Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

In need of activities...Feel like skullfucking myself
    #14607225 - 06/13/11 04:13 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

What do people in long term relationships do during a summer weekend? We have been so fucking bored, it's pathetic.

We used to go camping and shit, but where we go all there is to do is fish or walk or go on roadies, all of which wear out on her pretty quickly.
We have went with another couple before, which was a lot of fun, but all the "other couples" either have kids now or one of em is straight edge, etc etc
Were not really in to the music scene huge at all.
She's kind of lazy
We live near Madison WI. Chicago aint too far away
Any ideas at all?
WTF do you guys do to fend off boredness?
I have buddies over and smoke now and then, but we're still just sitting around watching tv :facepalm:
I want to do shit(douche it,lol anyways!), but man I am totally not creative enough to keep 2 occupied...
what to do, what to do

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleatayia
nom nom
Female

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: In need of activities...Feel like skullfucking myself [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #14608960 - 06/13/11 09:23 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Well I know things can get a bit stagnent but can you do like a picnic or something?  Just try to convince each other to explore a new activity, it doesn't have to be hugely involved, like a picnic in the park for a couple hours just to enjoy the summer sun.  Maybe you guys might like to get into a physical activity even if it isn't very physical such as a short evening walk together.  If you're looking for things to do in Chicago, things can be a bit pricey but it's a fun adventure even to take the metra in from the suburbs then walk to navy pier and check things out.  Or find out if there are free museum days or even pay to go to one.  I've been to almost all the Chicago museums and they are all fun in their own way, even the small ones!

--------------------

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

Re: In need of activities...Feel like skullfucking myself [Re: atayia]
    #14609119 - 06/13/11 09:49 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Were not really in to the music scene huge at all.

Do you not like music, or just the scene?  Maybe you guys can pick up an instrument and make your own music scene?  If you don't like music, I just dunno about you :shrug2:, but I would feel a bit sorry for you as its one of the better forms of expression in my mind.  I also like other art: painting, cinema, poetry, books, anything really, and then "real world" activities: hiking, camping, gardening, archaeology, history, astronomy, oh and fungi too :smile:

This is just a small sample, and I'm not especially accomplished at any of this.  If you're like me, and get bored easily, you should have a long list of hobbies to fall back on, and even though I may not be the best at any of them, I can at least say I am well rounded:rolleyes:.  Nobody can tell you what you are interested in, but maybe you see something that interests you on TV, go out and do some research on the subject at the library.  If you are not into that just suck it up and try something new, horseback riding, skydiving, white water rapids, these do not sound fun to you?  Mostly it comes down to $$$, but there are a few fun things that a man and woman can do for free :wink:

Remember, its all in the attitude!

OfflineRhizohunter
myco-nerd
Male

Re: In need of activities...Feel like skullfucking myself [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #14609193 - 06/13/11 10:04 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

If you can get to wooded areas do some mushroom hunting.

also,

FOOTBAG!

I have never been dissapointed with freestyle footbag

OfflineJoolz
Male

Re: In need of activities...Feel like skullfucking myself [Re: Rhizohunter]
    #14609935 - 06/14/11 12:46 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Music festivals. If you're already up north, you have plenty of opportunities that are probably less than 10 hours away. Its like camping with people who like drugs and music. Its awesome.

--------------------
Prohibition didn't work for God; Eve ate the fruit.

Anonymous #1

Re: In need of activities...Feel like skullfucking myself [Re: Joolz]
    #14610642 - 06/14/11 06:34 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the replies.

We have been to most of the major Chicago museums. Field, Shedd, etc, Sears tower.

When I say "music scene", we each have a few bands that we like, but bands only tour once every so often. It's not like electronic shit where it's wash and wear and they're similar and there's a new DJ every weekend.

I like the festival idea, but we dont really listen too much to jam bands or whatever, but that would be something up (at least my) our alley.

When it comes to hiking and shit, fuck man, she is so lazy and unmotivated it's tough to get her going. Although  I think she enjoys it when I am able to get her to do something like that.

FOOTBAG? Hackie Sack you mean? That's actually how we spent our 1st month together :-), didn't have much else in common at that point. Not a bad idea there, plus I can actually take her to a park and do it, so it's like were actually doing something.

Done the picnic, it was kinda fun. More so for me I think though :-(...We have some nice small parks around the area, maybe I'll try again.

I took her mushroom hunting before, it was fun, but the Morels and whatnot are done for the year, so it'd just be observing at this point...Not sure she'd be in to that like I am.

Money isn't a huge issue, I can afford shit, within reason. It's mostly motivation I suppose. She says how boring it is sitting around but then wont want to do anything I suggest, roadie, walk the dog, go for ice cream, etc:feelsbadman:

Thanks for the ideas, people. Now, how to trick her in to doing these things. (she's a frustrator)

Invisibleatayia
nom nom
Female

Loc: Canada Flag
    #14611388 - 06/14/11 10:55 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Go to midevil times?  Theres one in Hoffman Estates maybe one closer to your house!

--------------------

Anonymous #1

Re: In need of activities...Feel like skullfucking myself [Re: atayia] * 1
    #14611404 - 06/14/11 10:57 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

atayia said:
Go to midevil times?  Theres one in Hoffman Estates maybe one closer to your house!

Funny, we were talking about that this past weekend :thumbup:

So, it IS still around? There on the interstate?

Offlinehealing
Strangest
Female

Loc: the universe, the milky w...
    #14619534 - 06/15/11 08:37 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I would just turn off the TV, put on some good background music and talk. My favorite pastime ever is to talk to people I love.

You don't even have to talk about anything at all. You can even just make up stupid bullshit that makes y'all laugh.

--------------------
Open mind, open heart, open book.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies