Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Coleus info
    #1463070 - 04/16/03 07:37 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i have read many times of Coleus species (C. blumei and C. pumilus) containing active diterpenes similar to those found in Salvia d so i decided to do a search. what i got was a headache. there seems to be a wealth of info out there but much of it is conflicting/dated and none from trustable sources.

in light of the above i am asking any shroomerites who have tried it, grown it, been told about by thier nieghbor's pet turttle or can in any way give me some reliable information on it to do so.

many thancks in advance to any who take the trouble to help and sorry for any annoyance.

stay cool,
concrete.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Coleus info [Re: canid]
    #1463085 - 04/16/03 07:51 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

below is one example of a hit i came across, wich is actualy a page on salvia:

"...The plant is closely related to the common houseplant: Coleus spp. It has been reported that Coleus may be used interchangeably with S.divinorum, but there have also been reports to the contrary...S.divinorum is used shamanically in Mexico to introduce an initiate into an altered consciousness as a preparation for Psilocybe mushroom use. The mental state it induces is quite similar to the Psilocybe mushroom experience, only much milder..."

others include claims that none of the Coleus spp. are active, that they are poisonous, etc.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Coleus info [Re: canid]
    #1463278 - 04/16/03 11:01 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

They're closely related because they're both mints, (of the mint family Labiatae)

I donno what's in them off the top of my head, probably some sort of diterpene or triterpene, when i have time later i'll look through some books i have. Unless someone else pops up with an answer.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Coleus info [update with pic] [Re: canid]
    #1642747 - 06/18/03 06:04 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Here is a C. blumei i bought today:

It's so cute i think i'll just leave it to grow. Its about 5 inches tall at the moment and due to the way it was sitting against another plant all the foliage is facing one direction where the light was coming from.

sorry for the delay with the picture.

--------------------

Edited by concretefeet (06/18/03 06:33 PM)

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1642763 - 06/18/03 06:09 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

here where? We can't see you point to it  :grin:

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Coleus info [update with pic] [Re: neuro]
    #1644340 - 06/19/03 12:19 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

after trying a small amount last night (half the leaves from the bottom of the plant) via chewing i can say that i have found this plant to be active and possibly as potent as any of the salvia i've tried.

the leaves where chewed as thouroughly as possible and held in the back of the mouth without swallowing intil elevation from baseline was unmistakable (about 42 minutes). at that time the leaf material and acumulated saliva where swallowed.

the effects where mild including realistic but not intense CEVs, sensation of flying with eyes closed, sensation of being on ocean waves, auditory halucinations/distortions and shifts is visual perception when eyes where allowed to relax focus.

no effects where impressive, save giving concideration for the small amount used.

this plant cost $1.50 and was the only one blumei of this type (which i prefer for it's asthetic value) in the 6" House Plants area but several of other types and several in the 3" area for $1.00.

i am not recomending that anybody go out and trip on these as a substitute for harder to find psychadellics but those who enjoy and respect S. divinorum may want to concider.

--------------------

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1776132 - 08/03/03 07:21 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

as an update, i tried smoking a single large leaf [dried] along with a small flowering top that i removed yesterday and found it to be active. it wasn't verry potent, but it definately gave me a euphoric buzz that is just going away now.

i have noticed that it is growing verry slowly. it has 6 new leaves since i first bought it wich are verry small and don't seem to be getting any bigger. i repotted it just over a week ago into a 6" pot so i hope the added nutrients will encourage growth and color. i haven't been able to buy any plant fertilizer since i got it wich might explain the slowing in growth [resources found online had recomended bi-weekly fertilizing].

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden