Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Sea of Shrooms growth
    #1461710 - 04/15/03 09:54 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Alright, here's the deal...firstly I am posting all of this for my grandma...she just starting using the SOS technique and wanted to say some things and ask some questions.
First off, grandma wanted to tell everyone who has questions about the SOS, that it really works, and she's gotten more luck out of that technique than anything else.
But, besides that, she has ran into what seems like a problem.
She used the sea of shrooms, with the 3 layers, and everything seemed to complete colonization inside the cups rather quickly. About a week later, about 10 or so pins formed on about 6 of the cups (total of 24 jars, and a total of 14 cups right now). The pins developed fully into nice looking products. Now, after picking those off of the cakes, there has been a development of about 40 pins per cup from the 6 cups in question. Most of those pins are rather small, and haven't done much in about 3 days. So, overall, she was wondering if they are gonna keep growing, or if they are all aborts. And if they are aborts, can they be kept or used for anything?

Secondly, her mushrooms grew very tall, and they seemed to be strong, but then after they were dried, they got smaller than what seems like average. The stems are about as thick around as like a couple paperclips.

Oh yeah, she is growing in big rubbermaid containers, with a bout an inch and a half thick layer of perlite as the humidifier. The container is constantly at about 77 degrees, and there is always a moisture coat on the side.

Any help would be much appreciated. My grandma says that if she gets good advice, and the crop goes well, she will take the 3 people with the best advice on a gambling adventure....

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
I have the keyto escapereality

Loc: going to hell in bucket
Re: Sea of Shrooms growth [Re: Bigdaddy]
    #1461777 - 04/15/03 10:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Are the caps of the pins blackish if so they probably are aborts.

trippin with little baby jesus

Loc: SPaCE
Re: Sea of Shrooms growth [Re: dankhead420]
    #1461804 - 04/15/03 10:18 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Aborts are good.. dont want em.. send em to me.. :smile: i like aborts.. jojoba

Looking For These Items
Various Plants and Seeds.

Loc: Bad,Bad person - minus ...
Re: Sea of Shrooms growth [Re: jojoba]
    #1461937 - 04/15/03 10:53 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

aborts are good, but don't let them rot on the cake. they will cause contams. eat them all!

Loc: Michigan
Re: Sea of Shrooms growth [Re: DSD]
    #1462034 - 04/15/03 11:22 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I'll have to try Sea of Shrooms. A thing about aborts... my first time eating shrooms I was only able to get a 20 sack to share between my brother and I. I didn't notice anything more than colors being brighter than usual, but my bro was out there BIG TIME. We ate about half each, but I let my brother eat the weird looking piece with a small cap on it, that being a mycologist now I now realize was an abort. Either I am just more tolerant, or aborts rock!

Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation