Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBigdaddy
BLUNT!!
One flush then contam
    #1463473 - 04/16/03 11:04 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I posted another post a day or two ago asking why my dog had tons of little pins, with little to no response, I realized that most are not aborts. All of these small pins came after my dog picked the first small flush, about 10-12 shrooms. Everything was perfect!! Everything was colonizing like crazy and pinning, the sides of the terramium were moist, the temp around 77 degrees. Then today, my dog whines to me that it looks like things are getting contaminated. How could this occur? It always happens after he picks the first few shrooms, and then everything in the terrarium gets contaminated too it seems like. The contams are only in a small area, almost like where the first ones were picked. On two of the cups it is kind of gray in a small spot. One had a light brownish-yellow color in a spot. Any help would be great

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: One flush then contam [Re: Bigdaddy]
    #1463496 - 04/16/03 11:12 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

In order to receive specific answers to your questions you must provide details. What are you casing with? How is it being prepared? Fanning? Misting?

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Offlinegee_bone
Seeker FromNature

Re: One flush then contam [Re: dog]
    #1463501 - 04/16/03 11:14 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

The mycelium goes blue and then blackish.... sometimes a little green where you pick the shrooms.

Wait it out.

--------------------
Dissidents are punished far more by themselves than by society.

OfflineBigdaddy
BLUNT!!
Re: One flush then contam [Re: gee_bone]
    #1463790 - 04/16/03 12:46 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry dog,
First off, The BRF cake was used, and the casing is done using the Sea of Shrooms method in the little cups. I did exactly like i was supposed to, vermiculite bottom, crumbled cake, and Jiffy Mix top. It is a perlite humidified chamber, so I rarely ever mist, and I was fanning about once every 2-3 days.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1463845 - 04/16/03 01:04 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I was fanning about once every 2-3 days.

That is your problem. You should fan about 2-3 times a day. I have found that contamination is more common when there isn't enough air exchange.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflinePerk
The Myth...
Re: One flush then contam [Re: z@z.com]
    #1463880 - 04/16/03 01:22 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I'd have to agree with z@z.com that your amount of air exchange needs to be increased, however, I also have a dog that uses perlite and he fans once a day never having any contam. problems.

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #1464674 - 04/16/03 05:12 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

The z man is right. Not only does stagnant air favor contamination, it will cause scrawny, stunted fruits.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom