Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineJenherself
Just anotherchick

Loc: Alberta, Canada in a box
Just a continuous brain fart
    #1464147 - 04/16/03 02:52 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

So there I was, Friday night, 11pm, doing dishes. As I stood there washing and scrubbing my mind began to ponder the small, random, insignifigant things in life. Like how things got the names they have. Words themselves and how they came to be. How wonderful Corelle dishes are. How you can bang them together and they rarely chip or crack or even break. Why is it I stand there and think of such insignifigant things? Why do I feel these things are actually important? Could it be that sometimes people are like Corell dishes? Take myself for example. All my life I've been 'banged' around, you know like falling off my bike or walking into walls...that sorta thing, and I've only chipped but never broke. Well up until last year anyways. I think the longer something goes untouched, the harder it breaks when it finally does fall. Is this true? Then it becomes harder to replace. If even replacable at all.
Right now, I've been sitting in silence for about 4 hours. That's a long time to go without speaking. When will the silence be broken? And how will it happen? With a question, a statement or laughter? Can anyone really predict what is going to happen next? Is there really fate and destiny? Every little thing we do in life curves our destiny. Every random movement we make day in and day out chooses our fate in the end. True or not, it makes complete and absolute sense. Hence being in the wrong place at the wrong time. What brought us to be there at that exact moment? It was our random movements, every step we took at that exact time. But why? Cause that is what fate and destiny are all about.
Fate plays a role in everything we do. It all comes down to 'what is, should be.' The reasoning...fate, destiny, chance and randomness.
So when something positive or negative happens in your life, you need to just take it in stride, because its suppose to happen, exactly how it happens, at that exact moment. And the reprecussions of the things that initially happen are an even greater fate than the happening of it.
The point of me writing all this? Boredom, pure boredom made me put these thoughts on here. And with that I stop!
:cool: 

--------------------
TO EACH THEIR OWN
****JENNY****

Edited by Jenherself (04/16/03 02:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleadrug

Re: Just a continuous brain fart [Re: Jenherself]
    #1464192 - 04/16/03 03:04 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

You think too much. :grin: (kidding.)

OfflineJenherself
Just anotherchick

Re: Just a continuous brain fart [Re: adrug]
    #1464216 - 04/16/03 03:09 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Well when your high, you tend to do that.

--------------------
TO EACH THEIR OWN
****JENNY****

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1464225 - 04/16/03 03:11 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Calm the fuck down!  :ooo:

Have you tried medatation?

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Just a continuous brain fart [Re: adrug]
    #1464229 - 04/16/03 03:12 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

"Why is it I stand there and think of such insignifigant things? Why do I feel these things are actually important?"

You can always find insight through the "insignificant" things by making connections from them to something on a larger scale, or something which relates directly to our collective.. Its like the most personal art-form there is, making these internal associations and connections that often aren't articulated to another person.

Sounds like you're a determinist :smile: - I'm starting to lean that way too... Keep thinking man; just don't let thought overtake all actions, because you'll find yourself very enlightened but homeless :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineJenherself
Just anotherchick

Re: Just a continuous brain fart [Re: Strumpling]
    #1464260 - 04/16/03 03:18 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Hahahaha. Are you people serious that I'm the only one thats ever thought about things like this? Maybe I am crazy. Just kidding....and I guess in a sense this is a way of me meditating, just thinking about 'stuff'. And I mean why not, maybe I'll come up with some sort of discovery someday and be totally famous for doing so.

Maybe you should think more Murex. Kidding:P

And I guess nothing is really insignigicant, I mean there is a reason for everything, but what is it?

Like the plastic things on the end of shoelaces...they are called aglets...I mean who named them that? And why? And how did they know to make them chewy?

--------------------
TO EACH THEIR OWN
****JENNY****

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1464269 - 04/16/03 03:20 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

"Are you people serious that I'm the only one thats ever thought about things like this?"

I certainly didn't say that...... I figured we all make these types of seemingly-random and seemingly-meaningless connections to solidify our core theories

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1464283 - 04/16/03 03:22 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I think a lot, but not about insignifagant things. I usually don't think about material possesions or anything like that. Try focusing your mind on nothing for a while- Your mind will get clearer afeterwards, and it will eliminate stress.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineJenherself
Just anotherchick

Re: Just a continuous brain fart [Re: Murex]
    #1464305 - 04/16/03 03:28 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

But if you read into what I had said I'm not really thinking about the materialistic things, its whats behind it and the comparison to my life or life itself that I'm thinking of. Cause believe me, I'm by far a materialistic person. I do know how to meditate....I do so everyday....Zen is a wonderful thing.

--------------------
TO EACH THEIR OWN
****JENNY****

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
    #1464564 - 04/16/03 04:38 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

your post reminded me of something i heard in an interview with Robert Anton Wilson...he says:

"Sit down as long as you can and think of as many aspects of the answer to the question "Why am I sitting here doing this exercise?"

"Well, I'm sitting here doing this exercise because I read about it in a book by Alistair Crowley, and he heard about it from a Buddhist monk in Ceylon.
Why did I read a book by Alistair Crowley?
Well because Alan Watts recommended a biography of Crowley."

After a while you come up with things like;

"I'm sitting here doing this exercise because the Scandinavians over-fished the North Sea in the fifth century and they couldn't make their living as fisherman any more so they turned to piracy, and that's why my grandmothers name was O'Laughlin, which means 'Son of the Dane' in Gaelic.

And then of course, ultimately you come to;
"...because the sun is the kind of star that has planets, and this is the one planet that we know of in the solar system that can support this kind of life."

If you try that exercise you should do it at least three times in a month to find out the infinite number of factors, coincidences, synchronicities, accidients, and utterly inexplicable connections you can find that explain why you're sitting here doing that exercise."

Edited by dee_N_ae (04/16/03 04:39 PM)

OfflineJenherself
Just anotherchick

Re: Just a continuous brain fart [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #1464609 - 04/16/03 04:52 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Thats great. And all this time I thought I was crazy.

There was also this exercise in this Zen book I read...it went like this....

Sit outside in a garden or a park, if possible. Adopt an upright but relaxed position and choose at random an object in front of you, such as a flower or a pine cone (or if indoors, a vase or a bowl).

Look at it steadily. Ignore its name and anything you know about it. Try to see it purely as a form occupying space. Each time your mind tries to think about the item, let the thought go. Note, without judgment, the objects color, texture and shape. Take it in as it is.

Try to concentrate on the item for 5 minutes. The object may suddenly lose all associations and becomes novel and strange (then again it may not). Either way, just engage in the act of seeing.

When I read this, I thought wow. I've done this before. By pure accident. Like how you just kinda get a 'staring problem' at an object but your not really thinking anything, then all of a sudden your staring at the object and a thought pops into your head like 'what is that called' you have totally become lost in the sight so to speak and something as simple as even a name doesn't matter. Has this happened to anyone else?

--------------------
TO EACH THEIR OWN
****JENNY****

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1464665 - 04/16/03 05:08 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I like that!

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #1488242 - 04/24/03 01:43 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Als antwoord op:

Has this happened to anyone else?

It has happened to me, i love how it reminds me how simple life really is.
It takes pain away.

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Re: Just a continuous brain fart [Re: Fliquid]
    #1489251 - 04/24/03 11:58 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

This one time, at band camp, (well, it wasn't at band camp, but I coulda sworn I heard music) you fell off your skateboard and landed flat on yer butt..  :wink: :wink:
Good times.... good times.. 

Enjoy those moments where the little things invade your thought process - it's not every day we get to charish them for what they are - just that - little things!  Everything is significate to the whole - no matter how small it may seem....

There's this cool new commercial on tv for a video game .. some RPG waste of time, but it starts out with this house with a tree laying on top of it which has smashed in the roof - it then goes in reverse from the tree flying up and re attaching to the tree to the developement of that area to the deconstruction of the house to the reverse-growing of the tree to eventually a little seed, which "jumps" off the ground up into a guys mouth which implies it was spat as he walked by open land ..  I hope that's a good enough description, because what I'm trying to say is maybe one day those Corelle dishes are going to have some massive impact on mankind because of just that - the unbreakableness of them...

I dunno..  I think it's time for bed.. 
(P.S. -  don't worry about the skateboard thing ..  we've all took our spills :wink: :laugh:)

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

OfflineJenherself
Just anotherchick

Re: Just a continuous brain fart [Re: nubious]
    #1495889 - 04/26/03 12:49 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Hey I'm proud about the skateboard incident...like I tell everyone, at least I didn't fall down the stairs drunk and damage myself...the skateboard thing just makes it kewl in a way.

--------------------
TO EACH THEIR OWN
****JENNY****

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag