Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNoitartst
Stranger
 User Gallery
Trouble Ingesting DMT Lye-Laced DMT Freebase
    #14606948 - 06/13/11 03:23 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I tried taking 40-50mgs of freebased DMT orelly after having taken around 360mgs of semi-pure harmine over an hour before, but it seems the harmine was too crude, and barely tripped.  I know fumarate's better to take orally than freebase for DMT, but that's not the problem, at least not the prime one.

The DMT was slightyly yellow to off white, and slightly burned my tongue tip and lips.  I took it with a touch of lemon juice to potentiate, but was shocked by how upsetting to my stomach it was.  The literature warned about tannin nausea, and I't resolved that, and I was prepared for rue nausea with my other extract, thouh there was none of the to speak of, but lye issues had never really been discussed.  I figured that yellowish- white DMT was safe to swaller, but it's apparently not.

Any thoughts or experience on the topic?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFractalDust
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
Re: Trouble Ingesting DMT Lye-Laced DMT Freebase [Re: Noitartst]
    #14607200 - 06/13/11 04:07 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

40-50mg of DMT freebase isn't anywhere near enough for an oral dose, I would be surprised if you feel anything from that. Next time try around 150mg.

--------------------

Offlineorison
mcfluffysugarnuts

Re: Trouble Ingesting DMT Lye-Laced DMT Freebase [Re: FractalDust]
    #14607235 - 06/13/11 04:15 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Lye has been neutralized..

there is Lye in pretzels too..

--------------------

OfflineDimensionWithin
Chemist

Re: Trouble Ingesting DMT Lye-Laced DMT Freebase [Re: orison]
    #14607513 - 06/13/11 05:12 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

DMT does burn your mouth, especially when very pure like you had. It doesn't have any lye in it unless you put it in there.

OfflineNoitartst
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Trouble Ingesting DMT Lye-Laced DMT Freebase [Re: DimensionWithin]
    #14612168 - 06/14/11 01:20 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Purified DMT burns the mouth? Just like Harmine?  Knew that not, but what of the upset stomach?  Does pure DMT do that, too?

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
    #14612660 - 06/14/11 02:58 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Thoughts??? Yes.  You went about it all wrong.  As already has been pointed out, your oral DMT dosage was too low - you need a MINIMUM of 80mg orally.  Also, there's a reason DMT freebase burns the tongue...its freeBASE. Duh.

Next time suspend your DMT in water, not lemon juice.  This is NOT mushrooms you're dealing with here, its DMT freebase, there's no "potentiating" of DMT with lemon tek.  In fact, it no doubt hurt rather than enhanced things.  (Jeez...where do people GET these ideas????)  :facepalm:  Of all the things you did, this was the worst!!!

If you are going to routinely ingest DMT, convert it into the fumarate salt.  Its stupid-easy and incredibly cheap.  Way easier on the stomach, much better absorption, and superb preservation of stored DMT.  Look for my freebase --->  fumarate tek...its here on the Shroomery somewhere.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Edited by Nature Boy (06/14/11 03:02 PM)

OfflineNoitartst
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Trouble Ingesting DMT Lye-Laced DMT Freebase [Re: Nature Boy]
    #14623543 - 06/16/11 03:54 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Nature Boy said:
Thoughts??? Yes.  You went about it all wrong.  As already has been pointed out, your oral DMT dosage was too low - you need a MINIMUM of 80mg orally.  Also, there's a reason DMT freebase burns the tongue...its freeBASE. Duh.
N.B.

Well, sometimes it takes a while with the obvious to become apparent.  Given a personal encounter, I now truly see why it's called "freebase."  Names don't always reflect meaning, but now I clearly see that in this case it does.  Base ain't fun ingesting, and I see that now. 

Lesson learned.

Incidentally...they say it takes ten grams of powered MHRB for a strong dose of potency, but if DMT's 0.5% of the bark weight, that would mean that you're chugging a whole bunch of tannins and stff for 50 mgs, but it's still more potent than DMT in a purified form?

Something curious is going on, here.  It may not be orally active alone, but it sounds like something in the bark's still making the DMT more potent than just by its lonesome.

Fair assessment?

InvisibleFractalDust
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

#14623569 - 06/16/11 03:58 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Noitartst said:
Incidentally...they say it takes ten grams of powered MHRB for a strong dose of potency, but if DMT's 0.5% of the bark weight, that would mean that you're chugging a whole bunch of tannins and stff for 50 mgs, but it's still more potent than DMT in a purified form?

Something curious is going on, here.  It may not be orally active alone, but it sounds like something in the bark's still making the DMT more potent than just by its lonesome.

Fair assessment?

DMT is not in it's freebase form in the bark it's still in it's salt form.

--------------------

OfflineNoitartst
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #14623591 - 06/16/11 04:02 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

That makes sense; all the more reason to saltify, then, but even so, if fifty mgs of DMT salt is considered a strong dose in ayahuasca, that still does not explain why it's an amount on the weak side on its lonesome, does it?  It seems a partial answer, but not the whole.

Edited by Noitartst (06/16/11 04:07 PM)

InvisibleFractalDust
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

#14623607 - 06/16/11 04:04 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Noitartst said:
That makes sense; all the more reason to saltify, then.

If you're taking it orally absolutely. The only reason we convert it to freebase is to smoke it.

--------------------

OfflineNoitartst
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #14623658 - 06/16/11 04:13 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

If freebase burns the mouth, then en how much more the shnozz?

Edited by Noitartst (06/16/11 04:17 PM)

InvisibleFractalDust
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

#14623674 - 06/16/11 04:15 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Noitartst said:
If freebase durns the mouth, then en how much more the shnozz?

Put down the bottle and retype that.

--------------------

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

#14623700 - 06/16/11 04:20 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Noitartst said:
Well, sometimes it takes a while with the obvious to become apparent.  Given a personal encounter, I now truly see why it's called "freebase."  Names don't always reflect meaning, but now I clearly see that in this case it does.

Well, words used in chemistry, physics, math, botany etcetera are very, VERY specific and not randomly assigned.  I always felt that was self-evident, but I can see how you might not get that straight-off if you're not a chemist or into science.

In this instance, the term "freebase" is quite an accurate and apt description of the actual chemical property of the extracted compound, as your tongue accurately detected.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Edited by Nature Boy (06/16/11 04:21 PM)

OfflineNoitartst
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #14624021 - 06/16/11 05:28 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FractalDust said:
Quote:

Noitartst said:
If freebase durns the mouth, then en how much more the shnozz?

Put down the bottle and retype that.

By the time you'd replied here, I'd already edited.  Were I a drunk, I doubt I'd have been able.

InvisibleFractalDust
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

#14624030 - 06/16/11 05:31 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I still don't understand what you're asking. What's shnozz?

--------------------

OfflineNoitartst
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Trouble Ingesting DMT Lye-Laced DMT Freebase [Re: Nature Boy]
    #14624067 - 06/16/11 05:37 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Nature Boy said:
Quote:

Noitartst said:
Well, sometimes it takes a while with the obvious to become apparent.  Given a personal encounter, I now truly see why it's called "freebase."  Names don't always reflect meaning, but now I clearly see that in this case it does.

Well, words used in chemistry, physics, math, botany etcetera are very, VERY specific and not randomly assigned.  I always felt that was self-evident, but I can see how you might not get that straight-off if you're not a chemist or into science.

In this instance, the term "freebase" is quite an accurate and apt description of the actual chemical property of the extracted compound, as your tongue accurately detected.

N.B.

My tongue's pretty sharp, but it needs instruction, often through experience, which befits someone who could talk at sixteen months, but got sent to a therapist because no one understood. 

Learning, ever learning, and not the appearance (AKA Sarah Palin's glasses) is the key point, and thanks for furthering mine.

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

#14626707 - 06/17/11 05:17 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Noitartst said:
My tongue's pretty sharp, but it needs instruction, often through experience, which befits someone who could talk at sixteen months, but got sent to a therapist because no one understood. 

Learning, ever learning, and not the appearance (AKA Sarah Palin's glasses) is the key point, and thanks for furthering mine.

No sweat!  We're all on the same path.  A day in which I learn something I consider to be a good day.

Best,
N.B.

--------------------

OfflineDosile Kouki
derp

Loc: Paradise
    #14626871 - 06/17/11 07:07 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

by shnozz i think he was asking ' does it hurt your nose also to snort dmt freebase? '

i never have, and i don't really know, but i'm going to go ahead and say yes, it will.

--------------------

InvisibleReoSpeedwagon153
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chetumal, Mexico
    #14627431 - 06/17/11 10:20 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Nature Boy said:
Next time suspend your DMT in water, not lemon juice.  This is NOT mushrooms you're dealing with here, its DMT freebase, there's no "potentiating" of DMT with lemon tek.  In fact, it no doubt hurt rather than enhanced things.  (Jeez...where do people GET these ideas????)  :facepalm:  Of all the things you did, this was the worst!!!

What's wrong with the lemon juice, nb? I would think it would help neutralize the base, wouldn't it? Is there such a thing as DMT citrate?

Quote:

Noitartst said:
That makes sense; all the more reason to saltify, then, but even so, if fifty mgs of DMT salt is considered a strong dose in ayahuasca, that still does not explain why it's an amount on the weak side on its lonesome, does it?  It seems a partial answer, but not the whole.

Pharmahuasca dosages vary IMMENSELY person to person. No one is quite sure why.... Some people get unbelievable effects from 30mg of fumarate salt, while others cannot get noticeable effects from up to 100mg salt or freebase.

It's a mystery :shrug:

--------------------
“I thought naming myself ‘ReoSpeedwagon153’ on a forum was a funny idea in 2006.”

OfflineNoitartst
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Trouble Ingesting DMT Lye-Laced DMT Freebase [Re: ReoSpeedwagon153]
    #14628127 - 06/17/11 01:16 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I' just hafta try fumarate, then.  In ayahuasca, the DMT seemed more active, and I don't wanna waste nothin'.  I already lost essentially a pound's worth of harmala water from a bowl  that broke under mirrowave stress, and want nary a repeat.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies