Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineODhaze
outdoorhaze

Loc: in the haze
Disposal of contaminated substrate (a pictorial)
    #1466022 - 04/17/03 12:25 AM (21 years, 5 days ago)

i had some contaminated cakes that i needed to dispose of recently, and now that the snow has melted enough i can utilize my "graveyard tek" to get rid of all those nasty molds and their spores for good.

these are the cakes that i had to bury.

2 of the same cake

this cake got it pretty bad, if you look you can see that creamy white pre-green mold.

this cake here fell to a dual attack of cobweb and black mold.

this is a jar that i found, it had been sitting for quite some time , it started as cobweb mold then fell to all sorts of bizarre molds.

...yes its really as bad as it looks :grin:

so off to the graveyard!!

this looks like a good spot...

just dig a good size hole...

time to say good bye to the nasty contam.

and were done!

i think its a good idea to bury contaminated substrate deep underground.  Having something that is sporulating that much nearby a mushroom cultivation attempt could have devastating results.

so keep clean!

-outdoorhaze-

--------------------
I believe i will go out to the seashore, let the waves wash my mind. Gunna open up my head now just to see what i can find...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemesq
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: Disposal of contaminated substrate (a pictorial) [Re: ODhaze]
    #1466044 - 04/17/03 12:38 AM (21 years, 5 days ago)

wow thats alot of effort... I dunno if i did the right thing... I just used a mask and gloves for safety.. wrapped the cake in foil and binned it..

OfflineODhaze
outdoorhaze

Re: Disposal of contaminated substrate (a pictorial) [Re: mesq]
    #1466065 - 04/17/03 12:45 AM (21 years, 5 days ago)

im sure that will do, to each his own!

-odh-

--------------------
I believe i will go out to the seashore, let the waves wash my mind. Gunna open up my head now just to see what i can find...

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #1467034 - 04/17/03 11:31 AM (21 years, 4 days ago)

R.I.P.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineAli
Evil Retard

Loc: Zeta Reticuli
Re: Disposal of contaminated substrate (a pictorial) [Re: MAIA]
    #1468164 - 04/17/03 05:27 PM (21 years, 4 days ago)

I took a coulple of contaminated BRF cakes to and old deserted horse barn and buryied it there with a layer of casing material i brought along in a ziploc baggie.The motherfucking mycellia kept growing! Just checked on it today only to find that fucking ants and green mold were attacking it! Oh well it was worth a try, I had nothing to lose.

--------------------
I got mail. I got mail. I got mail. I got mail. I got mail. YAYYYYYYY!! Now you go!!!!!

OfflineODhaze
outdoorhaze

Re: Disposal of contaminated substrate (a pictorial) [Re: Ali]
    #1468339 - 04/17/03 06:46 PM (21 years, 4 days ago)

haha, cool. i have seen the mycelium grow when i put them near my compost pile, its a nice suprise. and like you said nothing to lose

--------------------

Anonymous

#1468412 - 04/17/03 07:33 PM (21 years, 4 days ago)

I just found yesterday that 1 of my first 12 jars had developed a green mold I just dumped it into a plastic bag tied it up and put it in a garbage bag in the basement that will go out soon...I lycol'd my room after but I didn't use any gloves or anything...I dunno maybe I'm not being careful enough but I just don't see contam as that much of a threat...as long as you don't eat it or anything I can't see it hurting ya...mold is all around us

OfflineODhaze
outdoorhaze

Re: Disposal of contaminated substrate (a pictorial) [Re: ]
    #1479617 - 04/21/03 04:46 PM (21 years, 11 hours ago)

your right, mold is all around us, many, many, many, different kinds of molds.

however (comma)

often we see only a select (relativly)few molds growing in/on our substrate cakes.  In my opinion, its just good practice to eliminate large sporulating colonies of these certain molds.  I cant find green mold growing anywhere near my house, only on BRF, still i get hit with it all the time. 

My logic behind all of this is just to remove the source (or larger source) from releasing all of those spores so close.  I figure burying it in sand, even just a foot down, will take care of it well enough, better than bags, or foil, or what have you.

Im not saying my way is the best (or only) way to success.  There are many here who are better cultivators than I , that dont go through the trouble to bury their contam.  Im just saying its a good idea :smile: i just wanna make sure, on a final note, that i dont come off as a pecker head, cuz im just a friend :smile:

alright thats all for now,

-odh- 

--------------------

Anonymous

#1480350 - 04/21/03 08:49 PM (21 years, 7 hours ago)

I don't think your being a pecker head at all :smile:...I respect your disposal method...I just haven't had a prob yet with just throwing it in plastic bags and then into the garbage...

OfflineODhaze
outdoorhaze

Re: Disposal of contaminated substrate (a pictorial) [Re: ]
    #1480379 - 04/21/03 08:59 PM (21 years, 7 hours ago)

sweet :smile:

--------------------

Anonymous

#1480985 - 04/22/03 12:01 AM (21 years, 4 hours ago)

wow after reading "Smelt Jars for contamination. I was taken to ER!!!" thread I am gonna be much more careful...glad what I dealt with didnt' make me sick or threaten my life

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder