Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop for:   Amazon Herb Grinder   eBay Lighters

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibletokewl4aname
Bong Etiquette
    #1464113 - 04/16/03 04:41 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I could write a book on proper etiquette, but lemme start with some of my main pet peeves.

1. Packing community bowls out of the bong (i.e. not snappers). I mean think about it bro. Just break up that community bowl into a bunch of "personals" and everyone gets a fresh green hit that taste great and you don?t have to worry about being passed a "smoking gun".

2. Not clearing the bong completely (girls are usually the ones who do this).
A. Passing a loaded weapon a.k.a. a bong full of smoke
b. starting to take a hit and then whatever your done sucking simply putting hand over the top of the bong to hold in the smoke, coughing then coming back to clear it is not good etiquette.

3. Pre-mature snapping of the bowl. Note: all herbs should be white or damn near white before snapping. People usually do this so that way the can snap "huge loads".

4. Too much water in the bong. I mean really. Who likes a mouthful of bong water? As a side note: When clearing the bong you need not suck your hardest its just getting water all up the side of the bong and plus the little pieces of weed that remain from infraction #3, will stick to the side of the bong. On that note

5. Cleaning on the bong is important: Every couple of days throw some rubbing alcohol and rice in the main tubes and swish around and for the smaller pieces use salt, it'll keep your piece looking, smelling and tasting primo. The more you do it the easier it will be to maintain. Eventually it'll only take a few mins to do.
A. for the love of god change the water in the bong before each session. It doesn't take that long and it?s dirty... matter of fact change mid-session if need be... i do.

6. Flame although it?s not directly related to the bong. Lighters are important. My personal choice is a standard large BIC though any BIC will work... I say BICS because they don?t have the cheap plastic posts that melt on the side. IF you refer back to rule #3 again, this is important as your going to have to almost continuously light the herb in order to get a thick nice cloud of THC and not pre-maturely snap the buds.

7. When hitting a bong take your time and suck SLOW. As you suck slowly the smoke becomes denser and denser and you want to pack as much smoke in the tube as possible. Side note: with non-glass on glass bowls it helps to push the bowl down fairly firm on the rubber grommet as the loose air the seeps in is useless.

8. And of course the herb itself. Don?t throw whole nugs in that puppy. The weed has trouble lighting as it is so dense and as a result, the smoke you pull up will be thin, even if you follow rule 7. So break up the herb as reasonably well careful too much, (like into powder) (i.e. coffee grinder) and the smoke will be too thick.

9. This is for the teenagers out there? wipe the inside of the bong as soon as you get it. It?s more than likely greasy after being pressed up against your homies face. If you get zits around your mouth its probably from this. Hell I have one right now because I slipped up a few days ago. And on this subject don?t drool into the bong, its dirt.

10. Don?t cough, it just looks bad. And the longer you hold the smoke in ... the higher your getting?. So to take that phat rip, suck slow, when the smoke gets to top, it should be a while, take a breath through your nose, clear the bong and hold the smoke, blow out a thin whisper of smoke, collect props from your homies.

Note: If you respect your bong don?t ever smoke stress from it. It tastes like dirt and probably won?t get you high and if it doesn't won't be for long. Plus it tastes like pure dirt.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
Re: Bong Etiquette [Re: tokewl4aname]
    #1464134 - 04/16/03 04:48 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

What's wrong with passing a "smoking gun?" I'd prefer it, because then I could clear it first, hit it, then clear my hit.

Only "rule," round here is to be mellow. All else is learned along the way and was years ago.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1464137 - 04/16/03 04:49 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

stress? snap?

you use odd slang.

and are incredibly picky. im glad i dont smoke with people like you ;p

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1464174 - 04/16/03 04:59 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Some of that I do- Like the breaking up of the nuggs, and not coughing, holding it in long and such. I understand this post, but I don't think ALL of it is nessasary, just the no-brainer stuff.........but I've encountered hardcore pot heads who don't follow any of those rules.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
    #1464182 - 04/16/03 05:01 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i can't agree with 2b. why? well, depending on the piece, it takes a lungfull of air to fill the chamber and burn the bowl white. that 1st lungfull is mostly air with a bit of thin smoke at the end. you exhale, pull slide/open carb, and take your hit. don't see what is wrong with that.

Invisibletokewl4aname
Re: Bong Etiquette [Re: debianlinux]
    #1464244 - 04/16/03 05:14 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

nothing at all thats what i said...
Etiquette isn't for some... Some have the "as long as I'm getting high why does it matter" attitude and for those people i invite you to continue smoking out of your corn cobs, apples and brass pipes. I guess since getting high isn't something i need to do and rather somethign i enjoy doing... i took the time to perfect the art. it like a sport and what i described is perfect form

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1464296 - 04/16/03 05:27 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

now, i DO agree with the rest of it. there's no way you could cash and clear my bong in one lungfull. you would break your own damn rules. BTW, I get high like 3 times a month if I'm lucky and while I don't enforce etiquette I do practice. maybe you meant to reply to Murex? learn to use Quick-Reply properly or don't use it at all. Also, what is the point in having some kind of ego-trip over how you smoke pot?

Offlinediggitydankman
No longer aCannabisConnoisseur

Loc: Michgan
    #1464312 - 04/16/03 05:31 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I sure do not know why you clean it so often. I sure as hell like to look at the wonderful colors it can change and how the is this gonna happen when you clean it every other day. My rule for pipes is smoke in it till it won't hit, then clean it.

--------------------
"It's only wrong if you get caught.
If consequences dictate
my course of action
I should play GOD."

Maynard James Keenan, Tool

Invisibletokewl4aname
Re: Bong Etiquette [Re: diggitydankman]
    #1464375 - 04/16/03 05:45 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

That is true resin build-up is vital for color to fill in but how many people have BONGS were resin accumulation makes a difference. Ive seen pipes, bubblers,etc... but not to often do i see a bong. PLus how are you going to see the smoke level and In my opinion its makes a noticeable difference in taste.

Then there is the argument of function verus asthetics.

Me personally i smoke out of a ROOR, so there are no colors to fill in just chamber.

Edited by tokewl4aname (04/16/03 05:46 PM)

Invisibletokewl4aname
    #1464387 - 04/16/03 05:47 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

debianlinux
the first line was for you but the rest for the general public. I hardly think I'm having an ego trip. SHould i have entitled it? this is how i smoke bud how about you? would that assure there would be no guff. Like i said...
Quote:

Etiquette isn't for some... Some have the "as long as I'm getting high why does it matter" attitude and for those people i invite you to continue smoking out of your corn cobs, apples and brass pipes. I guess since getting high isn't something i need to do and rather somethign i enjoy doing... i took the time to perfect the art. it like a sport and what i described is perfect form

Thats why i have an ego trip... i actually thought i was doing a service... but based on the negative responses... It seems quite a few people still hit brass pipes

Edited by tokewl4aname (04/16/03 05:48 PM)

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1464403 - 04/16/03 05:52 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I'm confused. I have nothing but beautiful, high-dollar artistic glass. I agree with everything but 2b and have a damn good reason for it. Rule 2b deserves an ammendment for particularly large-chambered bongs. Maybe I misunderstood your responses, I retract the ego-trip statement.

Invisibletokewl4aname
Re: Bong Etiquette [Re: debianlinux]
    #1464426 - 04/16/03 05:59 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

true it does need an amendment... but 10 kinda covers it . lemme clarify by saying taking: HALF A HIT then coughing, putting your hand.... is not proper etiquette. The key is that the methodical neatness is mantained

Edited by tokewl4aname (04/16/03 06:00 PM)

Offlinediggitydankman

#1464738 - 04/16/03 07:32 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

My buddies three footer is a two hit bong, and can not be done any other way.

Amendment for large bongs requiring a hit to fill and a hit to clear.

--------------------
If consequences dictate
my course of action
I should play GOD."

Invisibletokewl4aname
    #1464782 - 04/16/03 07:44 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

haha... o fo sure

Invisiblecortex
[ H ] ψ = [ E ] ψ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gedankenexperiment
    #1465486 - 04/16/03 11:40 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

10. Don?t cough, it just looks bad. And the longer you hold the smoke in ... the higher your getting?. So to take that phat rip, suck slow, when the smoke gets to top, it should be a while, take a breath through your nose, clear the bong and hold the smoke, blow out a thin whisper of smoke, collect props from your homies

if you don't cough, your taking pussy hits.

--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

OfflineCultyVader
Dark SporeApprentice

Re: Bong Etiquette [Re: cortex]
    #1465511 - 04/16/03 11:48 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Hey how do you not drool? I hate drooling but it always happens to me and its soooo embarrasing im ashamed of myself. Is there some understood technique out there im missing?

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1465931 - 04/17/03 01:49 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Overall, a good list, but a few that don't really matter. One being not clearly the bowl completely. Now, not all of us are blessed with great lungs (like me) and would rather inhale as much as I personally can without coughing it all up (because I'd rather get as much out of a toke as I can, instead of inhaling more than I can handle and then just coughing it all out...it's a waste). However, I think you're referring to when your toke is reaching it's end, and you take your finger off the rush hole (air hole, whatever you want to call it). It doesn't bother me if someone passes me the bong and it's pouring smoke out of it. Also, I pack the bowl usually to be enough for a few passes around 3 or 4 people. Some people would rather pack themselves a bowl, smoke it in one toke, and then let someone pack, but I'd rather pack a nice sized bowl and just let the bong make it's way around the group.
As for coughing, well, as long as you don't splutter into the bong, I have no problem with it. It happens sometimes, and it gets everyone laughing. What's REALLY funny is when everyone starts hacking and coughing at the same time (you know the horrible chronic cough you get when you inhaled WAY too much,and you think you're going to kneel over and die from coughing).

Edited by Sheepish (04/17/03 01:51 AM)

OfflineShrewDigsby
Toker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shrewtown somewhere near ...
Re: Bong Etiquette [Re: CultyVader]
    #1465936 - 04/17/03 01:50 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yep, can't agree w/ 2b either. Sometimes you can't take it all in on one breath...but it's important to pass a cleared bong. So finish your stale smoke and pass it.

And the coughing one's geh...your lungs are suckin in smoke. Sometimes you're going to cough......particularly w/ harsh weed...even in a bong

--------------------
Marijuana is a horticultural plant.  Hemp is an industrial weed.  I believe they were both provided to us by GOD to use and enjoy.

Offlinediggitydankman

Re: Bong Etiquette [Re: ShrewDigsby]
    #1465958 - 04/17/03 01:59 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

God damn, that gyrating ass is mesmerizing.

--------------------
If consequences dictate
my course of action
I should play GOD."

Edited by diggitydankman (04/17/03 01:59 AM)

OfflineShrewDigsby
Toker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shrewtown somewhere near ...
    #1465959 - 04/17/03 02:00 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

ain't it :laugh:

--------------------
Marijuana is a horticultural plant.  Hemp is an industrial weed.  I believe they were both provided to us by GOD to use and enjoy.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop for:   Amazon Herb Grinder   eBay Lighters

Community >> The Pub