Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineflick
thefungi
when to pin?
    #1460796 - 04/15/03 05:07 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Allright, I have the Amazonian strain...when should I put my casing in the terrarium? What will my casing look like? Will it pin on it's own or do I need to cold shock? What are the essential things to do when going from casings to the final product. Pease help. Links or anything would be helpfull. I just don't wanna srew it up after it's all gone so well.

--------------------
My name? Raul Duke....on the list....full Coverage.

Edited by flick (04/16/03 05:03 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: when to pin? [Re: flick]
    #1460805 - 04/15/03 05:08 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: when to pin? [Re: flick]
    #1460826 - 04/15/03 05:15 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

wait until you can see an even, light layer of myc just poking through the casing, till then keep it in a dark cool place, the casing should be slightly moist and the interior of the container should have small water droplets on the sides. If you smell something sour, rancid or icky then you have contamination problems. You can usually get away with putting your casing in the terrarium right after you case, but you have to remember that light can usually penetrate rubbermaid containers or most plastic containers so you might want to wrap the bottom and sides with aluminum foil.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Offlinepillsbury420
psychedelicscientist

Re: when to pin? [Re: soochi]
    #1460879 - 04/15/03 05:31 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

My friend cased with 50/50 verm/peatmoss. After he made the casing, he wrapped it with syram wrap and put it back into the incubator. After he saw white mycelium poking through he put the casing in the refridgerator overnight then into the terrarium. Patching would have given him a better pinset, but he was happy with the way it turned out for his first casing. the thing produced forever. They aren't as hard as they seem. Have fun!

--------------------
The day you were born, you were born free. That is your privilege.

I forgot to remember.

Offlineflick
thefungi
Re: when to pin? [Re: pillsbury420]
    #1464109 - 04/16/03 04:39 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

already I have two different opnions, one says incubator, one says 'cool place' So which is better/optimal? Is keeping ZERO light truly important? would some indirect lamp light be sufficiant once they're put in the ter? Also some different opnions on ter. temp.? btw I've read the casing faqs at least dozen times

--------------------
My name? Raul Duke....on the list....full Coverage.

Edited by flick (04/16/03 04:47 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation