Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemud420
tripping while depressed
    #1460930 - 04/15/03 03:49 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

have any of you tripped while you were depressed, im depressed and kinda manic depressive..or maybe i just got teenage angst i dont fucking know but i was just wonderin if ne of you have tripped while depressed and had an ok experience? i ask too many q's

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: tripping while depressed [Re: mud420]
    #1460958 - 04/15/03 03:56 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Personally I find shrooms an excellent cure for depression. How do shrooms usually affect you? Have you ever been frightened or depressed by them? If you have maybe it's best not taking them when you're feeling down.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinejarby
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1460961 - 04/15/03 03:57 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Well, I'd describe myself as very depressed and will be tripping sometime this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

OfflineTonearm
Stranger
    #1460962 - 04/15/03 03:57 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Everyone says not to trip while depressed but it seems to me that that could be a great way to break out of it and get your head on straight. I AM NOT saying this from experience so be careful. It just seems like that would be true.

--------------------
My Favorite Link:
http://www.deoxy.org/8brains.htm

Offlinemud420
Re: tripping while depressed [Re: Tonearm]
    #1460990 - 04/15/03 04:06 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i have no experience with shrooms..ill only probably have a gram n a half. my friend had a gram and had a bad time and i think im mentally worse than him but i dunno.. weed makes me feel better so maybe shrooms wil  to :smile:

Anonymous

#1461029 - 04/15/03 04:20 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

you'll prolly be fine...maybe start with a gram since its your first time

OfflineTanGuara
Stranger

Re: tripping while depressed [Re: ]
    #1461149 - 04/15/03 04:55 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Mushrooms tend to magnify your feelings... if youre happy, youll be happier and if youre sad, youll get sadder. However, YMMV.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: tripping while depressed [Re: TanGuara]
    #1461386 - 04/15/03 06:14 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

If you're tripping while depressed it wont be too fun but chances are, cuz most people are like this, that you will put that feeling aside out of the excitiment that you are about to trip, w/ that then you'll get the tripping mood lift and then probably have a nice happy afterglow for awhile anyways. Sounds pretty good to me in theroy :tongue:

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#1461426 - 04/15/03 06:26 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Mushrooms tend to make your mind dwell on things, be it good or bad. You're concerned you may be bipolar which is a big statement to make, how you'd trip and think about something else would amaze me.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Offlinemud420
Re: tripping while depressed [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #1461479 - 04/15/03 06:50 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

well i could be worryin over nothin with the bi-polar, i had really non of the manic symptoms and all of the depressive ones..so i dont really know

Offlineforevadazin
It's so easy toslip
    #1461485 - 04/15/03 06:52 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Im bipolar and ive tripped during the lowest points in my life (after being "hospitlized" for trying to kill myself) and I found it helped me want to live..but thats just me and a totally different situation..if you feel your depression could turn it into a bad trip just wait..

InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Loc: Somewhere rubbing my nugs...
Re: tripping while depressed [Re: forevadazin]
    #1461543 - 04/15/03 07:11 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I agree! I recommend a dose of 3.5 grams...

Shrooms in themselves will not make you feel better, but they can show you things that can change your life!  Just don't fight whatever you feel while you were tripping.  Fighting a bad trip just prolongs the agony ("Just let go" :wink:)My second time I became really sad while thinking about death, time, existence, ..., and it turned into the greatest experience of my life because of what I realized and came to understand during the trip! 

--------------------
"as your attourney I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine.."

"well.. why not? I mean if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right. THIS IS THE AMERICAN DREAM IN ACTION"

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: tripping while depressed [Re: Tonearm]
    #1461722 - 04/15/03 07:58 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, Yes! I wasnt depressed as much as just at a very bad place in my life...and i took a 7g trip, alone, some music at times, and my thoughts. It really got me life straight. It was terrifying as hell, but theres something about it that attracts me...obviously it can have very positive affects. It forces you to analyze your priorities and intentions and PROBLEMS, and your mind will manifest on them, dwell on the revelations that come that you will make a change in your life to improve. In my experience anyays.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: tripping while depressed [Re: ClosetCase]
    #1462694 - 04/16/03 12:33 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Shrooms in themselves will not make you feel better

Not sure about this. With their effects on serotonin I think they do give you a mood lift.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflinesoShroomHungry
Stranger

Re: tripping while depressed [Re: Xlea321]
    #1462906 - 04/16/03 03:03 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

one time i was having a shitty day, i'm "depressed" too... and it was the scariest fucking thing in my life. it was like i was watching everything happen, but i couldn't interact or be involved with anything. like i was dead. i thought i was dead and everything i knew ceased to be. it was like i just lost everything in my mind and i didnt know what the fuck what was happening, like i wasn't sure it was real, then after awhile the "me" just stopped alltogether, and i was just a door of negative hateful angry fuckin energy or something, like i wasnt in control but just sat there like in a coma and let the trip pass me over. the thing i remember the most was that i kept saying over and over to myself, "make it stop.....make it stop....." it was terrifying. i have tripped a few times since, and LOVED it allover again, having normal happy trips. just thought i'd put that one out there...it seemed relevant. any insight on this anyone?
blaze on`

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #1463027 - 04/16/03 04:39 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

yes, but it was weird. i realized that what i've been doing was wasting my life, and being a failure, and that i had to turn to my passion (which is writing).

i also almost jumped into a wall to join these magical leprechauns and fairies that were inside of it. I was thoroughly and genuinely convinced I could leave this world of shit by jumping in. But I thought of the things I DO have in life here, and all my friends, especially one, and how they make me happy. Yay! :-)

tripping while depressed can be good for you. it can be bad too. The ultimate factor tho, is whether you respect the mushrooms or not, and their ability to rip your head from your body, and throw it across the universe like a little plush football.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Offlinetrev
comming out of retirement
 User Gallery

Loc: Aussie
Re: tripping while depressed [Re: entiformatie]
    #1463072 - 04/16/03 05:41 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Ive been to hell and back(luckily) while tripping on shrooms. But I felt good when it was over and it makes for a great story (spiders and blood and stuff) Im not going into it though. Also I have been in ecstacy too. Just make sure you dont eat too many.

--------------------

Anonymous #14
[quote]There are billions of people on this planet. The world does not revolve around the united states, moron. I hope terrorists crash their collective cocks into your asshole. [/quote]

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: tripping while depressed [Re: trev]
    #1463231 - 04/16/03 08:33 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

It is not a cool thing to take shrooms when oine is depress or not in the right state of minbd.

thats all I have to say about that.

mj

Or thake any drugs for that matter.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: tripping while depressed [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1464737 - 04/16/03 05:32 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I dont think it can be put fourth so simply MJshroomer...I think if a depressed person has the right intentions, does the proper preparations, and knows what theyre in for, a mushroom trip can be very beneficial for someone to get their life in order...get their priorities straight, one might say.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlineicewall
journeyman
Re: tripping while depressed [Re: PDU]
    #1465032 - 04/16/03 07:18 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i think i have the formost knowledge in this area. seeing as i tried to kill myself twice but luckly the shrooms saved me.

what i mean by this is that, i used to be a REALLY manic - depressive person to the point where id be yelling about how happy i am and the next id hit the wall in anger break my wrist and cry for 3 hours.

so i was out one day and looking for a way to get high so my fiiend says i can get shrooms they are coming now! so i chipped in and after that trip it made me look at my situation and TO THIS day 1 1/2 years later i am no longer manic depressive and i quit EVERYthing but shrooms which i plan to do soon.

so not only did shrooms HELP ME cure my addiction to many drugs it also helped cure my depression. WHY??? because i let the shrooms tell me the truth...

best piece of advice "let go and the truth will be shown"

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies