Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleLocky
Dont Spill Me!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over here, yes, here
Re: Just started World of Warcraft [Re: Kada]
    #14652981 - 06/22/11 08:59 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Get out! Get out now! Before it sucks you in!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Just started World of Warcraft [Re: micro8gb] * 1
    #14653035 - 06/22/11 09:16 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Just Started METH

Make sure you eat and sleep regularly, and brush your teeth regularly. Oral hygiene is very important with this one.

Oh and don't be a bell end, its Horde or BUST.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Just started World of Warcraft [Re: Asante]
    #14653281 - 06/22/11 10:30 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

WoWs an interesting thing isn't it?

I played when the vanilla version first came out (day one) till right before (about a month) before Burning Crusade came out. Sold my Dwarf Warrior for $650.

I loved that game at the time, we started a small guild of 5-6 people who were friends online, and we slowly progressed into a 40-50 man guild that was ranked #3 or so on the server... after we started kicking ass and raiding we slowly lost members due to this and that and I remember it dwindled down to us doing 40 man raids with 12 people.. the teamwork and communication involved are definitely great memories and I knew a lot of awesome people, and we grew together as a guild and then the guild died, and when the guild died I quit. Sold my dude for a shit load of money on ebay (this was before selling accounts became common), and I only actually registered about 25 days played in the year that I owned the game. So I guess I haven't played in what.. 5 years? Whenever BC came out. I never tried to play BC or any of the expansions, I enjoyed my time in vanilla and haven't looked back on quitting. From what everyone here is saying, the game has pretty much turned to shit. I never did like the battlegrounds, and thought they were detrimental to the game. I preferred to run around and just find people in the world to PVP with, it's much funner jumping a group of 2-3 people in the middle of a jungle then on a battleground or whatever. What was funny about selling my account is right after my guild died, the #1 guild on the server asked me to be their tank so I joined their shit for like a day and put my account on ebay, and I think the fact that I was in the "#1" guild on the server added $100 or so to the final price :lol:

My 2 cents.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (06/22/11 10:32 AM)

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
Re: Just started World of Warcraft [Re: pfxtc]
    #14653437 - 06/22/11 11:03 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I sold my guy for about 600$ too just before BC :awesome:

I was 3rd or 4th in command in our guild and the bank manager... we got a new leader and he was an unappreciative dick to me and the game wasn't much fun anymore so I stole the whole guild bank and added the 4000g or so to my sale price :lolsy:

And yeah I agree BGs killed world PvP hard... it wasn't so bad when you had to go to the actual BG to queue up cause people would world PvP in ashenvale then but when they made it so that you can do it anywhere or main cities there was no reason to ever go outside again.

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

OfflineSolemente
Male

Re: Just started World of Warcraft [Re: twighead]
    #14653479 - 06/22/11 11:11 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I started playing it again last month. It lasted all of two weeks before I was bored with it again.

I first played it in the open beta, and have been reactivating my account every now and then since, but I honestly don't think I ever will anymore.

I've just played that game to death. 40 man raiding was fun as hell back in the vanilla days though, and the new cata raids were pretty fun too, but they got old after a month of killing the same bosses over and over.

InvisibleEntheogenicPeace
Scholar
Male

Re: Just started World of Warcraft [Re: micro8gb]
    #14653741 - 06/22/11 12:05 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/06/22 07:49 PM)

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: Just started World of Warcraft [Re: EntheogenicPeace]
    #14653838 - 06/22/11 12:23 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I was a hardcore nerd from like 13-16

then I started smoking weed

I can't stand video games anymore :shrug:

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Re: Just started World of Warcraft [Re: mongo lloyd]
    #14654226 - 06/22/11 01:40 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mongo lloyd said:
WoW is enjoyable for the first couple of areas, but I find it just gets really boring. Like doing quests where you ahve to get 10 gorilla eyes, but have to kill about 100 to get them. Or waiting around for ages trying to do an instance. I prefer single player RPGs anyway.

I don't know, I didn't dislike that at all.  When you first start out, you need some time to figure out how to play the game and your class, so the grinding helps.  And then when you've got a rich 80, you just send blues every few levels and it goes very very quickly.  And again, helps you learn to play the new class.  I had one of every class to level 50+.  It was fun learning to play other classes too, because it helped you understand how to kill them with your main the next time you go PvPing.

What really got to me was 10 hour raids and dailies.  Once I ran out of quests and only had dailies to do, I got bored.  Grinding without any real benefit.  No levels, no amazing items, just a bit of gold.  Tedium.

I wish I had sold my characters before the Koreans cornered the market though.  So many 60's, then 70's, then 80's... I could have been rich.

Edited by BothHands (06/22/11 02:05 PM)

Scholar
Male

Re: Just started World of Warcraft [Re: pfxtc]
    #14654232 - 06/22/11 01:41 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/06/22 07:50 PM)

Offlinemongo lloyd
Lone Free Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
    #14654360 - 06/22/11 02:02 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
Personally, I think hours of mindless video games (with or w/o pot) is a waste of one's life... as i would say that I did to a good extent throughout my first ~20 years (mid-20s now)...when there is so much one can be learning & doing about the world, but if someone (post adolescents) wants to do that & otherwise holds a job & provides for themselves, then it's their choice.

No offense, but I fucking hate this attitude towards games. So what if someone wants to relax by playing video games? What's the point in learning pointless things about the world, when you could be playing a good game you enjoy? You're entitled to your own opinion, but you could call anything a waste of your life.

--------------------

Scholar
Male

#14655285 - 06/22/11 04:55 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/06/22 07:51 PM)

Invisibleifoundwaldo

Loc: Denver, CO Flag
    #14655294 - 06/22/11 04:58 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mongo lloyd said:
Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
Personally, I think hours of mindless video games (with or w/o pot) is a waste of one's life... as i would say that I did to a good extent throughout my first ~20 years (mid-20s now)...when there is so much one can be learning & doing about the world, but if someone (post adolescents) wants to do that & otherwise holds a job & provides for themselves, then it's their choice.

No offense, but I fucking hate this attitude towards games. So what if someone wants to relax by playing video games? What's the point in learning pointless things about the world, when you could be playing a good game you enjoy? You're entitled to your own opinion, but you could call anything a waste of your life.

Yes. By extension, you could say that books and movies are also a waste of life.

Now, if some fat kid sits around playing video games all day, I agree.
Get the kid outside, take the Cheetos away from him, and show him that there are fun activities besides playing video games.

--------------------

Offlinemongo lloyd
Lone Free Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
    #14655314 - 06/22/11 05:02 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ifoundwaldo said:
Quote:

mongo lloyd said:
Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:

Yes. By extension, you could say that books and movies are also a waste of life.

That's what I was getting at, eg. why do people single out video games and not books?

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
Quote:

What's the point in learning pointless things about the world

If you think that learning about the material world around us is pointless, then that's unfortunate. Would you say that Thomas Edison & Albert Einstein wasted their lives?

I was playing Devil's Advocate.

--------------------

OfflineAnthony
M1 A1

Loc: earth
Re: Just started World of Warcraft [Re: ifoundwaldo]
    #14655321 - 06/22/11 05:04 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I watched this documentary on Current TV(i think) and it was about MMO's and gaming. omg, it was RIDICULOUS. I'm going to try and find a link so you guys can watch it. You will not believe some of these WoW'ers...

Ok, yes. It's called Second Skin

I can't find a link to the full video but I suggest you check it out. You will LOL hard at these guys

--------------------
Trippin? Click Me...... Me too!

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Just started World of Warcraft [Re: micro8gb]
    #14655366 - 06/22/11 05:10 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

WoW is digital heroin. No similes or metaphor here, that was an actual dictionary-worthy definition of WoW.

It might seem fun at first, but before long you'll begin to wonder if it's really more fun than absolutely everything else you used to do in your spare time. :tinfoil:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineIamMatt
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Just started World of Warcraft [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #14655410 - 06/22/11 05:17 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

hahaha. I went to a second cousins wedding few months ago and they had met on wow.

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
Re: Just started World of Warcraft [Re: IamMatt]
    #14655791 - 06/22/11 06:20 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

IamMatt said:
hahaha. I went to a second cousins wedding few months ago and they had met on wow.

Hahaha my sister had a wedding this month.. she met her husband (from australia) in wow.

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

Invisibleifoundwaldo

Re: Just started World of Warcraft [Re: twighead]
    #14655815 - 06/22/11 06:24 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

You're not a real WOW fan unless you get married in game on a rppvp server.

The most amazing part about WOW to me was the lore. Not the lore itself, mind you.
But the fact that some kids had their heads FILLED with it and knew EVERYTHING there is to know about the Warcraft universe.
I was thinking, "Man, what would happen if these guys decided to learn quantum physics?"

--------------------

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Re: Just started World of Warcraft [Re: ifoundwaldo]
    #14655825 - 06/22/11 06:25 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I was one of those people. :sadyes:

Invisibleifoundwaldo

Re: Just started World of Warcraft [Re: BothHands]
    #14655872 - 06/22/11 06:33 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

BothHands said:
I was one of those people. :sadyes:

Did you constantly complain about inconsistencies?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order