Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Something I wrote "Lessons of Life"
    #1464494 - 04/16/03 06:19 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

1. Looks can be decieving
2. Knowledge is nothing until it's applied.
3. Intelligence is not how much you know, it's how you apply knowledge.
4. Deception has been used throughout history, and is used everywhere in the world. It cannot be escaped, it can only be recognized and made useless.
5. There is no right and wrong, only perspective.
6. There?s more to life than the eye sees.
7. The one constant throughout life is that change is inevitable.
8. Emotions are part of the human experience, and can make or break a true human.
9. The only way to truly figure things out, is to question what your told, and find answers on your own. Just believing things and simply accepting things for how they are presented is seeing what other people want you to see, and most people have their own motives. So basically, by not finding answers on your own, you will never get the full story to life.
10. Being misunderstood and misjudged is common, and should not make you fall back into social conformities. The general population will always frown on the people who try to stretch and set their own paths, simply because they fear it.
11.No one truly sees the big picture, as it?s more than likely not comprehendable from a human perspective.
13. Arguing, when used right, can prove to be a useful tool, benefiting you not by victory, but progress. Most arguing however is controlled by emotions of hate or anger, which does not further your development.
14. Decision without action is useless.
15. Spirituality is the combination of mental health, physical health, emotional health ? with a bit of love and compassion thrown in. Oh, and don?t forget the overall development which comes from the complete combination.
16. Emotions highly control our thoughts. Our very own thought pattern is much dependant on our emotions, which creates our false illusions of life. To see clearly is not to be controlled by your emotions, and to recognize them when they come up.
17. One of the most important aspects of a healthy lifestyle is a strong, supportive community. Much like wolves, us humans NEED to not only socialize, but to live together with our truest nature prevailing. This not only creates a strong body of trust and other positive qualities, but also heals the group as a whole mentally, and possibly physically.

--------------------

comments?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShroomNewb
enthusiast
Re: Something I wrote [Re: tekramrepus]
    #1464598 - 04/16/03 06:46 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

ghey

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Something I wrote [Re: ShroomNewb]
    #1464650 - 04/16/03 07:04 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

not ghey as shroomnewb put it, but coming from him that's a compliment

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

OfflineJenherself
Just anotherchick

Loc: Alberta, Canada in a box
Re: Something I wrote [Re: NariusFractal]
    #1464720 - 04/16/03 07:26 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I like it. I wrote something too...course its really ghey:P

As I touch the soft, silkyness of the petal. I am reminded of how precious life is. How we must embrace ever single moment, good or bad, because someday we're all going to look back and see how fast life really went.
You have to remember every detail to expand the mind. Life won't seem nearly as short. Hold on to your virtues. Embezel your confidence. Respect your pride but never let it stand in the way. Keep your self-esteem high. Look in the mirror and see a beautiful person.
Pay attention to your flaws, for they give you character. Be yourself at all times. Never let your guard down but never put up a front. Reach for your goals and dreams. Accept the challenges life offers you, for it will only make you stronger. Be strong and freewilled with everything you do, say and believe in. Explore yourself and the world. See as much as you can, touch everything, smell everything. Don't just hear everything, listen carefully for you might learn. And never be afraid of anything. Hold on to yourself, never loose touch.
Because when it comes down to it, you truely are the only person you can count on.

Not sure why I'm posting this in here really, but what you wrote kinda reminded me of it....

--------------------
TO EACH THEIR OWN
****JENNY****

OfflineAlobar
A Bucket of Lard

Re: Something I wrote [Re: Jenherself]
    #1464804 - 04/16/03 07:56 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I like your thinking, Jen. 
Of course, my perspective is a little warped (though I strive to live by the thoughts you and Super posted), but I find it advantageous to not take myself so seriously.  Of course I am wont to do otherwise...  But a positive attitude can result from a very unorthodox mode of thinking, to wit:  By realizing that I am nothing but a bead of sweat in the armpit of the stinky three hundred pound linebacker that is the universe, I take solice, not despair.  It lends perspective to all of life's little problems...  At some point or another I became aware of this smell that I was putting off- closer to an effluvium than an odor- and decided to use it to my advantage.  A bead of sweat can be a powerful thing.  Surely, the existence of a sweat droplet is short.  But that  smell...  Smells like this often times alter the course of many a life.  Hmmm....    :laugh: 

Edited by Alobar (04/16/03 07:59 PM)

OfflineJenherself
Just anotherchick

Loc: Alberta, Canada in a box
Re: Something I wrote [Re: Alobar]
    #1464830 - 04/16/03 08:07 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I usually have warped sense of thoughts as well, but if I got into them I'd probably scare alot of people off and besides I'm ill at the moment and all this snot is clogging my brain.:P

--------------------
TO EACH THEIR OWN
****JENNY****

OfflineSWAY
SurrealPhantasmicSubConscious

Loc: A Dream...
Re: Something I wrote [Re: Jenherself]
    #1464848 - 04/16/03 08:15 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

good job supermarket, that is a very good description of many things that are very blurry for alot of people still and you were clear and did good job wording it

let me make a few opinions on some of the pieces of it:

"5. There is no right and wrong, only perspective." - this is awesome! alot of people are either ignorant to this or are just really dumb or are really religious or w/e and think that everybody knows 'right' and 'wrong' and i think that it is ENTIRELY perspective, i think that things even like fact and fiction are still based on the person's perspective or view too, some people like ..uhh i wont say anl names in general *cough christian cough* but alot of the people that think everybody has the same views on right and wrong or are built in or knows exactly what right or wrong is needs to examine things a little closer and question further

"9. The only way to truly figure things out, is to question what your told, and find answers on your own. Just believing things and simply accepting things for how they are presented is seeing what other people want you to see, and most people have their own motives. So basically, by not finding answers on your own, you will never get the full story to life." - THIS ROCKS! questioning is what we're here on this earth for i'd say, its all about learning, i say question it no matter what it is or what is said or anything, question god(if u believe in it), question why things are the way they are, question yourself and choices, question everything!!

"4. Deception has been used throughout history, and is used everywhere in the world. It cannot be escaped, it can only be recognized and made useless."
- here i think deception is just another one of those words, u said in #5 that there is no right and wrong and only perspectives and i believe in that but this seems like its going against that.., deception is not an 'evil' tool or anything and i dont think its useless either cuz sometimes i'd say we all use deception, its like lying kinda.. you dont want to lie usually ofcourse cuz it will come back to haunt you and ruine ur image and etc. but sometimes u do what most would call a 'white lie' or lying in the situation that seems like telling the truth is not a good option and nothing good will come of it at all so you lie about it, i myself dont like to lie hardly ever.. but if the situation is appropriate in my eyes then i will lie probably cuz its either to a great advantage to me and its fairly safe and works out perfectly or maybe its just one of those times where telling the truth will get you no where or maybe u need to lie cuz its important to survival, i think your labeling deception 'wrong' or something unless i read it wrong

but baisicaly your whole 'lessons of life' is awesome and seems very true to me

S W A Y

--------------------
?People keep searching for happines in the outside, what they don't know is that it's in the inside?
?In an infinite universe, anything that can exist, must exist? Bear
?To think too long about doing a thing often becomes its undoing? Eva Young

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Something I wrote "Lessons of Life" [Re: tekramrepus]
    #1465197 - 04/16/03 10:24 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Good stuff.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OnlineAislingGheal
A wave on the ocean
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Northern Ohio
    #1465658 - 04/17/03 12:29 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

A really good post! My opinion differs from yours on lesson 5 somewhat. While I agree that some things are a matter of perspective, some are not. One example that comes to mind is child molestation, it is wrong any way you slice it, perspectives may differ but the sexual exploitation of a weaker individual is not justifiable, just evil.

Having said that I think you have a lot of keen observations.

--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: Something I wrote [Re: AislingGheal]
    #1467704 - 04/17/03 05:04 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for the comments, glad I got disagreements as well - cause I love hearing other's perspectives.

I see what you guys are talking about.

I wasnt saying deception is bad, but I was simply saying you can make it useless against you, which is idea. Deception itself appears to be human nature (wether it is, or isnt I dont really much care) and certainly learning how to render it useless is very needy in some situations. But I know what you are saying.

As for child molestation, again, I look at it as wrong, but I still understand that the view of it being wrong is ONLY my minds perspective, I am still open to WHY they did this (abuse themselves?) and instead of *PUNSHING* them, helping them to not hurt others.

see what Im getting at? There will always be GOOD and EVIL in this world, but ONLY because they are fueled by perception. Without perception, good and evil cannot exist, because they are of the mind, and not a physical manifestation.

OfflineSWAY
SurrealPhantasmicSubConscious

Loc: A Dream...
    #1468500 - 04/17/03 10:10 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

its a popular thing to see something like that as wrong in current society, and im not saying i think its a good thing but its still HOW WE SEE IT

if you had to molest a child to save 100 people or your own life would u do it?
...no you probably wouldnt cuz thats wrong

and i know what your going to say.. THATS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!
and so im gonna say oh yeah? predict the future for me then, cuz anything is possible and i think u take a common path on this, but its still a good argument and a fun one, i argued my parents for a long while yesterday about why i think there is no such thing as right and wrong and they had valid points but i believe they werent thinking deeply enuff, dig deeper.. ofcourse something like child molestation seems wrong but dig deep and look and you'll see that its still how u see it and that somebody else might not think its quite as wrong and somebody might actually even think its right, nobody sees everything the same or even one thing EXACTLY the same ever and never will, that is why theres no such thing as right and wrong and only perception

--------------------
?People keep searching for happines in the outside, what they don't know is that it's in the inside?
?In an infinite universe, anything that can exist, must exist? Bear
?To think too long about doing a thing often becomes its undoing? Eva Young

Offlinewyldtouch69
You heard ofhell well i wassent from it

#1469284 - 04/18/03 04:03 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

-ahem-RIP OFF

I wrote something simular (and better) than this a few months ago, it was even made sticky for a few days.

the original

--------------------

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Loc: on my way to another plac...
Re: Something I wrote [Re: wyldtouch69]
    #1469308 - 04/18/03 04:20 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

"Self Importance is Self pitty masquerading as something else"
- Don Juan Matus

do you really have to judge this and proclaim yours to be better wyldtouch person?

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: Something I wrote [Re: thestringphish]
    #1469689 - 04/18/03 10:14 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

lol, love the quote man

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: Something I wrote [Re: entiformatie]
    #1469795 - 04/18/03 11:20 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I wasnt trying to rip anyone off :frown:

Didnt see the post, i apologize

but anyway,

I know what you are getting at SWAY, and I see that point of view too, but just because 100 million people or more view something as wrong, doesnt make it wrong.

Remember this - Beliefs lke that are NEVER constant, they will always change as society changes. In 1000 years from now, provided humanity exists, do you think child molestation will still be held with the same regards? It could, but it also couldnt!

OnlineAislingGheal
A wave on the ocean
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Northern Ohio
    #1472725 - 04/19/03 10:07 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

"The main aspects of fuel of this community will be Connectedness, Love, Compassion, and Evolution. These four concepts will be in the minds of all.
Now granted, every society has its problems, and this is the good part. Instead of working out problems the way we do today (which is basically as effective as doing nothing at all) we will work on something called the parent-child evolution.
The concept of parent-child evolution is that a parent passes on its negative traits to the children. This is done through the emotions becoming habitual in the household. It's the childs job in life to evolve past these complications, and create child of the childs own, who will evolve past HIS families complications.
An example: two parents are very intelligent, and just have a child. The parents drink alcohol everynight, and although very intelligent, often neglect the child.
through the Childs years, then through his teenage and eventually adulthood, his job is to remember the importance of sobriety, and giving child attention. Through his years, he developed an anxiety condition. Eventually he finds a wife who has anxiety too, and eventually they have a child. Its that's child job to evolve past the anxiety, learn to deal and eventually minimize it, and have children all over again.
This creates a positive evolution, when we realize and evolve using the parent-child evolution concept." - Supermarket.

"I know what you are getting at SWAY, and I see that point of view too, but just because 100 million people or more view something as wrong, doesnt make it wrong.
Remember this - Beliefs lke that are NEVER constant, they will always change as society changes. In 1000 years from now, provided humanity exists, do you think child molestation will still be held with the same regards? It could, but it also couldnt!"
- Supermarket

Law of Identity:
All existents have specific, non-self-contradictory natures (i.e. to be, is to be something, and nothing else)--"A is A" -Aristotle. (AS)
?
Law of Non-contradiction:
nothing can be both A and not-A at the same time and in the same respect--a corollary of the Law of Identity. (OPAR)
?
Law, Non-objective:
a system of social rules which is ad hoc, vague, secret, invalid, unjustifiable, not rationally answerable, inconsistent, undefinable, arbitrary, contradictory, unpredictable, or capricious.
?
Law, Objective:
a system of formal, consistent, institutionalized social rules which are objectively justifiable and applicable as well as totally explicit.
?
I really like what you had to say about the child-parent evolutionary concept, it is indeed positive. I don't understand how you balance that against your second quote. I DO agree that everything is perceived, we as humans are perceptual beings, but in my opinion things are what they are and can be known as such, in other words to say that the rape of a child is good, necessary, or permissible is objectively false, this holds true 1000 years ago or 1000 years from now. We create the world in which we live, if we are unable to distinguish between good and bad, positive and negative, what world would we have? I'm not trying to put you in a bad light Supermarket, I'm trying to point out that (in my opinion mind you) you can't have it both ways, you can't have "positive evolution" without justice.

--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #1475571 - 04/20/03 04:40 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

nice things to live by

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Jump to top. Pages: 1