Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
A sad day for the mushroom community
    #1462627 - 04/16/03 02:12 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=7617860&BRD=2212&PAG=461&dept_id=465812&rfi=6

Berks County mushroom plant fined for worker's death
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Information from: Reading Eagle

A mushroom plant where a worker died when he was scooped up by a front-end loader and dumped into a compost grinder has been fined more than $12,000 by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, officials said.
Richard D. Kielbasa, 51, had been collecting samples from a compost pile when the accident happened Nov. 28, investigators said.

OSHA has issued two citations to Ontelaunee Farms Inc., one for general disregard for safety conditions and another for failing to have protective equipment and reflective clothing for workers, OSHA investigator Robert Fink said. The Muhlenberg Township plant was issued $12,600 in penalties.

The plant has corrected the violations since the accident, Fink said.

Plant owner Giorgi Mushroom Company has appealed the citations and a hearing is pending, Fink said. A person answering the telephone at Ontelaunee Farms on Saturday said plant officials had no comment on the citations.

Police have determined that the death was an accident, and the investigation is complete.

Kielbasa, a 24-year employee and assistant general manager, was collecting samples from 40-tall piles of compost.

"It is possible he could have been bent over trying to get samples," police chief Robert Flanagan said. "We think it (the loader) hit him, knocked him down and knocked him out, then scooped him up."

Steam coming off the mushroom compost hindered the visibility of the driver of the front-end loader, Fink said.

If the additional safety measures had been taken, the accident could have been prevented, investigators said.

"The equipment and clothing doesn't always eliminate the hazard, but it reduces the probability of an accident occurring," Fink said.

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebluelou
NUTCASEdrugbucket!
Male User Gallery

Loc: $hroom Central
Re: A sad day for the mushroom community [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #1463214 - 04/16/03 10:17 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Fuckin nuts!!!!!!
Man, shit happens that poor dude?

--------------------
Have you tried my(black kow) pile style tek outdoors!!!!!!!!

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: A sad day for the mushroom community [Re: bluelou]
    #1463311 - 04/16/03 11:28 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

sucks. reminds me of the diver that got scooped up and dropped on a forest fire. hmm, went to search for the specific forest fire and it seems this has been classified as an urban legend. funny, i remeber reading about it the day it happened in several papers and seeingit on the news. coverup?

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: A sad day for the mushroom community [Re: debianlinux]
    #1468851 - 04/18/03 12:29 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

doubtfull about the diver and fire that was a story line on CSI.

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

OfflineSuperSpun
Not quite surewhat happened

Loc: India
Re: A sad day for the mushroom community [Re: blaze2]
    #1468865 - 04/18/03 12:35 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

allot of the storylines on CSI are based on real casses. It might be true.

--------------------

Not quite sure what happened

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: A sad day for the mushroom community [Re: SuperSpun]
    #1469394 - 04/18/03 05:11 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

A freind of mine worked for the forrestry service as a fireman. He says it's an urban legend.

--------------------

InvisibleRecockulousShite
WishShroomWereHere
Re: A sad day for the mushroom community [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #6238446 - 11/02/06 11:30 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I know this post is ridiculously old, but, c'mon people.  The guys name was Richard Keilbasa.  Dick Keilbasa.  Dick Sausage.  Whether this is true or not (I'm going with the latter), that's hilarious! :grin:

--------------------
For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service