Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offline4896744
Small Town Girl
Female User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: The Struggle [Re: noobieman]
    #14661839 - 06/23/11 07:50 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

noobieman said:
The ability of someone else to make use of my perceptions is as useful to a spiritualist as it is to an artist or an elite athlete. That is to say, the value and utility of my perceptions may only be useful to me. But that may speak more to my exceptional ability to perceive than it does to others' ability to validate me.

How could someone make use of your perceptions?

--------------------
Live your Life! :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenoobieman
Stranger
Re: The Struggle [Re: 4896744]
    #14661889 - 06/23/11 08:01 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Well, scientists make use of my perceptions when I volunteer to participate in scientific studies. A firefighter may make use of my perceptions if I report where an unconscious child may be found in a burning building.

Likewise, one who shares in similar perceptions of the noncorporeal world may use my perceptions to fill in some of the missing pieces of their own perceptions. Together, or in a larger group, we may create a picture of the nonphysical world that none of us could perceive completely on our own.

Offline4896744
Small Town Girl
Female User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: The Struggle [Re: noobieman]
    #14661904 - 06/23/11 08:04 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

noobieman said:
Well, scientists make use of my perceptions when I volunteer to participate in scientific studies. A firefighter may make use of my perceptions if I report where an unconscious child may be found in a burning building.

Likewise, one who shares in similar perceptions of the noncorporeal world may use my perceptions to fill in some of the missing pieces of their own perceptions. Together, or in a larger group, we may create a picture of the nonphysical world that none of us could perceive completely on our own.

But wouldn't it just be their perceptions? They would perceive you telling them something. Your personal perception would be irrelevant to theirs.

--------------------
Live your Life! :heart:

Offlinenoobieman
Stranger
Re: The Struggle [Re: 4896744]
    #14661958 - 06/23/11 08:14 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

It's kinda like this. Fill in the blank:  spo_ge. You perceive a gap. If I offered you an "o" you could very well get that "aha!" feeling and realize that my offer/perception has value. Someone else might offer you an "n". And so on. Perception of context and texture/tone would likely weight one perception above another. And you'd make a decision about which is more likely correct.

But if someone offered you a broccoli floret, you'd likely discard their perception. You wouldn't see how it could possibly apply to your own perceptions of spo_ge. The point being, perceptions that don't have utility for a large number of people are likely to be weighted and applied based on very subjective criteria. And in this case you'd toss the broccoli out.

However, the person who discounts such perceptual phenomena exist at all won't benefit from any offerings. They will reject the O and the N because the spo_ge, itself, isn't empirically valid as anything OTHER than "spo_ge". But that hardly eliminates the possibility that these offerings/perceptions provide real value. It may very well be that the combined picture of Sponge or Spooge are valid and valuable.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom