Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Loc: Qu?bec
Some people
    #1463401 - 04/16/03 12:24 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I know some people whose beleifs are in total contradiction with their ways of acting. They know how to act properly, but can't apply it to their lives.

It's like doing a laboratory procedure and knowing exactly what to do and what to expect, but getting confused when physically finding yourself in front of all those glass recipients, liquids and powders.

The most common example around these days is the people who say they don't like war, hate and violence, but they are always the firsts to hurt others...

Note that it is never the other way around. People who like war and violence are never nice. I guess this proves that it's harder to be nice than mean, just like falling down a flight of stairs is easier than climbing it.

--------------------
I'm a bipedal carbon-based pseudo-random number generator.

Demonstration: 152.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Loc: UK
Re: Some people [Re: Meph]
    #1463423 - 04/16/03 12:36 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i know what you mean. im tryin to apply my beliefs to living at the moment. I had a mild shroom trip where I realised how I could live life so much better. It faded but im gonna get there eventualy. Then Ill be buzzing of life itself.  Ive found being nice and polite to people has been beneficial, for example last night at work i got an extra sausage and for 20p less :laugh:

anyway, one thing im tryin to do is take life easy. we got so much time, and waste so much time with crap. after work instead iof rushing to get home I buy a coffe take it to my car and have a ciggy with it and watch everyone rush out. by the time ive finished everyones gone and I can get straight out, instead of waiting in a que. I love it :smile:

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Loc: Qu?bec
Re: Some people [Re: The_Clash_UK]
    #1463448 - 04/16/03 12:48 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

It's not about getting things for cheap. I think it's about making people happy.

If I'm nice to others, it's not because I want something in return. I might want something from them (most of the time, their respect, or friendship), but that is not why I am nice.

If everyone wanted everybody else to be happy, this world would be perfect.

I can see in your writing that you are a nice person. Being nice is the only way of making people happy.

---

But now that I'm writing this, I stumble on another question. I think that other people's emotional state is more important than our own; however, I also said that taking care of people will bring YOU happyness. Anyone with an inflated ego could decide to walk on this path to become happier, but the goal and the actions taken to get there are in total contradiction.

The difference between this person and a more caring one is that one makes others happy to be happy, and the other makes others happy, not taking their situation in consideration and not asking for anything in return.

--------------------
I'm a bipedal carbon-based pseudo-random number generator.

Demonstration: 152.

InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Loc: UK
Re: Some people [Re: Meph]
    #1463508 - 04/16/03 01:15 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

oh i know its not about geting things for cheap, but Im sayin its a benefit apart from my own satisfaction from being nice.
I was thinkin about E and how everyone is so loved up, then theyll have a go at each other on the come down. Im tryin to take to way I feel on E and be like that to people. Wanting to do things for others and loving others just for love and not for selfish gain.

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

OfflineJenherself
Just anotherchick

Loc: Alberta, Canada in a box
Re: Some people [Re: The_Clash_UK]
    #1464128 - 04/16/03 04:47 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I totally agree that treating people with the utmost respect will only make you a happier person day to day. Even when you do something out of the blue for a total stranger, such as hold open a door and smile at them, they in return thank you and smile back. For me that is a wonderful feeling. Maybe that person just got fired from they're job, got kicked out of they're home etc. and because of the fact that I made one small effort of kindness for them, they do indeed feel better, even if it is just for a moment...but when you pass on your kindness, to friends, family and even strangers, you will notice the kindness in return. And if everyone in the world could go about helping just one person everyday, we'd all be alot happier all the time.

--------------------
TO EACH THEIR OWN
****JENNY****

OfflineFatNug
Si-Hing

Loc: Everywhere at 1nce
Re: Some people [Re: Jenherself]
    #1464233 - 04/16/03 05:12 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

damn, you took the words RIGHT outta my mouth Jen. I hold doors open for people whenever I get the chance, and it is such a mundane gesture, but people always seem so surprised, they usually hesitate for a second, then they realize someone is actually doing something nice for them and they smile and say thanks. It's not so much of an ego trip thing. It's more like a reaching out thing. like to show people that you can do nice shit for other people without wanting anything in return. Hopefully someday it will catch on.

--------------------
================================================So what's your peace of mind huh? A swiss watch? leasin' a Lex on credit? all the pussy and liquor a nigga can get..put together this puzzle, but my pieces won't fit.. {Ras kass}

OfflineJenherself
Just anotherchick

Loc: Alberta, Canada in a box
Re: Some people [Re: FatNug]
    #1464292 - 04/16/03 05:25 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yes hopefully. Here's something that I've taken out of a book I'm currently reading...
The harmony and friendship that we need in our families, nations, and the world can be achieved only through compassion and kindness. By helping one another, with concern and respect, we can solve many problems easily. Harmony cannot thrive in a climate of mistrust, cheating, bullying and mean -spirited competition. Success through intimidation and violence is temporary at best; its trifling gains only create new problems. This is why just a couple of decades after the enormous human tragedy of the First World War, the Second World War was fought, and millions more people were killed. If we examine our long history of hatred and anger, we see the obvious need to find a better way. We can only solve our problems though truly peaceful means-- not just peaceful words but a peaceful mind and heart. In this way we will have a better world.Dalai Lama

--------------------
TO EACH THEIR OWN
****JENNY****

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology