Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens?
    #14638122 - 06/19/11 02:35 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Id like to see even one person that believes they have been abducted or had close contact with intelligence from other planets.

:minifo::blazed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestranger_danger
psychonaut
Male

Loc: somewhere around here
Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: skatealex2] * 1
    #14638128 - 06/19/11 02:36 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

yes
but he rarely talks about it anymore
cause the more trashed i get and the more he talk about it, the more i rip on him for it

Invisibleuber_aj
Goodbye Shroomery!
Male

Loc: Much love to you all
Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: stranger_danger]
    #14638143 - 06/19/11 02:42 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I'd like to meet one whose abduction story wasn't suggested to him during hypnosis. I'd listen to that one.

OfflineDeliciousVinyl
Male

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: stranger_danger]
    #14638145 - 06/19/11 02:42 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

3 of my close friends swear they saw a black triangle type ship

super close to the top of the apartment buildings near them and then
in a flash it was gone

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: DeliciousVinyl]
    #14638150 - 06/19/11 02:45 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

:tinfoil: who wants to know

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: skatealex2]
    #14638157 - 06/19/11 02:46 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

my brother says that when he was a baby he was abducted by aliens and
'implanted with superhuman intelligence', if you knew my brother you'd
understand why this is so amusing, although when we were about 10-12 he
started talking about various means of obtaining faster than light travel,
space craft design, ways to overcome many issues he perceived  as problems in
that field... in the last 10 years I've pointed out that at least 3 of his
ideas are being implemented by nasa or in energy development which can later
be used for space exploration

InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

Loc: TX Flag
Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #14638169 - 06/19/11 02:49 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

My aunt, uncle, and cousin swear they saw a ting saucer land on there farm, a creature got out, and then get back in and fly off. No grass will grow in that spot anymore

--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery
Loc: Geospatial inversion.
Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: Legend]
    #14638172 - 06/19/11 02:51 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

legit27 said:
My aunt, uncle, and cousin swear they saw a ting saucer land on there farm, a creature got out, and then get back in and fly off. No grass will grow in that spot anymore

:awegroove:

OfflineDevlish2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loc: The Astral Realm 16,376AD
Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: Legend]
    #14638174 - 06/19/11 02:51 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I am an alien :alientransform:

--------------------
[]
Space is the place

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: DeliciousVinyl]
    #14638183 - 06/19/11 02:54 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DeliciousVinyl said:
3 of my close friends swear they saw a black triangle type ship

I've seen that too. About a year ago. Nobody believes me though. :sad:

--------------------

OfflineLustfulLinsanity
The Familiar Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: An island in the Pacific Flag
    #14638202 - 06/19/11 02:59 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I will nevere forget it, the experience has been seered into my memory... I was 13, we had just moved to Tucson, Arizona into a brand new house. I remember awaking in the middle of the night, completely paralyzed and with a sensation that made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. I noticed the fluorescent glow of brilliant blinding whit light shinning through the blinds of my window, and felt a surge of panic course through my body like an electric shock. I suddenly realized that there was a presence in my room, seemed like 3 shadowy figures just out of eyesight since i could not lift up my head, and could only swivel my eyes around from the laying down position. It was the most terryfing experience of my life. I dont remember anything after that, until... I awoke with a fluorescent white light shining brightly in my face, i knew i was no longer in my bedroom, and had the feeling that the gravity had suddenly lessened. The next thing that happened was i was bombarded with soothing psychic waves of compassion. I couldnt see anything but i knew that what ever was happening or whatever was going to happen that i would be alright and that everything was wonderful and beautiful. i was next introduced to a very human like being, the only noticable difference was that he had slightly bigger eyes, just slightly with slits, and pointed teeth. All of the conversation went on in my head. They ended up teaching me several valuable things about the planet, such as one day the oceans and waters of our earth would become toxic and that certain individuals would be trained to use purification techniques to help cleanse the earth. They said they would return when im older to further my training and that i was chosen for this task. I still await their second arrival...

--------------------

I wish to become enlightened, to know bliss, to be a pure expression of joy, to slake my insatiable thirst.

Offlinemushiefeet
Soggy Sock's Rainy Day's
Male

Loc: Washington State Flag
Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: Eminence]
    #14638209 - 06/19/11 03:02 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

My sisters and I swear we saw a tall dark skinny creature walking out on our drive way when we were up in the mountains camping at my cabin. No lie we were up on the deck it walks out at like 2 am no sound and goes right off a huge ledge and its gone. Scary because that night was a huge metor shower and there was a huge flash by a mountain just hours before. it was the middle of the week and no one was around too thats the scary part. Also where it was walking in the day there were tiny perfect circles in the ground where whatever it was stepped.:trippnballs:
Still sends shivers down all of our spines

InvisibleEminence
Male

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: LustfulLinsanity]
    #14638224 - 06/19/11 03:06 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Couldn't have been sleep paralysis?

--------------------

Offlinepouihi
Mary Jane Doe
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: mushiefeet]
    #14638227 - 06/19/11 03:07 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I've seen a ufo a couple of years ago but he didn't take me for a ride.

--------------------

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite."

Offlinenice1
Not the droid your looking for
 User Gallery

Loc: earth
Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: skatealex2]
    #14638236 - 06/19/11 03:10 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I've spoke in person to an abductee who I know was not bullshitting me and I also stood very close to a landed UFO which was most likely an alien ship.  I think that because it was so different from human technology and I have seen reports of very similar looking craft by people who were lucky or unfortunate enough (depending on how you look at it) to meet the occupants.

Quote:

I'd like to meet one whose abduction story wasn't suggested to him during hypnosis. I'd listen to that one.

Theres hundreds if not thousands of them.  I've researched the topic in depth after having my own encounter (as u can imagine it leads you to further research) I know of hundreds of contact experiences that don't involve hypnosis.  I also disregard sleep paralysis cases.  Theres plenty of cases that cannot be explained away with S.P or as just hypnosis tales.

InvisibleMad_Larkin

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: uber_aj]
    #14638238 - 06/19/11 03:10 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

uber_aj said:

http://www.theparacast.com/podcast/august-8-2006-jeff-ritzmann/

Check out this guy. The podcast is littered with fucking annoying ad breaks but his story is really interesting and believeable.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: Mad_Larkin]
    #14638253 - 06/19/11 03:13 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I'm willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt (at least) until I speak with them personally. Until then it seems pretty much irrelevant

InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: mushiefeet]
    #14638257 - 06/19/11 03:13 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mushiefeet said:
My sisters and I swear we saw a tall dark skinny creature walking out on our drive way when we were up in the mountains camping at my cabin. No lie we were up on the deck it walks out at like 2 am no sound and goes right off a huge ledge and its gone. Scary because that night was a huge metor shower and there was a huge flash by a mountain just hours before. it was the middle of the week and no one was around too thats the scary part. Also where it was walking in the day there were tiny perfect circles in the ground where whatever it was stepped.:trippnballs:

my friend was telling me he saw a guy like this, but he was a really pale white, and there was a couple of them. It gave him a strange feeling when they  made eyecontact.

--------------------
[url=
Are you lost?

InvisibleMad_Larkin

#14638258 - 06/19/11 03:13 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mushiefeet said:

The unknown is :feelsweirdman: and :feelsgoodman: at the same time.

InvisibleThat Cenex Guy
The Dark Defender
Male

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: Mad_Larkin]
    #14638333 - 06/19/11 03:29 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

So many different stories of people that will swear on their lives they saw aliens and the aliens look completely different in many of these stories.

What's so special about Earth that many different alien civilizations would want to visit it/creep on people here?

Not only does there seem to be many different types, but how come none of them will straight up walk out and give a friendly wave hello or anything? Why would they all try to be as sneaky as possible and stay hidden? You would think some of them would take a different approach, since they're from different planets, and either make some actual direct contact, or go on a killing spree if they're hostile, yet by all reports, they all behave in the same way.

InvisibleMad_Larkin

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: That Cenex Guy]
    #14638363 - 06/19/11 03:36 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think aliens are actually beings from other planets. Imo, they're something similar to the "elves and faeries" of the 1800s.

It's either some "trickster force" that just enjoys fucking with humans or something deep in our own consciousness/subconscious that manifests into the material world.

Whatever the alien abduction phenomena is, it can't be reduced to "space vistors" and nor can it be reduced to a purely psychological phenomena. 

I think extraterrestrials DO exist, I just think the vastness of space prevents them from reaching out to us.

Invisiblelinkamathingy
Aspiring Mycologist

#14638371 - 06/19/11 03:37 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

skatealex2 said:
Id like to see even one person that believes they have been abducted or had close contact with intelligence from other planets.

:minifo::blazed:

watch fire in the sky, supposed to be based on a true story.

--------------------
SCIENCE!!!
If NIST didn't even investigate whether explosives were used, how can we trust their investigation? It's a rule whenever explosions are heard.
Though I Laugh
EyegasmArt.com
anonymous: without name
Anonymous: a group with a name
don't be fooled, have a revolution on your own terms.

InvisibleMad_Larkin

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: linkamathingy]
    #14638388 - 06/19/11 03:41 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

No, don't watch Fire in the Sky. It totally warps Travis Walton's experiences into a mediocre horror movie.

Invisiblelinkamathingy
Aspiring Mycologist

#14638433 - 06/19/11 03:52 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

travis walton supposed to have been abducted by aliens?

why wouldn't other civilizations in our universe be able to traverse space to come to our planet, and have the diversity to have a few who would want to experiment on us?

--------------------
SCIENCE!!!
If NIST didn't even investigate whether explosives were used, how can we trust their investigation? It's a rule whenever explosions are heard.
Though I Laugh
EyegasmArt.com

InvisibleEminence
Male

#14638450 - 06/19/11 03:57 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mad_Larkin said:
  I think extraterrestrials DO exist, I just think the vastness of space prevents them from reaching out to us.

People from NASA have said they've seen monoliths on the moon though.

--------------------

InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: Eminence]
    #14638469 - 06/19/11 04:01 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

frylock91 said:
Quote:

Mad_Larkin said:

Buzz aldrin second man on the moon, supposedly said something along the lines of seeing UFO's following them, and various other people have claimed simila. Also civilizations on the mood warning us off. Some of these cases have been disproven though.
Interesting none the less.

--------------------
[url=
Are you lost?

Invisiblelinkamathingy
Aspiring Mycologist

#14638476 - 06/19/11 04:03 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

if someone were to conclude that there are extraterrestrials who can experiment on them from something someone said to them they would freak out. they have to come to the realization themselves. i don't think you can convince people of this.

--------------------
SCIENCE!!!
Though I Laugh
EyegasmArt.com

InvisibleEminence
Male

#14638480 - 06/19/11 04:04 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Do you know which ones have been disproven?

--------------------

InvisibleMad_Larkin

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: linkamathingy]
    #14638485 - 06/19/11 04:05 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

linkamathingy said:

why wouldn't other civilizations in our universe be able to traverse space to come to our planet, and have the diversity to have a few who would want to experiment on us?

Because they'd need technology that we can't even comprehend (never mind create) in order to travel thousands of lightyears in a reasonable enough amount of time to make the journey worth it. In other words: to not die of old age en route.

And if we assume they have that technology; why all the archaic and outdated surgical techniques? Removal of fetuses, tissues, bodily fluids... and the insertion of implants.

It's interesting to note that one of the favourited pasttimes of "faeries" in folklore is to steal babies. Coincidence?

Also, some shamans (I can't remember which, members of certain S. American tribes, I think) say that when they contact to the "spirit world" that sometimes the "spirits" will implant a crystal inside their body which gives them knowledge or spiritual power. Weird, innit?

Invisiblelinkamathingy
Aspiring Mycologist

#14638511 - 06/19/11 04:12 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mad_Larkin said:
Quote:

linkamathingy said:

Because they'd need technology that we can't even comprehend (never mind create) in order to travel thousands of lightyears in a reasonable enough amount of time to make the journey worth it. In other words: to not die of old age en route.

And if we assume they have that technology; why all the archaic and outdated surgical techniques? Removal of fetuses, tissues, bodily fluids... and implants.

It's interesting to note that one of the favourited pasttimes of "faeries" in folklore is to steal babies. Coincidence?

Also, some shamans (I can't remember which, members of certain S. American tribes, I think) say that when they contact to the "spirit world" that sometimes the "spirits" will implant a crystal inside their body which gives them knowledge or spiritual power. Weird, innit?

from our paradigm of technology and science that's impossible, but it's highly probable we're not the most advanced civilization in the universe.

what seems archaic to us may be fun for the scientist of another civilization. experimentation and playing god are universal of scientists.

--------------------
SCIENCE!!!
Though I Laugh
EyegasmArt.com

Offlinesharkeye
Male

#14638517 - 06/19/11 04:13 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Why do they probe our butts?!:beavis1:

OfflineVsnares.Zappa
bend over

#14638523 - 06/19/11 04:14 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

In order to travel huge distances in space you need a technology that can bend Time/space.We havent discovered this technology as far as we know.

Quote:

legit27 said:
Quote:

frylock91 said:
Quote:

Mad_Larkin said:

Buzz aldrin second man on the moon, supposedly said something along the lines of seeing UFO's following them, and various other people have claimed simila. Also civilizations on the mood warning us off. Some of these cases have been disproven though.
Interesting none the less.

:learyharvard:

InvisibleMad_Larkin

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: sharkeye]
    #14638531 - 06/19/11 04:16 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

linkamathingy said:
from our paradigm of technology and science that's impossible, but it's highly probable we're not the most advanced civilization in the universe.

Obviously, but our ability to ponder and theorise is top notch. Nobody has overcome the limitations of special relativity just yet.

Quote:

what seems archaic to us may be fun for the scientist of another civilization. experimentation and playing god are universal of scientists.

A mentality like that allows you to believe anything.
Quote:

sharkeye said:
Why do they probe our butts?!:beavis1:

Because it :feelsgoodman:

Invisiblelinkamathingy
Aspiring Mycologist

#14638550 - 06/19/11 04:20 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

linkamathingy said:
if someone were to conclude that there are extraterrestrials who can experiment on them from something someone said to them they would freak out. they have to come to the realization themselves. i don't think you can convince people of this.

i remember when i heard aliens were based on the moon. i freaked out because it hadn't occurred to me. i thought maybe they flew to us from afar to study, but the proximity was a little too much for me.

mentality such as? i can believe anything. i also choose what to believe.

--------------------
SCIENCE!!!
Though I Laugh
EyegasmArt.com

OfflineLustfulLinsanity
The Familiar Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: An island in the Pacific Flag
    #14638588 - 06/19/11 04:28 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Theres claims that the moon is actually hollow, they said it rang like a dinner bell when the crafts landed on its surface, that the moon is actually a satellite.

It is only a matter of time before aliens are disclosed. in 2010 the Vatican even prepared its many catholic followers for this disclosure by announcing that aliens would be a our fellow brothers, children of god, and that if they came here they could be baptized.

--------------------

I wish to become enlightened, to know bliss, to be a pure expression of joy, to slake my insatiable thirst.

OfflineVsnares.Zappa
bend over

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: LustfulLinsanity]
    #14638630 - 06/19/11 04:39 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Sometimes I wonder, if there is other civilisations in the universe,do they go through the same shit as we do ? Pollution,wars,destruction etc.
If yes, then its a natural stage of developpement in wich the species has to overcome in order to progress ?

Or are all civilisations  doomed from the start ? if yes, then the universe makes no sense lol

:bobmarley:
we'll never know I guess

Edited by Vsnares.Zappa (06/19/11 04:39 PM)

InvisibleMad_Larkin

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: Vsnares.Zappa]
    #14638679 - 06/19/11 04:51 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I think war is probably a universal phenomenon. At its roots it's an extension of the fight for survival and natural selection, every higher organism has the "fight or flight" and "kill or be killed" mentality to some extent.

It's just part of making it in the world.

OfflineVsnares.Zappa
bend over

#14638766 - 06/19/11 05:08 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

But in the end, its this behavioral operating system that is dooming the species. Paradoxical eh ?

InvisibleMad_Larkin

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: Vsnares.Zappa]
    #14638806 - 06/19/11 05:17 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know that it is dooming us, it's fucked up for sure but like someone posted earlier today, Tchan I think, there's 7,000,000,000 people on the planet and the amount of people killed in the last century by wars and genocide is "only" 232 million. We're doing quite well as a species despite war.

Whether we'll end up annihilating ourselves in a nuclear apocalypse, I think that danger has passed with the end of the Cold War. It isn't gonna happen unless there's some massive blunder with international relations or something.

OfflineVsnares.Zappa
bend over

#14638849 - 06/19/11 05:28 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

What about the destruction of the biodiversity and pollution of the oceans. or over-population.deforestation. these are not sustainable way of living.but we needed to act this way in order to achieve technological progress.Also, a certain degree of technological progress has to be achieved in order to comprehend the consequences of said progress.

We are acting  this way out of necessity as you've stated.It seems to me that it would be the same for any civilisation that could exist elsewhere.Also, darwin's theory of evolution explain that species tend to evolve in order to survive more easily.since the human brain is the best tool for survival maybe humans could develop elsewhere,thus recreating the same story again endlessly throughout the universe. :thousandisland:

Edited by Vsnares.Zappa (06/19/11 05:31 PM)

Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: Mad_Larkin] * 2
    #14638882 - 06/19/11 05:37 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think faster than light travel is outside our science or current understand at all.  We've had success with teleporting light and its been conjectured it could be scaled up to molecules and so on.

Our understanding of gravity is rudimentary, but you know how it goes, things move quick.

I don't think most aliens would have anything at all in common with humans.  I think survival of the fittest is probably just something that happens in some places, and i think questioning about alien wars or pollution is goofy.  Life probably is organized around totally different chemical processes elsewhere.  Fuck maybe most aliens are made out of ultra low frequency radio waves.
If all these humanoid aliens are running around, i figure its probably some sort of projection.  I doubt we can even perceive aliens directly with our eyes.

--------------------

InvisibleMad_Larkin

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: Vsnares.Zappa] * 1
    #14638889 - 06/19/11 05:38 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Vsnares.Zappa said:
What about the destruction of the biodiversity and pollution of the oceans. or over-population.deforestation. these are not sustainable way of living.but we needed to act this way in order to achieve technological progress.Also, a certain degree of technological progress has to be achieved in order to comprehend the consequences of said progress.

We are acting  this way out of necessity as you've stated.It seems to me that it would be the same for any civilisation that could exist elsewhere.Also, darwin's theory of evolution explain that species tend to evolve in order to survive more easily.since the human brain is the best tool for survival maybe humans could develop elsewhere,thus recreating the same story again endlessly throughout the universe. :thousandisland:

Interesting post brah, maybe the universe is just a runnaway train after all? If we destroy ourselves and a thousand other planets and a billion other species it doesn't actually matter because we're living in a godless universe where the only rules are the rules of physics.

Maybe technological progress is a fools mission. Maybe the ideal way to live it to live sustainably off the land, hunting and gathering and having the least impact on the ecosystem that you can manage. Maybe technologically advanced species have realised this and gone back to nature? Maybe that's the paradoxical "prodigal son's journey" of technological advancement, you realise at the end that it wasn't necessary in the first place.

Just throwing out ideas, take this with a grain of salt. :awehigh:

Edited by Mad_Larkin (06/19/11 05:40 PM)

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #14638890 - 06/19/11 05:38 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Ive been abducted but Im not comfortable talking about that experience in depth or even reminiscing on it too much.

OfflineVsnares.Zappa
bend over

#14638920 - 06/19/11 05:47 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I think we're onto something :awethumb:

(the funniest part is we're discussing this through hyper-technological means  :aweythan:  )

InvisibleEminence
Male

#14638925 - 06/19/11 05:48 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mad_Larkin said:
Check out this guy. The podcast is littered with fucking annoying ad breaks but his story is really interesting and believeable.

That was really really interesting, I listened to the whole thing.

--------------------

Invisiblelinkamathingy
Aspiring Mycologist

#14638961 - 06/19/11 05:54 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

you guys definitely sound like you think the mind or soul doesn't exist.

here's two good videos on it related to the sciences.

http://www.naturalnews.tv/v.asp?v=E3B38227225F9FC62BAEA9CC81BE1D12

#

--------------------
SCIENCE!!!
Though I Laugh
EyegasmArt.com

InvisibleMad_Larkin

#14638993 - 06/19/11 06:00 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Vsnares.Zappa said:
I think we're onto something :awethumb:

(the funniest part is we're discussing this through hyper-technological means  :aweythan:  )

Say what you will about the Universe, it sure loves irony. :awehigh:

Quote:

frylock91 said:
Quote:

Mad_Larkin said:

That was really really interesting, I listened to the whole thing.

Excellent. If you're interested in more of his stuff he actually has a podcast of his own, really good stuff on there, interviews with Dennis McKenna, Whitley Strieber, a shitload of well known people from the UFO field, philosophers... I think they had a astrophysicist on there at one point.

http://www.paratopia.net/

Check out the old episodes, they're all great. Done with a lot of humour and very entertaining.

Edited by Mad_Larkin (06/19/11 06:05 PM)

Invisibleuber_aj
Goodbye Shroomery!
Male

Loc: Much love to you all
Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: Mad_Larkin] * 1
    #14640230 - 06/19/11 10:37 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mad_Larkin said:
Maybe technological progress is a fools mission. Maybe the ideal way to live it to live sustainably off the land, hunting and gathering and having the least impact on the ecosystem that you can manage. Maybe technologically advanced species have realised this and gone back to nature? Maybe that's the paradoxical "prodigal son's journey" of technological advancement, you realise at the end that it wasn't necessary in the first place.

Look at the native americans. In the morning they went fishing, during the day they went hunting, at night they fucked their wives and hit the peace pipe jammin' out around a camp fire... you might be onto something!

Still it's like the greatest :facepalm: of all time to have the ability to explore the stars but not do it. Just started listening to this podcast, thanks for the link!

Offlinenice1
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #14641356 - 06/20/11 04:53 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MisterMuscaria said:
Ive been abducted but Im not comfortable talking about that experience in depth or even reminiscing on it too much.

Thats a shame I'd love to read anything you are willing to share.

The Travis Walton case is a particularly good one IMO.  There was no hypnosis used.  There were multiple witnesses, who passed lie detector tests... except one guy who did not get along with Travis.  His test was inconclusive.

The police thought this guy had murdered him and were accusing him of the murder yet he still maintained, along with everyone else that Travis had approached a huge hovering craft in the words and was shot and taken by it.  If Travis story was made up - you would think this guy who hated him and was accused of his murder would of told the truth at this point, if he was lying but it seems none of them were lying.

The police searched the area using sniffer dogs and his trail stopped at the location the witnesses saw him taken.  Travis Turns up several days later near the woods.  Thinking it was still the same night!  He passed lie detector tests several times and has never changed his account to this day.

Its pretty hard to dismiss.  Its always the same entities as well, the greys...

This one is mad...

Thing that freaks me is the drawings are very similar to the craft that landed 50 feet away from me!  Same shape and had the same porthole lights all around the bottom, same size in proportion to the craft that all the kids drew.  :eek:  This leads me to speculate the one I saw could of been a gray ship.

Offlinesunset_mission
Entheonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: NYC (Intra Deitate...)
Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: nice1]
    #14641365 - 06/20/11 05:02 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I'm going to have to give that podcast a thorough listen later on today.

As for alien abductions, I've never been the abductee.

I have, however, taken many aboard my craft towards Zeta Reticuli :aliendance:

Offlinepropensity
۞̷ ̶۞̷ ̶
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Bedrock America
    #14641374 - 06/20/11 05:11 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mad_Larkin said:
Quote:

linkamathingy said:

And if we assume they have that technology; why all the archaic and outdated surgical techniques? Removal of fetuses, tissues, bodily fluids... and the insertion of implants.

You make a lot of interesting points here which I haven't ever heard or thought of

Thanks Larkin :thumbup:

--------------------

۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢ www.cactophage.com ۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢
̸ۨ͜۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟Dolphins of Dank۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆

Offlinesunset_mission
Entheonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: propensity]
    #14641401 - 06/20/11 05:30 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

propensity said:
Quote:

Mad_Larkin said:
Quote:

linkamathingy said:

You make a lot of interesting points here which I haven't ever heard or thought of

Thanks Larkin :thumbup:

If we are to assume that these beings are of vastly superior technological standing, then we must also assume that they are vastly superior in all other areas, including mastery of their own minds (let us assume that they do not operate at a mere 10% of their brain powers like certain "intelligent" apes on this planet do). Would then, it not be inconceivable that they may travel to any point in the universe simply by thought?

There are ways to come into contact with and communicate with beings one would deem "extra-terrestrial" or extra-dimensional.

It is called channeling.

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: sunset_mission]
    #14641470 - 06/20/11 06:09 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I've been having sleep paralysis on a regular basis since I was 15. Every time I've ever opened my eyes during it I've had typical greys standing over me. There's always one that is literally face to face (a few inches away) at first. The rest of the dreams are always foggy and hard to remember. I've never "interacted" with them, I usually wake up from the shock of seeing them soon after I first open my eyes.

The first time it happened I encountered the short greys with the rectangular eyes that are horizontally positioned. Every other time since then it has been the tall greys with the slanted almond shaped eyes.

My dreams are probably due to my dad letting me watch "Sightings" and other such shows as a child.

Quote:

sunset_mission said:
(let us assume that they do not operate at a mere 10% of their brain powers like certain "intelligent" apes on this planet do)

The claim that humans only use 10% of their brain is a myth.

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

Edited by BlimeyGrimey (06/20/11 06:52 AM)

InvisibleMad_Larkin

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: nice1]
    #14641476 - 06/20/11 06:13 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

nice1 said:
Quote:

MisterMuscaria said:

Thats a shame I'd love to read anything you are willing to share.

The Travis Walton case is a particularly good one IMO.  There was no hypnosis used.  There were multiple witnesses, who passed lie detector tests... except one guy who did not get along with Travis.  His test was inconclusive.

The police thought this guy had murdered him and were accusing him of the murder yet he still maintained, along with everyone else that Travis had approached a huge hovering craft in the words and was shot and taken by it.  If Travis story was made up - you would think this guy who hated him and was accused of his murder would of told the truth at this point, if he was lying but it seems none of them were lying.

The police searched the area using sniffer dogs and his trail stopped at the location the witnesses saw him taken.  Travis Turns up several days later near the woods.  Thinking it was still the same night!  He passed lie detector tests several times and has never changed his account to this day.

Its pretty hard to dismiss.  Its always the same entities as well, the greys...

This one is mad...

Thing that freaks me is the drawings are very similar to the craft that landed 50 feet away from me!  Same shape and had the same porthole lights all around the bottom, same size in proportion to the craft that all the kids drew.  :eek:  This leads me to speculate the one I saw could of been a gray ship.

I'm not a huge fan of the "extraterrestrial hypothosis", as you might have noticed, but if there's one case that I think points very convincingly towards ET's, its the Travis Walton case.
:etbig:

Offlinenice1
 User Gallery

#14641487 - 06/20/11 06:21 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

They could be extra dimensional or us from the future or live under our surface, or under mars surface.  Theres some mad theories :cool:

Your theory is similar to Jacques Vallée?  I think he believes its one entity responsible for aliens, fairies, ghosts etc that can present itself however it likes.  Is that what you tend to go with?  Or you think its all one facet of human imagination?

InvisibleMad_Larkin

#14641499 - 06/20/11 06:28 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I roughly go with the Jacques Vallee "trickster" school of thought. Although I don't discount that aliens could be from another dimension and could cross over to our dimension at will. Human consciousness or thought or intent could be like a "beacon" for them to home in on.

Either way, I think the vast majority of these entities do not come from outer space.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#14641512 - 06/20/11 06:37 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

My aunt Mathilda, may God have mercy on her soul, told me her cunt got abducted by aliens. She said she didnt want to talk about it so I have no details.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: Asante]
    #14641542 - 06/20/11 06:51 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Reptilians like to shop at grocery stores.

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

OfflineJonnyBtreed
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Northeast
Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: Asante]
    #14641574 - 06/20/11 07:07 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

They way I've always figured about aliens in regard to wanting to contact us is - If they are super intelligent beings, which I assume at least some would be, why would they even care about making themselves known to us? In some cases it might even put themselves at risk. We are a very impulsive and self-destructive species.

In fact why would we even be worthy of communicating with? Here on earth they're millions of forms of life, many of which we don't care about in the least. Many of which we wage an ever continuing battle with every day. We destroy billions of minuscule lifeforms every day. From bacterias, molds, and viruses which threaten us, to major forms of life such as people, intelligent animals, and 1000+ year old trees. What makes this ok? Nothing, except the ability to justify it to ourselves. They are holding us back from what we want to do,o r they are a threat to our survival.

Take an anthill. Most people who see an anthill in their yard ignore it. When it moves closer to the house it starts to become a threat, if you start to see ants in your house, then you figure out a way to destroy them. This is an organized form of life, on our own planet, within 100 ft. of your own house. We know they operate on pheromones and chemical indicators, but instead of using that knowledge to create something that would make them want to re-locate, we focus on methods of destruction. Hundreds of methods of destruction.

Why? Simply because we consider them a lower form of life, unworthy of communication or reasoning.

I can't see aliens thinking of us as anything different.

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: JonnyBtreed]
    #14641586 - 06/20/11 07:15 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I wouldn't say they "abducted" me at all; actually, the feelings I was filled with were awe and gratitude at being granted an exceptionally flattering invitation.  It isn't exactly every day that extracorporeal beings invite you to explore them - and be explored by them.

Then again, ingesting massive quantities of DMT isn't part of my usual day either ...

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: JonnyBtreed]
    #14641589 - 06/20/11 07:16 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Why? Simply because we consider them a lower form of life, unworthy of communication or reasoning.

I can't see aliens thinking of us as anything different.

We can be used as sextoy slaves, ants cannot.

Ever wondered about those anal probes?

No science in there at all. Teledildonics. Those fucking grays enjoy doing that and they prolly were shooting a porno.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #14641590 - 06/20/11 07:17 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

JonnyBtreed said:
We know they operate on pheromones and chemical indicators, but instead of using that knowledge to create something that would make them want to re-locate, we focus on methods of destruction.

There has been research into specific hydrocarbons that can be sprayed on ants to make them turn on each other. Since the ants each have the same hydrocarbon coating on them that identifies them as part of a certain colony, spraying them with a different one will make members of the same colony attack each other.

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
We can be used as sextoy slaves, ants cannot.

Maybe they are trying to splice our DNA with theirs so they can have boobies too.

Big grey floppy boobies.  :boobs:

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #14641595 - 06/20/11 07:20 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Some cosmic whorehouse UFO is going to do a flyby and our whole species will be scooped up to serve as sex toys for grays with a human fetish.

Now imagine Alex Jones shouting that through a bullhorn at the Bilderburgers

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #14641617 - 06/20/11 07:27 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

To answer the initial question, personally I can't think of a decent justification for an extraterrestrial civilization to bother with the vastly enormous investment necessary to vacation at Universal Studios.  Spaceflight is hugely expensive, interplanetary travel is an order of magnitude moreso, and the expense of interstellar travel is orders of magnitude beyond that.

I certainly hope a practical method of interstellar travel is waiting to be discovered, but I'll let someone else argue with Einstein on that question.

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #14641672 - 06/20/11 07:44 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Now imagine Alex Jones shouting that through a bullhorn at the Bilderburgers

I was :goodmorning:, then I read the text above, then I almost  :spitwater:.

--------------------

Offlinenice1
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: the spiral]
    #14641694 - 06/20/11 07:57 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

the spiral said:
To answer the initial question, personally I can't think of a decent justification for an extraterrestrial civilization to bother with the vastly enormous investment necessary to vacation at Universal Studios.  Spaceflight is hugely expensive, interplanetary travel is an order of magnitude moreso, and the expense of interstellar travel is orders of magnitude beyond that.

I certainly hope a practical method of interstellar travel is waiting to be discovered, but I'll let someone else argue with Einstein on that question.

Reverse thought.  See your thinking "by our current knowledge it would be difficult for an alien to get here & why would they"

But what you should be thinking is this "Why are so many credible people like pilots, seeing massive advanced space craft and why are people, in every culture, in everytime been visited by beings".

You don't have to assume they are alien.  the could live under our surface for all we know or come from the dark side of the moon.  Who knows?  Why would they visit us?  Who knows but why do we study insects?  Because curiosity is a part of being alive and intelligent.

It doesn't matter wither way.  Backwards thought is useless.  What matters is what are these advanced craft with strange looking occupants and where do they come from?

They are real because they are picked up on radar, they leave physical traces.  Maybe some of them are our secret craft but do we really have secret craft that advanced that we pilot with little grey men?  Its a mystery but a very real one and thats why its so intriguing to us.

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #14641708 - 06/20/11 08:04 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

nice1 said:
But what you should be thinking is this "Why are so many credible people like pilots, seeing massive advanced space craft and why are people, in every culture, in everytime been visited by beings".

Or it is a psychological phenomenon that is an inherent part of the human mind. Kind of like the "God helmet" phenomenon that produces spiritual experiences.

--------------------

Offlinenice1
 User Gallery

#14641812 - 06/20/11 08:39 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

These things have been shown to be physical.  Theres thousands of pilot sightings where the people have multiple corroborating radar reports of the craft.

Theres hundreds of close encounters that have been shown to of left trace evidence of the craft such as radiation and dead plant life.

Theres even objects collected that have been dropped by the vehicles such as the Bob White object.

Theres far to much data showing they are physical.  IMO if they were souly a psychological phenomena then none of this would exist.  If it was psychological then there should be no radar confirmed sightings, no radiation left, no dead plants etc etc

The only part of this phenomena that IS psychological IMO is the abduction claims that are clearly just sleep paralysis.  However, there are so many ecounters that happen with multiple witnesses or while the people are wide awake, driving etc that this does not explain ALL abduction cases.

InvisibleMad_Larkin

#14641819 - 06/20/11 08:42 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Just checked out the Bob White object and in my expert opinion it's a fossilised dragon penis.

EDIT: you just added a video about the "dragon's triangle". :lolsy:

Edited by Mad_Larkin (06/20/11 08:43 AM)

Offlinenice1
 User Gallery

#14641827 - 06/20/11 08:44 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yup def a penis :lol:

BTW they have also been scanning our nuclear weapons bases.  They have shut down 10 independant minute men missiles with a beam of light...  all sorts of physical evidence exists...

Edited by nice1 (06/20/11 09:04 AM)

Offlinedesant
Pleiadian Revolutionary
Male

Loc: Aether
    #14641913 - 06/20/11 09:13 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

why so many people (peasants) belive that alien are soo sooo superior to them that we must lick their asses?

Maybe they are superior to That Cenex Guy the spiral but by far not to all people on theis planet

Another food for thought, they are advanced, very advanced but not in all respect - mostly physical and metaphysical but certainly no spiritual :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery
Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: desant]
    #14641923 - 06/20/11 09:15 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

desant said:
why so many people (peasants) belive that alien are soo sooo superior to them that we must lick their asses?

Maybe they are superior to That Cenex Guy the spiral but by far not to all people on theis planet

Another food for thought, they are advanced, very advanced but not in all respect - mostly physical and metaphysical but certainly no spiritual :shrug:

Well other then our brain we are pretty futile as a species. It's not like we have steel strong yaws or can run at 200km/ph

And considering most of us are just plain retarded we are pretty futile as a whole :kingtard:

Offlinenice1
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: desant]
    #14641935 - 06/20/11 09:18 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Which species of alien?  :yesnod:  Personally, I have no idea how spiritually or technologically advanced they are.  I don't even know if they are aliens.

All I know with reasonable certainty is the advanced craft are real and physical & weird looking things that ain't human seem to be piloting them.

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery
    #14641944 - 06/20/11 09:20 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I really hope it'll be something like this

and i'll be kenny :datass:

InvisibleMad_Larkin

#14641964 - 06/20/11 09:24 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

nice1 said:
Which species of alien?  :yesnod:  Personally, I have no idea how spiritually or technologically advanced they are.  I don't even know if they are aliens.

All I know with reasonable certainty is the advanced craft are real and physical & weird looking things that ain't human seem to be piloting them.

Quoted for agnosticism. :awesome:

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14642080 - 06/20/11 09:52 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

The idea of some form of "life" that makes its living in the Earth's mantle, to cite an example of yours Nice1 , is something I've found intriguing - titillating even - for a long time now.

The 'physical evidence' you mention, as I'm sure you are aware, is at best highly controversial and at worst blatantly fraudulent.  Yes, there is a lot of it, but even I have seen flashing lights in the sky from an airplane (a float plane in Alaska).  They turned out to be completely terrestrial in origin, though I kinda wish I had never found that out. 

Venturing into xenopsychology is never a good idea, but nonetheless, I fail to understand why an extraterrestrial civilization would choose to travel hundreds or thousands of light years just so they could be as ambiguous as possible messing around with the stupid humans.  Maybe they have a terrific sense of humor, and maybe the type of psychology a species requires to build interstellar ships also makes them extremely shy, but those are crazy awkward maybes.  Why not just land?  And how you do they manage to remain undetectable in orbit - especially in the microwave/UV/IR/radio spectra?  Thus far, the lack of landings on the white house lawn and our inability thus far to find evidence of large extraterrestrial radio transmitters (whose messages would arrive far faster than any ship and would be incredibly inexpensive in comparison to building a starship)  that I wonder why a civilization investing in these ventures would go about it the way we have to speculate they are.  Even more concerning is the problem that there are probably ten thousand technical civilizations in our galaxy who, if they are spacefaring, must share the exact neuroses of other civilizations like their own (concerning their behavior regarding humans).

Oh, and you mentioned Radar signals?  That one is indeed news to me, except for the cases where the radar signals turned out to be military aircraft =\ 

Of course this is all obvious speculation, and I expect it will remain so.  I was hoping to come across something I hadn't seen before in your examples but I haven't yet.  If SETI started churning out data on a signal tomorrow, or we discovered artifical light on the night side of a planet or moon, or something like that, nobody would be more ecstatic than yours truly.  Until that happens - or a magmabeast crawls out of a cauldera somewhere - as Carl Sagan said (roughly paraphrased): 'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof" I really hope that sort of extraordinary (non-anecdotal, etc.) proof will be forthcoming in our lifetimes!

I want there to be a perfectly reasonable explanation for all these things (aside from the "there are no aliens her" explanation), and hopefully there is.  Maybe you will discover it.  If/when you do, make sure to make us among the first people you inform about it!

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

Offlinenice1
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: the spiral]
    #14642518 - 06/20/11 11:36 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

What about a ball of light shutting down 10 minute men missiles independantly with a beam of light at Malstrom base?  :yesnod:  Who has that sort of technology?  It can't just be chance.  The chances of 1 minute man missile shutting down on its own is low.  The chances of all of them at the same time is near impossible.  We have to conclude the UFO and its light beam caused the event. 

Its not even an icolated event...

People just constantly raise the bar for proof.  The truth is there can't be any proof.  Not until we get all the Earth scientists in a ship and send them to an alien planet.  Only then will they agree that aliens exist.  Even if a ship "landed on the whitehouse lawn" people would still cry hoax.  Theres nothing much that can't be hoaxed.

Gotta look at the bigger picture.  If you sat there and wrote down every event that was credible i.e multiple witnesses and some form of physical evidence.. its still overwhelming.  Such a massive amount of data that cannot be explained.  Unless we accept we do have visitors, then it makes perfect sense.

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #14642652 - 06/20/11 12:00 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

nice1 said:
The only part of this phenomena that IS psychological IMO is the abduction claims that are clearly just sleep paralysis.  However, there are so many ecounters that happen with multiple witnesses or while the people are wide awake, driving etc that this does not explain ALL abduction cases.

We seem to have had a misunderstanding. I was speaking about the abduction cases being a psychological phenomenon, not the UFO encounters. I said this because demons, elves, and other mythical creatures throughout human history all have similarities to the alien abduction subject.

Though, the Bob White object isn't what I'd call proof of anything. Last I heard the only reason it seemed legit was because they claimed that humans have never used the metals in the alloy in the ratios that are present. That doesn't mean a human didn't create it, it simply means that chunk of metal wasn't part of something that was made using the usual alloys that most industrial uses calls for.

The most convincing evidence I have seen of UFO's is the various Air Force cockpit videos from many countries that show the objects being chased by interceptor jets and then suddenly the object darts off at mach 20.

--------------------

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14646790 - 06/21/11 03:51 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

nice1 said:
What about a ball of light shutting down 10 minute men missiles independantly with a beam of light at Malstrom base?  :yesnod:  Who has that sort of technology?  It can't just be chance.  The chances of 1 minute man missile shutting down on its own is low.  The chances of all of them at the same time is near impossible.  We have to conclude the UFO and its light beam caused the event. 

saying "we must conclude" aliens were responsible for something because it is a very improbable event sounds to me no different than the claims of "God did it!" one hears from certain folk whenever they encounter something they can't explain.  I'm all too familiar with the "God of the Gaps" phenomenon; the " ET of The gaps" is a new one for me.  Even with the God of the Gaps, the bar is being raised thanks to our expanding understanding of our Universe; he is running out of gaps to occupy.

Personally,  I think the Flying Spaghetti Monster made the missies malfunction, in his noodley wisdom, to make us think aliens did it.  Dude has an interesting sense of humor.

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

Offlinenice1
 User Gallery

#14647194 - 06/21/11 07:42 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

the spiral said:
saying "we must conclude" aliens were responsible for something because it is a very improbable event sounds to me no different than the claims of "God did it!" one hears from certain folk whenever they encounter something they can't explain.  I'm all too familiar with the "God of the Gaps" phenomenon; the " ET of The gaps" is a new one for me.  Even with the God of the Gaps, the bar is being raised thanks to our expanding understanding of our Universe; he is running out of gaps to occupy.

Personally,  I think the Flying Spaghetti Monster made the missies malfunction, in his noodley wisdom, to make us think aliens did it.  Dude has an interesting sense of humor.

OK but dunno how that bares any relevance to my example because I don't conclude aliens did it.

I do however accept that a UFO used a beam of light to shut down nuclear missiles.  We have to come up with a reasonable theory if we are to attempt to explain that.  It really doesn't leave many sensible options...

1)  Some humans are thousands of years more technologically advanced than the rest of us
2) Some other intelligent entity was responsible for the UFO and its actions

I don't think these theories are unreasonable or tantamount to spaghetti monsters or deitys.  Do you have any sensible theories?

InvisibleDeadHearts

Loc: MICHIGAN
    #14647199 - 06/21/11 07:45 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

nice1 said:
Quote:

the spiral said:

OK but dunno how that bares any relevance to my example because I don't conclude aliens did it.

I do however accept that a UFO used a beam of light to shut down nuclear missiles.  We have to come up with a reasonable theory if we are to attempt to explain that.  It really doesn't leave many sensible options...

1)  Some humans are thousands of years more technologically advanced than the rest of us

I don't think these theories are unreasonable or tantamount to spegetti monsters or deitys.  Do you have any other sensible theories?

Yeah I see where hes coming from but its a weak argument in the end.

InvisibleMad_Larkin

#14647221 - 06/21/11 07:53 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

BlimeyGrimey said:
Quote:

nice1 said:

We seem to have had a misunderstanding. I was speaking about the abduction cases being a psychological phenomenon, not the UFO encounters. I said this because demons, elves, and other mythical creatures throughout human history all have similarities to the alien abduction subject.

Though, the Bob White object isn't what I'd call proof of anything. Last I heard the only reason it seemed legit was because they claimed that humans have never used the metals in the alloy in the ratios that are present. That doesn't mean a human didn't create it, it simply means that chunk of metal wasn't part of something that was made using the usual alloys that most industrial uses calls for.

The most convincing evidence I have seen of UFO's is the various Air Force cockpit videos from many countries that show the objects being chased by interceptor jets and then suddenly the object darts off at mach 20.

The fact that these objects can be picked up on radar (have physical mass) and then move away at Mach 20 (an acceleration that would scramble any living organisms inside) tells me that this is both physical and non-physical phenomenon. It can choose which it wants to be.

Offlinenice1
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: Mad_Larkin] * 1
    #14647363 - 06/21/11 08:47 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yes or technology so advanced that it appears that way to us. 

They would need to generate their own gravitational field so that the inertia would not turn them into scrambled eggs.  If it is beings from elsewhere then its probably a requirement of being advanced enough to be able to get here.  You would need some technology that made it possible to transcend light speed barriers etc just to be capable of visiting us from a different star system.  If they come from a different universe then they certainly understand how to exist in other dimensions ;-)

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: DeadHearts]
    #14652117 - 06/22/11 01:53 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DeadHearts said:
Quote:

nice1 said:
Quote:

the spiral said:

I don't think these theories are unreasonable or tantamount to spegetti monsters or deitys.  Do you have any other sensible theories?

Yeah I see where hes coming from but its a weak argument in the end.

May his noodly appendage strike down the heathens!

--------------------

OfflineVsnares.Zappa
bend over

#14652189 - 06/22/11 02:16 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Throwing a few Stephen Hawking quotes up in this thread:

Quote:

(meeting with aliens)- I think it would be a disaster. The extraterrestrials would probably be far in advance of us. The history of advanced races meeting more primitive people on this planet is not very happy, and they were the same species. I think we should keep our heads low.

Quote:

I'm sorry to disappoint science fiction fans, but if information is preserved, there is no possibility of using black holes to travel to other universes. If you jump into a black hole, your mass energy will be returned to our universe but in a mangled form which contains the information about what you were like but in a state where it can not be easily recognized. It is like burning an encyclopedia. Information is not lost, if one keeps the smoke and the ashes. But it is difficult to read. In practice, it would be too difficult to re-build a macroscopic object like an encyclopedia that fell inside a black hole from information in the radiation, but the information preserving result is important for microscopic processes involving virtual black holes.

Quote:

We shouldn't be surprised that conditions in the universe are suitable for life, but this is not evidence that the universe was designed to allow for life.

Quote:

It is not clear that intelligence has any long-term survival value.

Quote:

To my mathematical brain, the numbers alone make thinking about aliens perfectly rational.  The real challenge is to work out what aliens might actually be like.

Quote:

We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn’t want to meet. I imagine they might exist in massive ships, having used up all the resources from their home planet. Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads, looking to conquer and colonize whatever planets they can reach.

Quote:

If aliens ever visit us, I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn’t turn out very well for the Native Americans."

Quote:

I suspect there could be life and intelligence out there in forms we can’t conceive.  Just as a chimpanzee can’t understand quantum theory, it could be there are aspects of reality that are beyond the capacity of our brains."

:chilldog:

Edited by Vsnares.Zappa (06/22/11 02:26 AM)

Invisiblelinkamathingy
Aspiring Mycologist

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: Vsnares.Zappa] * 1
    #14652202 - 06/22/11 02:22 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

stephen hawking is mindless by his own words apparently. i don't really trust his views on the universe other than pure physics or whatever field he's in.

aliens have likely visited us. i don't know why people think everyone on the planet would know that once it occurred.

--------------------
SCIENCE!!!
Though I Laugh
EyegasmArt.com

OfflineVsnares.Zappa
bend over

#14652224 - 06/22/11 02:31 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I'd be interested in knowing your theory as to HOW  :freshwtf:  they did it ?

Hawking clearly disaproves the ''space/time bending'' type of  traveling.

Edited by Vsnares.Zappa (06/22/11 03:10 AM)

Invisiblelinkamathingy
Aspiring Mycologist

#14652306 - 06/22/11 03:12 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

hawking is not infallible. he operates in a paradigm, as do I, that doesn't understand the way it can be done. that is not to say it can't be done.

--------------------
SCIENCE!!!
Though I Laugh
EyegasmArt.com

OfflineVsnares.Zappa
bend over

#14652318 - 06/22/11 03:22 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

He sure understands  the parameters that configurates our universe better than you or me.

So, what's your theory linky ?
:chilldog:

Offlinepropensity
۞̷ ̶۞̷ ̶

Folding@home Statistics
    #14652320 - 06/22/11 03:23 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

His belief that aliens would be space roving resource pillagers is pretty short sighted and dumb imho

--------------------

۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢ www.cactophage.com ۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢

Invisiblelinkamathingy
Aspiring Mycologist

#14652327 - 06/22/11 03:27 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i'm saying our paradigm doesn't get it, and neither hawking nor i have expanded outside of the current paradigm. if hawking doesn't get it, chances are i don't get it either. he has nothing to do but sit and think it appears, and i do other stuff. i'm no expert in physics or space travel.

alien civilizations would be as diverse or more so than the human population.

--------------------
SCIENCE!!!
Though I Laugh
EyegasmArt.com

OfflineVsnares.Zappa
bend over

#14652340 - 06/22/11 03:37 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

propensity said:
His belief that aliens would be space roving resource pillagers is pretty short sighted and dumb imho

Dude, look at us,humans.We're a giant all-consuming entity. Why would it be any different for another extremely complexified life form ?

Quote:

linkamathingy said:
i'm saying our paradigm doesn't get it, and neither hawking nor i have expanded outside of the current paradigm. if hawking doesn't get it, chances are i don't get it either. he has nothing to do but sit and think it appears, and i do other stuff. i'm no expert in physics or space travel.

Truth is, you cannot disaprove both theorys yet, but, empirical  observations are on hawking's side.

Edited by Vsnares.Zappa (06/22/11 03:40 AM)

Offlinepropensity
۞̷ ̶۞̷ ̶

Folding@home Statistics
    #14652352 - 06/22/11 03:46 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Look at us, humans, primitive and nowhere NEAR advanced enough as a society to achieve long term/large scale space travel.

Don't you think a society that could solve the problem that Mad larkin cited earlier in the thread

Quote:

Mad_Larkin said:

wouldn't have a need so great for resources that they'd have to abandon their planet as a last ditch effort for survival?

That type of advancement seems to connote a society which has learned how to live in harmony with the world around them.

--------------------

Invisiblelinkamathingy
Aspiring Mycologist

#14652360 - 06/22/11 03:53 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Vsnares.Zappa said:
Quote:

propensity said:

Dude, look at us,humans.We're a giant all-consuming entity. Why would it be any different for another extremely complexified life form ?

Quote:

linkamathingy said:

Truth is, you cannot disaprove both theorys yet, but, empirical  observations are on hawking's side.

i was just thinking, he must not be a very good empiricist because he can't move very well to observe life. i come back and you say empirical evidence, AS OF NOW i must add and emphasize, is on hawkings side.

we aren't advanced. yet we are advanced. we know things yet we know nothing. remember there is always more than the leading scientists like to admit that they don't know.

as mad larkin said we can't comprehend let alone create the technology. emphasis on comprehend. our paradigm won't allow it.

--------------------
SCIENCE!!!
Though I Laugh
EyegasmArt.com

OfflineVsnares.Zappa
bend over

#14652375 - 06/22/11 04:11 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

That type of advancement seems to connote a society which has learned how to live in harmony with the world around them.

Harmony with nature =/= technology advancement in my opinion.You are basically saying the most intelligent aliens wouldnt want to visit us :lol:
Quote:

remember there is always more than the leading scientists like to admit that they don't know.

I wholeheartedly agree.
Quote:

Mad_larkin said:
to travel thousands of lightyears in a reasonable enough amount of time to make the journey worth it. In other words: to not die of old age en route.

I think we'll never be able to travel a lightspeed.
E=mc2 explains this.
The faster your spacecraft/vessel/whatever travel through space/time, the more mass it'll gain.thus meaning,additional energy will be required in order to move it faster.infinite mass = infinite energy.

We'd need a technology that would  give us infinite energy.the chances are low.:grin:

Photons have no mass. therefore,they can travel much more faster than us:thumbup:

Edited by Vsnares.Zappa (06/22/11 04:15 AM)

Offlinepropensity
۞̷ ̶۞̷ ̶

Folding@home Statistics
    #14652394 - 06/22/11 04:18 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

How does extremely advanced technology not imply harmony with nature?

If you don't live in harmony with nature you're eventually going to die out as your planet is no longer able to support you, long before you would solve this problem which you yourself claim is unsolveable

--------------------

OfflineVsnares.Zappa
bend over

Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: propensity]
    #14652400 - 06/22/11 04:22 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mad_larkin said :

EDIT:

a carl sagan quote  :
Quote:

To be taken seriously, you need physical evidence that can be examined at leisure by skeptical scientists: a scraping of the whole ship, and the discovery that it contains isotopic ratios that aren't present on Earth, chemical elements from the so-called island of stability, very heavy elements that don't exist on Earth. Or material of absolutely bizarre properties of many sorts—electrical conductivity or ductility. There are many things like that that would instantly give serious credence to an account.

But there's no scrapings, no interior photographs, no filched page from the captain's log book. All there are are stories. There are instances of disturbed soil, but I can disturb soil with a shovel. There are instances of people claiming to flash lights at UFOs and the UFOs flash back. But, pilots of airplanes can also flash back, especially if they think it would be a good joke to play on the UFO enthusiast. So, that does not constitute good evidence.

Edited by Vsnares.Zappa (06/22/11 04:29 AM)

Offlinepropensity
۞̷ ̶۞̷ ̶

Folding@home Statistics
    #14652415 - 06/22/11 04:34 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I don't see what you're getting at with those quotes

They kinda further my point of view if anything

--------------------

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #14652529 - 06/22/11 05:55 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

linkamathingy said:
remember there is always more than the leading scientists like to admit that they don't know.

The best scientist know damn well that they don't know more than they actually know. That is what motivates them to further advance their field of study.

Quote:

Mad_larkin said:
to travel thousands of lightyears in a reasonable enough amount of time to make the journey worth it. In other words: to not die of old age en route.

Time dilation would make it possible for passengers in a fast-moving vehicle to travel further into the future while aging very little, in that their great speed slows down the rate of passage of on-board time. That is, the ship's clock (and according to relativity, any human travelling with it) shows less elapsed time than the clocks of observers on Earth. For sufficiently high speeds the effect is dramatic. For example, one year of travel might correspond to ten years at home. Indeed, a constant 1 g acceleration would permit humans to travel as far as light has been able to travel since the big bang (some 13.7 billion light years) in one human lifetime.[citation needed] The space travellers could return to Earth billions of years in the future. A scenario based on this idea was presented in the novel Planet of the Apes by Pierre Boulle. - Source : Wikipedia

A ship that constantly accelerated but didn't necessarily achieve light speed (let's assume they achieved 70% speed of light) wouldn't need a huge amount of fuel onboard. What it would need is a way to collect or obtain energy as it traveled. Solar energy wouldn't work in the spaces between stars. They'd need some sort of way to draw energy from the vacuum or a way of using the supposed "dark energy".

Using the effects of time dilation, a crew could go to another star system and return without aging too much, but on Earth much more time would have passed.

--------------------

Offlinenice1
 User Gallery

#14652744 - 06/22/11 07:35 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

The speed of light barrier is irrelevant.  Two major reasons...

1)  We don't even know if they are aliens thus we don't know they if they even require breaking the speed of light barrier
2)  Even if they are aliens obviously they have over turned that theory or found a way around it else the advanced craft would not exist

You completely missed Linkymathingys point.  Allow my first point to make the light barrier irrelevant alone though.  /end

InvisibleMad_Larkin

#14652847 - 06/22/11 08:16 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

BlimeyGrimey said:
Quote:

linkamathingy said:

The best scientist know damn well that they don't know more than they actually know. That is what motivates them to further advance their field of study.

Quote:

Mad_larkin said:

Time dilation would make it possible for passengers in a fast-moving vehicle to travel further into the future while aging very little, in that their great speed slows down the rate of passage of on-board time. That is, the ship's clock (and according to relativity, any human travelling with it) shows less elapsed time than the clocks of observers on Earth. For sufficiently high speeds the effect is dramatic. For example, one year of travel might correspond to ten years at home. Indeed, a constant 1 g acceleration would permit humans to travel as far as light has been able to travel since the big bang (some 13.7 billion light years) in one human lifetime.[citation needed] The space travellers could return to Earth billions of years in the future. A scenario based on this idea was presented in the novel Planet of the Apes by Pierre Boulle. - Source : Wikipedia

A ship that constantly accelerated but didn't necessarily achieve light speed (let's assume they achieved 70% speed of light) wouldn't need a huge amount of fuel onboard. What it would need is a way to collect or obtain energy as it traveled. Solar energy wouldn't work in the spaces between stars. They'd need some sort of way to draw energy from the vacuum or a way of using the supposed "dark energy".

Using the effects of time dilation, a crew could go to another star system and return without aging too much, but on Earth much more time would have passed.

Yes this is true, but at the distances we are talking about you would still age a lot and the flight would probably send you insane due to sensory deprivation or Cabin fever or something.
Quote:

nice1 said:
The speed of light barrier is irrelevant.  Two major reasons...

1)  We don't even know if they are aliens thus we don't know they if they even require breaking the speed of light barrier
2)  Even if they are aliens obviously they have over turned that theory or found a way around it else the advanced craft would not exist

You completely missed Linkymathingys point.  Allow my first point to make the light barrier irrelevant alone though.  /end

QFT

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
    #14653093 - 06/22/11 09:35 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

sooo...has anyone here ever been abducted by aliens? y/n?

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Offlinedesant
Pleiadian Revolutionary
Male

Loc: Aether
Re: Anyone here ever been or know anyone thats been abducted by aliens? [Re: the bizzle]
    #14653329 - 06/22/11 10:41 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

few times :strokebeard:

Seen good aliens and seen bad

--------------------

Offlinesunset_mission
Entheonaut
Male User Gallery

#14653487 - 06/22/11 11:12 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Why do we concern ourselves with civilizations that may or may not exist far, far from us and how we will or will not relate to them when most barely give two shits about unifying our own planet's civilization? I surmise that it would take an alien invasion of some sort to actually bring every human being together.

Thinking we are alone in the universe or some sort of impressive beacon of technological advancement or rationality is sheer arrogance and stupidity. We have a very limited referential and experiential scope, but just because our mind cannot comprehend the notion that somewhere out there in a star ocean comprised of BILLIONS und BILLIONS of planets - which possibly do not even operate by the laws of physics/natural laws we have here, or are even perceptible in the same dimension we are ensnared in, our lack of comprehension is not proof that they do not exist. At this point all we may do is speculate, however to speculate that we are alone is downright foolish.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order