Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Loc: mars Flag
Trusted Cultivator
How to make edible cakes from HELL. A start to finish guide. * 5
    #14654219 - 06/22/11 01:40 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

EDIBLE CAKES FROM HELL!

This is the easiest way to grow edibles,  test cultures or get new spores.

These amounts will make approximately 20 1/2pint cakes.

Ingredients= Verm, Hardwood sawdust, wood chips/shavings,  BRF and Gypsum.

In a large bowl pour 1qt hardwood sawdust,  1qt hardwood chips/shavings(this is a mix of aspen and oak that I ran through my chipper/shredder) and 1qt Verm.  Mix/stir.

Add 1/2 cup Gypsum.

Add 2 cups Brown rice flour or Rice Bran,  mix/stir everything.

Add 1qt water and 1/2qt coffee and stir/mix until it has an even consistency.  Test for feild capacity,  just grab a hand full and squeeze hard it should feel dry and only a small drip when squeezed.  Add more water if it is too dry add more Verm if it is too wet.  I like to keep it drier because I will be injecting LC into these.
(I ended up dumping everything in my PC because my bowl wasn't big enough to stir in the water.)

Fill your jars just like standard PF Tek.  Load them with your mixture(do NOT pack them down) to the lip on the jar near the threads,  fill the rest with dry verm.

Put the lids on with four small holes in them and cover with foil.  Load your PC and "cook" for 90 minutes @15psi.

When they cool you are ready to inject with you edible of choice.

Outgrow- Shiitake Cake!

Ralphsters- Lentinus tigrinus Cake!

You can grow almost any type of edible with this method.  It won't get you huge yields but it is great for first time edible grower to learn how your strains will act/grow.  This is the fastest way to get spores to make new isolates that is what I use this for or to test new cultures.

Enjoy.

CH

Edited by CH HELL (06/22/11 02:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleUnnamedGrower Happy Birthday!
The AMUiest
Male User Gallery

Loc: I'll be where I'm at
Re: How to make edible cakes from HELL. A start to finish guide. [Re: CH HELL]
    #14654246 - 06/22/11 01:43 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

This is an awesome tek and I will be trying it very shortly

1st post

:winning1:

InvisibleTranscendingLife
I Don't Need a Life to Live
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How to make edible cakes from HELL. A start to finish guide. [Re: UnnamedGrower]
    #14654268 - 06/22/11 01:46 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

UnnamedGrower said:
This is an awesome tek and I will be trying it very shortly

1st 2nd post

:winning1:

:hehehe:

awesome tek CH :highfive:

--------------------
AMU: We Quickly Answer Questions Here
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs
"You are as dead now as you will ever be" - Seth

InvisibleHorizonSpawn
Gettin' my grow on :)
Male

Loc: Myco-Tek.org Flag
Re: How to make edible cakes from HELL. A start to finish guide. [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #14654286 - 06/22/11 01:49 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Not to mention; for those wishing to KISS w/cakes. This allows them to step it up a notch, w/o going to bulk... Yes?

Looks great! :smile:

--------------------
Please assume any and all prints exchanged are "WILD" in nature; and thus, should NOT be considered ASEPTIC...

NOTE:  Please excuse my brevity, as it is a bitch 'n' a half and slow as hell to type on this here phone :frown:

InvisibleEvilMushroom666
Heretic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How to make edible cakes from HELL. A start to finish guide. [Re: HorizonSpawn]
    #14654374 - 06/22/11 02:05 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

:congrats:

InvisiblePinsWellWithOthers
Thread Derailer

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How to make edible cakes from HELL. A start to finish guide. [Re: EvilMushroom666]
    #14654495 - 06/22/11 02:27 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Bookmarked for later use! Cant wait to get some Shiitake going.

InvisibleLuger0815
noob
Male

Loc: @ Home
Re: How to make edible cakes from HELL. A start to finish guide. [Re: PinsWellWithOthers]
    #14655105 - 06/22/11 04:24 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Very nice thanx for sharing this.
I posted this thread in the link thread.
If you dont like it to be there pls. gimme a note to erase it.

Edited by Luger0815 (06/22/11 04:25 PM)

Offlineorison
mcfluffysugarnuts

Re: How to make edible cakes from HELL. A start to finish guide. [Re: Luger0815]
    #14655120 - 06/22/11 04:27 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Cooooooool beans.. :awehigh:

--------------------

InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How to make edible cakes from HELL. A start to finish guide. [Re: Luger0815]
    #14655202 - 06/22/11 04:41 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks everyone.

Quote:

Luger0815 said:
Very nice thanx for sharing this.
I posted this thread in the link thread.
If you dont like it to be there pls. gimme a note to erase it.

It is all good, link it.:super:

InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #14670860 - 06/25/11 02:59 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

:strokebeard2:

Invisiblestonesun
Sclerotia Aficionado
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 64º08'00"N 21º56'00"W
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How to make edible cakes from HELL. A start to finish guide. (moved) [Re: CH HELL]
    #14671593 - 06/25/11 06:11 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

This thread was moved from Mushroom Cultivation.

Reason:
Moved to OPs request.

Invisiblefngbronco
Monkey Man
Male

Re: How to make edible cakes from HELL. A start to finish guide. (moved) [Re: stonesun]
    #14673333 - 06/26/11 02:00 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Bad ass tek hell!! I've had issues with bran and no fruits tho, could it be from it being too nutritious or too much of it? This was with sawdust to replace verm and bran, but also bran and verm.

--------------------
I challenge you to challenge yourself more! When you feel complacent and ready to hang it up, challenge yourself to get over it! If you fail, don't look at it as you didn't succeed, look at it as you would a rock face you're trying to climb. Stand back, wayyyy back, and look at it and plot another path. If you can't find one, shuffle down the way a little, a little change of scenery or a view from a different angle may give you the insight you need.

Anything I state is relayed information from a friend of a friend and should be viewed as completely fictitious. I do not partake in any illegal or grey-area-of-the-law activities, but do have lots of friends who may or may not.    -fngbronco

Pill Divider Agar Tek

InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How to make edible cakes from HELL. A start to finish guide. (moved) [Re: fngbronco]
    #14673856 - 06/26/11 08:09 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Hey Bronco,  With the cakes I like to use BRF and don't have the issues of mutants or no-fruits.  The BRF doesn't seem to cause as many issues as bran.  I use the same recipe for all strains and have no problems,  if you are using bran you my want to reduce the amount if growing a finicky type of shiitake or other types that mutate or don't fruit with high supplementation.
CH

Invisiblefngbronco
Monkey Man
Male

Re: How to make edible cakes from HELL. A start to finish guide. (moved) [Re: CH HELL]
    #14674121 - 06/26/11 09:45 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the info! Just gotta figure out how to get an agar wedge into liquid form to knock up the cakes :laugh: gonna make some this week for sure! It's bad ass you don't need to soak the chips and all that! Also that cake looks crazy with the browning, what's the BE on these?

--------------------
I challenge you to challenge yourself more! When you feel complacent and ready to hang it up, challenge yourself to get over it! If you fail, don't look at it as you didn't succeed, look at it as you would a rock face you're trying to climb. Stand back, wayyyy back, and look at it and plot another path. If you can't find one, shuffle down the way a little, a little change of scenery or a view from a different angle may give you the insight you need.

Anything I state is relayed information from a friend of a friend and should be viewed as completely fictitious. I do not partake in any illegal or grey-area-of-the-law activities, but do have lots of friends who may or may not.    -fngbronco

Pill Divider Agar Tek

InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How to make edible cakes from HELL. A start to finish guide. (moved) [Re: fngbronco]
    #14674857 - 06/26/11 01:01 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

You can easily get 100%BE from these cakes.  With shiitake make sure they brown(not as brown as mine they get really dark after the dunk) and when you birth them cold shock and dunk them.

If you don't have liquid cultures you can use your regular grain jar filtered lids and skip the dry verm layer.  Instead of injecting stick a wedge or two on the side of the cake.

No soak on the wood chip/sawdust they will be on the dry side after pcing but thats ok you can dunk them just like regular PF Tek when they are colonized.

CH

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Temple of Time
    #23011868 - 03/16/16 07:12 AM (8 years, 14 days ago)

I dont mean to bump an old thread, but could you spawn them to a tub or tray with the same substrate as the cakes? allowing you to make a mono-tub of this?

--------------------
Song Of Healing
:super: Updated Pf Tek Guide :super:
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread
The Chinese word for nature is zìrán and it means that of which is of itself.

Offlinehomers night storm
Sgt Pepper
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: How to make edible cakes from HELL. A start to finish guide. [Re: Ziran]
    #28225998 - 03/12/23 06:20 AM (1 year, 17 days ago)

I’m new myself, but would imagine this could be done. As all monotubs are is a loose bulk substrate with some form of started mycellium colony mixed in…. Letting it fully colonize before exposing it to open air to fruit or case.

You should try it, I may as well. If either of us do lets try to remember to return here and share our results. FOR SCIENCE!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale