Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGWAR
Scumdog of theUniverse
 User Gallery

Loc: Antarctica
blue bruise or green mold?
    #1465467 - 04/16/03 11:34 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

dammit, no one answered any of my questions in mush cult so i moved it here. if u want to read the long version, look below, but basically i want to know if there is greenish/blue patches on some of your mushrooms/pins, is it brusing (i dont think i ever touched them..??) or contams??

===================
Ok, let me tell you guys about a dream I had.
I was walking home from school, and I met a stray dog. He led me deep into the forest where he showed me a clear tupperware container with a garbage bag wrapped around the bottom (to keep pins from growing there). He opened the container and revealed a whole bunch of pins and small mushrooms, there must have been 70 at least. He misted it, and fanned it a bit.
We inspected his shrooms a little bit and I pointed out that some of them appeared to have green spots. The dog panicked, and, even though I'm pretty sure the dog knew this would not stop any contamination that may lurk, he began to pick off every baby shroom with any 'green' with his *unwashed* paws.
Then, without thinking, the dog took off the garbage bag and flipped the clear case over to inspect the mycelium underneath, WHUMP!.. the casing hit the lid of the tupperware container, and a few more pins got knocked off the casing, but other than that, the casing appeared to be in OK condidtion. I then stopped him after he had ripped a good handful of pins out, and suggested that maybe the 'green' was the blue bruises on the mushrooms. So i picked up a mushroom and squeezed it a little. sure enough it turned a greenish blue color.. not unlike the 'contamination' we had spotted. the dog put his hand full of pins under a fan to dry, intending to eat them later.

Is it likely that the so called 'contamination' was just the natural bluing, or is it possible that the shrooms were really contaminated? Should the dog eat these mushrooms? Will his casing survive the brutal attack?

there was no green on the bottom of the casing, but i thought i did spot a flake or two of verm that appeared greenish. there is still plenty of pins left, but he did pick a whole bunch. I don't know WHAT that dog was thinking...  :confused: :frown: :crazy: 

--------------------

"Freedom to all the people... Brave, true and strong... Freedom to all the people... Unless I think you're wrong!!!"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKaren
Pooh-Bah
Female

Re: blue bruise or green mold? [Re: GWAR]
    #1466128 - 04/17/03 03:26 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Mushrooms can bruise for a number of reasons, touching only being one of them. It is likely though if there is bruising that it could be an abort. Is the bruising a ring around the cap?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum