Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJordo
Psychonaut

The Little Bird's Experiment
    #1465174 - 04/16/03 10:11 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

My dog's brother's bird had some innoculated grain that stalled and was thinking of trying to induce fruiting. Couldn't he just place the jars in a terrarium and as long as the humidity, temp, and light exposure were right.... shouldn't he get some pins right off the mycelium? Should the top of the mycelium be covered with anything? He basically just wants to see what would happen but would also be please with fruits so if anyone has any comments that would be great!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Little Bird's Experiment [Re: Jordo]
    #1470705 - 04/18/03 04:49 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

if the jars a re only partialy colonized before stalling, the little bird will wish he had not done that....they will contaminate....if the bird gets the dog to flip the jars he will probably allow more gas exchange and they should resume so flip them over and make sure the holes arent coverd and it should finish

P#1

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: The Little Bird's Experiment [Re: Jordo]
    #1470741 - 04/18/03 04:59 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Are you birthing just plain old WBS as a cake ? Not gonna at least case it with 50/50 ?
No matter what, birthing "any" substrate to prematurely can and will most likely lead to contams . All that virginal uncolonized grain is an open invite to invaders looking for a source of food , and your grain will be it .  :tongue:
Have patience , let them fully colonize . Keep temps in the 80-84*F range and let them mature completly . In the mean time consider the idea of inocing some form of compost , or just simply case that grain , birthing grain as a "cake" defeats the whole idea of inoced grain, IMHO !
Patience is a required ingredient of any tek !  :wink:
Good Luck
  PS Invert jars and crack open lids , or cover holes with micropore tape , but do not leave open . Two reasons why... 1 reduce contam possibility by not fully exposing to uncontrolled enviro . 2 slow down evaporation of moisture in the jars .
Inverting jars with lids cracked or taped will allow some C02 to escape .
But also make sure temps are correct for incubation = 82 86 is best .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Edited by tripndicular (04/18/03 05:04 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation