Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Laminar Flow Hood, Petri Dish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNoFaceToSave
Musician

Growing pins on agar, bacterial contams.
    #14623611 - 06/16/11 06:05 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I bought my brand new fungi series 1 flow hood and was trying a method of cloning tissue outlined in a video of dropping a pin torn in half onto an agar plate. I picked the pins, put them in  a bowl and washed them with antibacterial soap becasue in previous agar attempts any amount of mushroom tissue lead to crazy bacterial growth. I tore the cleaned pins in half and placed the pins on agar infront of the laminar flow hood inner side down. 48 hours later viscious bacterial growth. Some of the live tissue samples i did from the insides of a mature fruit seem to have taken oddly enough but I can't really complain about success.

upon much use of the search button I've seen roger rabbit say that peroxide is useless for agar work so im definitly not going that route, I'm thinking about a 5% bleach solution next time and perhaps letting them soak in that solution for at least a good 30 -40 seconds lol.

I NEED INPUT!! pulling my hair out with this amateur mycology work, reaching out to the shroomery community!

Also thinking of pouring the hot agar nearly right out of the PC (about 2 hours after the all american has started to cool down, still to hot to handle the wisky bottle) right over top of of a pin that is torn in half length wise in a petri dish after cleaning the pin with 5% bleach water solution.

--------------------
“By calling attention to ‘a well regulated militia’, the ’security’ of the nation, and the right of each citizen ‘to keep and bear arms’, our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the Second Amendment will always be important.”
John F. Kennedy, April 1960

Edited by NoFaceToSave (06/17/11 01:19 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNoFaceToSave
Musician

Re: Growing pins on agar, bacterial contams. [Re: NoFaceToSave]
    #14628336 - 06/17/11 03:57 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Bamp!?

--------------------
“By calling attention to ‘a well regulated militia’, the ’security’ of the nation, and the right of each citizen ‘to keep and bear arms’, our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the Second Amendment will always be important.”
John F. Kennedy, April 1960

OfflineFronnis
I'm a teapot

Re: Growing pins on agar, bacterial contams. [Re: NoFaceToSave]
    #14628361 - 06/17/11 04:01 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

You may get more responses posting this in the Advanced Mycology part of the forum.

--------------------

InvisibleTranscendingLife
I Don't Need a Life to Live
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growing pins on agar, bacterial contams. [Re: Fronnis]
    #14628388 - 06/17/11 04:06 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I've tossed a pin on agar in open air in my grow area before.

Just turned off the fan, Ousted real quick & made sure to keep the jar sealed until I was absolutely ready to drop the pin on the plate.

No contams or anything.

It's your sterile procedure.

Also, I've never torn a pin in half to get it to grow on agar. Just picked & tossed it on it...I've got another APE going in the same manner.

--------------------
AMU: We Quickly Answer Questions Here
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs
"You are as dead now as you will ever be" - Seth

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Laminar Flow Hood, Petri Dish

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation