Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWh0r420WaNg
Self-ProclaimedDemiGod
Loc: Pennsylvania
Phalaris Grass
    #1461460 - 04/15/03 08:43 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

hey, i wuz researching phalaris grass (mostly phalaris arundinacea and phalaris aquatica a.k.a phalaris tuberosa) and realized what i saw in the picture looks like it grows all over the place around me here in PA. could i be in this good of luck or r there a lot of look-alikes? also i found plants that look like phalaris arundinacea but look like they r from last season and r the color of straw...do they stay alive over winter? they r very tall. thanx everyone

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Phalaris Grass [Re: Wh0r420WaNg]
    #1461483 - 04/15/03 08:52 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

If ur looking to use it to get off on, its not worth it.. Its got lots of other junk in it besides DMT or 5 meo.. Im sure it could be done, but i doubt itd be worth it.. seeing as there is lot of better alternatives..

If ur not lookin to get high.. It grows everywhere but probley not in the winter.

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
Re: Phalaris Grass [Re: Wh0r420WaNg]
    #1467506 - 04/17/03 04:09 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

do they stay alive over winter?

In large fields, the grass will go as dormant as it can, but will still grow slowly. Any temperature above freezing will not kill it, but in seasons like winter, the grass will normally die off and regrow the following spring.

Edited by neuro (04/17/03 04:17 PM)

OfflineWh0r420WaNg
Self-ProclaimedDemiGod
Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: Phalaris Grass [Re: TinMan]
    #1468743 - 04/17/03 11:44 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

hey, thanx to ur advice entheomation i went to dmt world and found something pretty interesting

dmt comes in grasses and leguminous plants mostly it seems

anyhow, a very useful test I have learned from a very - hmmm... intuitive - person is that taste is DAMN good indicator. I shouted that deliberately btw.

Get your plant material, take a smidge and chew it, and if it doesn't make you scrinch your eyes with it's bitterness, it isn't potent. alkaloids are bitter shit.

never thought of this until a forest spirit inspired me...

There's bitter, and then there's BITTER. okay? crack open some (damn what you americans call it - acetaminophen, aka panadol) - and get a gist of what alkaline means to the taste buds. there's a good pH meter right in your mouth)

anyone who's dealt with meth would know just how bitter alkaloids can be, even diluted by 1:10 or 1:20 as it commonly is on the street. damn bitter.

Thus if one's plant material doesn't give a strong alkaline taste (aka bitter) upon chewing, one's either got the wrong plant, a weaker specimen or been gypped.

The taste of bitterness characteristic of alkaloids is a fairly accurate test. The more rapidly one notices it and the longer it lasts on the palate is a good sign of how strong it is.

This is very useful for those collecting wild specimens - the more bitter it tastes, the better. And further to that there is the more subtle intuitive sense of 'wow that is a very high-energy plant' that takes a little to notice. This helps too.

sounds pretty useful. hope it works in our case, as they r mostly speakin for acacia, but they said all alkaloids.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: pH Test Strips

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden