Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Quantifying spiritual quality of life
    #1462316 - 04/16/03 12:46 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I work in research psychiatry. Anyway, for this research project I am working on, clients are given a bunch of questionairres and one of them is the World Health Organisation Quality of Life Questionairre. Anyway it has a bunch of questions to assess quality of life in terms of physical, social, psychological and environment realms. For psychological quality of life, the question they ask to measure spiritual quality of life is "To what extent do you feel your life to be meaningful". Anyway I thought that was interesting so thought I would share it with you.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Quantifying spiritual quality of life [Re: enotake2]
    #1462330 - 04/16/03 12:51 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know what to make of that.. kinda fucked up.. I mean.. do I just answer a b c d or e with a being not at all meaningful and e being really meaningful? institutions do funny things.

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Re: Quantifying spiritual quality of life [Re: Dogomush]
    #1462346 - 04/16/03 12:56 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yep, that's how you answer it! I'ts not the only question they ask to assess psychological quality of life, it is just the subquestion that relates to spiritual quality of life.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

#1462384 - 04/16/03 01:07 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Oh right. You mean its crap to quanitfy it? Yeah right, I misunderstood.

--------------------

Edited by enotake2 (04/16/03 01:45 AM)

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

#1463071 - 04/16/03 07:40 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

On the otherhand, if you had to quantify quality of life then spiritual quality of life would be an important element, and I don't think I can think of a better question to ask to assess it.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology