Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

U.G. Krishnamurti on LSD
    #14610822 - 06/14/11 08:23 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

"Expansion of consciousness is nothing, but you give so much importance to that. Drugs will make it a lot easier than all these meditations and yogas. I know lots of people who have taken LSD. (Please don't misunderstand me -- I am not advocating it.) You are in the presence of a huge mountain. Suddenly the consciousness expands to the size of the mountain, literally. There is a sudden blow-up of consciousness, and this sudden expansion releases tremendous energy there inside of you. What is the effect of that on the physical body? The physical body responds to what you call the 'sudden expansion of consciousness'. The only way the physical body can respond to that sudden expansion of consciousness is by taking a sudden breath -- suddenly you take a breath, and the whole breathing pattern changes -- so that is why you have that expression 'a breath-taking view'. I went to the Elephanta caves (near Bombay). They have this trimurti (religious sculpture) there -- a huge thing, you know -- and I was standing before it. Suddenly there was an expansion of my consciousness (or whatever you want to call it) to the size of that. You experience such things all the time. There is nothing to these experiences.

None of these experiences means anything, whether you are 'this side' or 'that side'. Actually there is no 'this side' or 'that side', because there is no line of demarcation here. The realization dawns on you that those experiences, however profound they may be, aren't worth anything, that's all. You may be in a blissful state -- even after that 'calamity' you have blissful states, ecstatic states, a sudden melting away of everything that is there -- it doesn't mean anything. You experience, I experience -- what is the difference? In India holy people experience some petty little thing called a 'blissful state' or the 'absence of body consciousness' and they think something marvelous is happening. All those things are limitations, they are limiting consciousness, they are not in any way helping; but to you probably they are of great interest, because man is functioning all the time in that limited consciousness.

You start with the assumption that LSD is something terrible. Why, I wonder? I'm not supporting or recommending it. Drugs only produce experiences, and what I am talking about is not an experience. But all the young people in the West have tried it -- little girls and boys, everybody -- that is why they are suddenly interested in this kind of stuff, the Indian stuff; not because they are dissatisfied with their wealth or their values. They have tried LSD, and it has given them some kind of a feeling that there must be something more to consciousness. But they are ordinary experiences.

All those religious experiences are no different from the experiences people have when they take drugs. I know a boy who had never heard of the Tibetan literature, but when he was 'on a trip' (as they put it), he experienced all kinds of mandalas (mystical designs). He started talking about them, and he met one Tibetan chap who described them to him. How is that kind of thing possible? You don't have to be in Tibet; no matter where you are, you see, all that is part of consciousness. Even Donald Duck has become part of the human consciousness."

Taken from the 4th section from this site: http://www.well.com/user/jct/mystiq.htm

I suggest reading this guy's stuff...although he would say you shouldn't...I'm finding his stuff to be some of the most legit I've ever read.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

Re: U.G. Krishnamurti on LSD [Re: JackofSpades]
    #14611762 - 06/14/11 12:10 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

UG Krishnamurti seems to be the natural stopping place when you run out of road on your spiritual quest, and recognize that you've basically just been stroking your own dick for the past X years of spiritual practice. "I want cosmic consciousness" is the same thing as "I want to fuck her" or "I want to win the lottery." Desire based on sense gratification based on preconceived notions of what is "good" and what is "bad." It's all mind games. There is nothing to attain. There is no purpose. There is no goal. The mind creates purpose, the mind creates goals. The intestines create feces. The wheel keeps turning, it doesn't stop, it's simple.

--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
    #14611791 - 06/14/11 12:15 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

So does he think any state of being is worth striving to attain? I agree that experiences can become distractions, but they also keep us searching.

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

Re: U.G. Krishnamurti on LSD [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #14611805 - 06/14/11 12:17 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

This is only my interpretation, but I would assume that UG believed both "searching" and "attainment" to be bullshit. Existence is perpetually in its natural state. This includes variations in experience. That is all.

--------------------

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Re: U.G. Krishnamurti on LSD [Re: laserpig]
    #14611838 - 06/14/11 12:24 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yea, I've definitely came to the conclusion there is no where to go, but I still strive to grow.

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

#14611877 - 06/14/11 12:32 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

It seems to me we basically have two options: keep ourselves entertained to the best of our ability in the limited time before we die ... or don't, and die anyway. Personal growth is one way to keep things entertaining.

--------------------

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

#14611925 - 06/14/11 12:41 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

laserpig said:
UG Krishnamurti seems to be the natural stopping place when you run out of road on your spiritual quest, and recognize that you've basically just been stroking your own dick for the past X years of spiritual practice. "I want cosmic consciousness" is the same thing as "I want to fuck her" or "I want to win the lottery." Desire based on sense gratification based on preconceived notions of what is "good" and what is "bad." It's all mind games. There is nothing to attain. There is no purpose. There is no goal. The mind creates purpose, the mind creates goals. The intestines create feces. The wheel keeps turning, it doesn't stop, it's simple.

yes and I'm starting to really dig this message of disillusionment--especially because I'm over here in south asia where all this stuff got started and can see how full of shit a lot of it is. However, it is this disillusionment and hitting rock bottom that leads to surrender, which keeps you in the natural state (UG's word for enlightenment)...The only problem is there is nothing you can do to get there. It just has to happen.

Someone on this forum said something like trying to become enlightened is like trying to become old. So give the fuck up because there isn't anything you can do...but as UG points out, b.c. of how some of us are programmed, we will still keep trying...

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

#14611951 - 06/14/11 12:46 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

JackofSpades said: So give the fuck up because there isn't anything you can do...but as UG points out, b.c. of how some of us are programmed, we will still keep trying...

:lolsy: Ain't that the truth.

And then there's all of us who keep trying to stop trying.

Life is hilarious, but quite often the joke is at our expense. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

#14611962 - 06/14/11 12:48 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I don't agree with him on this, as he stated he hasn't actually tried them and IME psychedelics (particularly salvia) have the ability to trample your hopes and dreams way more thoroughly than UG or anything else can.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Re: U.G. Krishnamurti on LSD [Re: Grapefruit]
    #14612005 - 06/14/11 12:56 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Eh, I'm not sure I buy it. There may not be anywhere to go, but you can still change your state of being. I've done this to some degree. By saying one should "stop trying" are you discounting any spiritual practice, or that one should not be seeking anything during practice? To me people use the "stop trying" idea as a cop out to fall back into self-destructive patterns, i.e, patterns that leave you identifying with your sad life story as opposed to something more expansive.

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

#14612042 - 06/14/11 01:01 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Grapefruit said:
I don't agree with him on this, as he stated he hasn't actually tried them and IME psychedelics (particularly salvia) have the ability to trample your hopes and dreams way more thoroughly than UG or anything else can.

What don't you agree with? I also don't understand how salvia being more dream trampling than UG is relevant? :confused:

and to Cosm0nautt, I agree with what you're saying. It doesn't make sense to just fall back into the same patterns before one started pursing enlightenment. I have personally found that spiritual practice (meditation, mindfulness, compassion, patience and such) has led me to be happier and more at peace--much more so than usual.

I think UG is just saying that stuff won't make you enlightened and to see it as a path to enlightenment is worthless but as a path to being less in hell, maybe it has value.

--------------------

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

#14612050 - 06/14/11 01:03 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

JackofSpades said:
I think UG is just saying that stuff won't make you enlightened and to see it as a path to enlightenment is worthless but as a path to being less in hell, maybe it has value.

Sounds exactly right to me.

--------------------

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
    #14612062 - 06/14/11 01:05 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

JackofSpades said:

Well in that case I won't stop trying to be less in hell. It's funny, I see where UG is coming from too. Words suck, too limiting.

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

#14612064 - 06/14/11 01:05 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Well he admits himself that what got him off the "merry go round" as he calls it was disillusionment. So in that context psychedelics are useful for disillusionment and getting off the merry go round whereas he is saying they are not. I do get what he's trying to say though, constantly looking for pleasure experiences is silly but that's one of the things psychedelics can teach you.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
    #14612104 - 06/14/11 01:11 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yea, it seems like he was talking in generality to the majority of psychedelic users.

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

#14612156 - 06/14/11 01:18 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I like UG a lot and I think he's often purposefully a little over the top to illustrate a point. Essentially he is saying the same thing as a lot of other spiritual teachers he's just much more precise and scientific in the way he describes phenomena and likes to get people to really question their beliefs.

--------------------

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #14612429 - 06/14/11 02:08 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

laserpig said:
It seems to me we basically have two options: keep ourselves entertained to the best of our ability in the limited time before we die ... or don't, and die anyway. Personal growth is one way to keep things entertaining.

Yeah baby:thumbup:  Becker would agree.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Re: U.G. Krishnamurti on LSD [Re: Icelander]
    #14612646 - 06/14/11 02:54 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Becker is your Guru. :tongue2:

InvisibleThe Whale

Loc: Flag
    #14612795 - 06/14/11 03:31 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

laserpig said:

I want to give you a hand job.

+1 karma points for you, Daniel Son. :laugh:

--------------------

OfflinejivJaN
yes
Male User Gallery

Re: U.G. Krishnamurti on LSD [Re: The Whale]
    #14612838 - 06/14/11 03:40 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

LOL
leave laserpigs penis aloooneeee !

--------------------

---------------------

All my posts in this forum are strictly fictional.
They are derived from an acute mental illness , from which i am forced to lie compulsively.
I have never induced any kind of mind altering substance in my life  and i have no intentions whatsoever of doing anything illegal.
If I have ever suggested such a thing it would have most likely been , due to my personality disorder and i probably do not remember it at all..

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

Re: U.G. Krishnamurti on LSD [Re: jivJaN]
    #14612871 - 06/14/11 03:48 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Wait, hold on there JivJan ...

Whale ...

a/s/l?

--------------------

InvisibleThe Whale

#14612891 - 06/14/11 03:51 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

laserpig said:
Wait, hold on there JivJan ...

Whale ...

a/s/l?

:lol:

I would respond to this but I'm not accustomed to writing within a chatbox that is bigger than 1 inch and doesn't have a text limit.

--------------------

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

#14612986 - 06/14/11 04:06 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

:foreveralone:

I understand.

OfflinejivJaN
yes
Male User Gallery

#14613024 - 06/14/11 04:13 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

You're never alone brother !

*** Facebook relationship status : It's complicated.

Can't decide which hand to use.

--------------------

---------------------

All my posts in this forum are strictly fictional.
They are derived from an acute mental illness , from which i am forced to lie compulsively.
I have never induced any kind of mind altering substance in my life  and i have no intentions whatsoever of doing anything illegal.
If I have ever suggested such a thing it would have most likely been , due to my personality disorder and i probably do not remember it at all..

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#14613144 - 06/14/11 04:36 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:

Frankly no.  I have grave misgivings about his final solution to the problem of death anxiety.:satansmoking:

--------------------

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

#14613487 - 06/14/11 05:39 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

How could there possibly be a solution to the problem of death anxiety, other than death itself?

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#14613823 - 06/14/11 07:02 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Ultimately no but I was speaking of what he calls the vital lie. A shield that does not inhibit living to the degree that many or most do.

--------------------

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

#14613830 - 06/14/11 07:04 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

So, basically, convince yourself you won't die by buying into some ruse which leaves the rest of your intellect capable enough to deal with daily life.

Fucking sounds good to me. Do they sell that in pill form?

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#14613994 - 06/14/11 07:34 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yes they do and I can sell you a couple.

Everyone uses shields to some extent otherwise death anxiety would be in the front of our minds full force 24/7. I imagine something like salvia trips that last forever.  What are our shields? The things we do and the things we believe.

--------------------

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#14614453 - 06/14/11 09:04 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:

Frankly no.  I have grave misgivings about his final solution to the problem of death anxiety.:satansmoking:

How so? I'm trying to get through the book, it's fucking heavy.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: U.G. Krishnamurti on LSD [Re: Middleman]
    #14614492 - 06/14/11 09:14 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I won't say until you finish.  PM me then if you want and we can discuss it.  I'd love to hear your opinions. 

btw I got much more from the second reading then the first. There's a lot of information but imo not too difficult reading.

--------------------

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#14614894 - 06/14/11 10:43 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Cool, not heavy reading, just heavy subjects.

InvisibleThe Whale

#14614943 - 06/14/11 10:55 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:

Just wanted to plug this film trailer here. I saw where Icelander made a thread, but it was several years ago. So:

--------------------

InvisibleThe Whale

#14614962 - 06/14/11 10:59 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

One more...

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7
    #14617531 - 06/15/11 01:30 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
So does he think any state of being is worth striving to attain? I agree that experiences can become distractions, but they also keep us searching.

Experiences do come to spur your sadhana on, those heavenly blasts of bliss that probably all of us for a a while chase after tasting, there's nothing like it so we can be willing to do any kind of sadhana if someone tells us it will take us to that place, but eventually you start experiencing that this bliss exists as what you are, the core of 'you' is that itself, there's nothing but that, so there's no grip or attainment you can ever get on it.

Its funny really, you just have to catch your mind thinking it has to do something to feel peace & seeing/understanding/feeling that it's ridiculous to 'do' something for mental peace when peace is the base state of being, the source of the mind.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder