Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepenguinw46
Stranger
Loc: bama
found a new field...questions
    #1458385 - 04/14/03 08:31 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

ok so last night i find out there's a massive cowfield like right near my house so i proceeded 2 check it out today. i wasn't expecting to find anything, just to scope the field out. now im not sure what makes a good mushroom field so i figured id ask you guys, because u know yer stuff.
ok so its a MASSIVE field and like the closest parts of the field that i have access to have been dug up but there is grass growing through it. theres no crap on those parts but there are a bunch of sections that haven't been plowed and have a lot of cow crap, but the crap's kind of old. i dont really know like how old the crap has to be but it's definatly not new. also, there's a lot of dead grass, like hay. i dont really know what im gonna find so im just ownderin if this is a good field to look in
o yeah i live on the gulf coast

Edited by penguinw46 (04/14/03 08:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

Re: found a new field...questions [Re: penguinw46]
    #1458401 - 04/14/03 08:35 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I like a lot of trees in mine. and it has to be big enough so youre not close to the farmer. and a good exape route is good too.

Offlinepenguinw46
Stranger
    #1458410 - 04/14/03 08:38 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

yeah theres no houses in sight n escaping isnt a problem, i just wanna know if it's like good growing conditions or if i should find another field

Anonymous

#1458419 - 04/14/03 08:39 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #1458430 - 04/14/03 08:43 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

well are there cows still in the field? those are the ones that i usually look for cuase if theres no new poo then the shrooms will die off from that feild. also trees make it good in the summer shade keeps the temp down. is the hay all matted down? if so thats probrobly where the owner fed the cows. well either way if thats not the right field theres plenty of others out there. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlinepenguinw46
Stranger
Re: found a new field...questions [Re: ]
    #1458433 - 04/14/03 08:43 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

yeah the thing im worried about with the cows though is that it doesnt look like theyve been in the part of the field i have access to in quite some time. theres only old crap. i did find like a cow chill spot under some trees n theres a lot of crap there

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NSW, Australia.
    #1459053 - 04/15/03 12:07 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Just have a look after it rains next and you'll find out pretty damn easily. Mind you, I've been to fields after rain and come back with nothing (in season, of course), then gone back there weeks/months/years later to find it full of shrooms, so who knows?

Offlinecube421
420guy
Loc: TX
Re: found a new field...questions [Re: oO_wombat_Oo]
    #1459085 - 04/15/03 12:24 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

indeeed, its perfect conditions right now- I've got a friend around the B'ham area- found a couple dried Oz on Sun-

as for the crap- the mush love the older specimens- not so much the new ones-
Right MJ- GG? oram I wrong

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1460626 - 04/15/03 02:15 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

In larger pastures, it is possible to be a very sneaky Shroomer..
-Because the farmers drive noisy pick-up trucks..
--So some Shroomers may be able to illude ever having a confrentation with the land owners..
That does not necessarily mean that a large pastures are better,
-Because, the farmers out in the country are more likely to have a gun in their truck..

Or in an even less predictable situation, the farmers could also be deer-hunters,
And they might be hiding from the animals up in the trees with their rifles,
And then what do we have here but a "this goddamn hippie mushroom picker has decided to trespass on the wrong persons property today"

:grin:   :grin:
Keep shroomin,
GGreatOne234 

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: found a new field...questions [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1462350 - 04/15/03 10:57 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

around here when people hunt deers they dont do it in their cow feilds usually to find deer you have to move closer down to the river most cattle pastures are up out of the creek bottoms. but it could be a problem in some places i suppose. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: found a new field...questions [Re: blaze2]
    #1462593 - 04/16/03 12:05 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

many people do hund deer in pastures, especialy those next to a wooded area. this is why many farmers have no hunting signs posted.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: found a new field...questions [Re: canid]
    #1462766 - 04/16/03 12:59 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i just meant around my town that hunters have to go down to the creek bottoms to find deer because like most animals they are drawn to the water. i know that in other places that isnt allways the case. sorry for any confusion. peace

blaze2

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies