. however, as you can see in the pic, the chamber is only 7.5'' high, so he's already limited on space and is not sure if there would be room in there for a small fan. the other option would be to put a splitter in the tube so he can have an imput on both sides of the chamber instead of onyl one. only problem with this is that the incoming air pressure would also be split in half and become even weaker than it already is. u think that would still work?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix