Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Recreational Trippers - Missing the Point Entirely [Re: Nature Boy]
    #14602704 - 06/12/11 07:41 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Nature Boy said:
Quote:

joemolloy said:
There really is no recreational guide to psychedelics,

I beg to differ.  There is a FABULOUS book on recreational psychedelic use called "The Psychedelic Explorer's Guide."  See:  http://www.erowid.org/library/review/review.php?p=334

Outstanding book.  I heartily recommend it.

N.B.

Oy vey.  I read the review of it.  I better stay away from it, Natureboy.  I think I have enough fun tripping without a guide to make it even better.  I need anti-drug books.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomerited
Male User Gallery

Re: Recreational Trippers - Missing the Point Entirely [Re: joemolloy]
    #14602734 - 06/12/11 07:48 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

One thing I learned from drugs...all drugs...is to stop taking everything so fucking seriously. Some things are important. Some things aren't.

I've learned profound things while under the influence, but realize that you're just eating a mushroom that grew on cow shit and tripping. When you start believing the shit, you're in trouble.

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #14602785 - 06/12/11 07:57 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

My next step is to see if taking them for purely recreational purposes will also devolve into habitual, addictive behavior.  So far, so good but we know that the mind is sneaky fucker and I'm really my own worst enemy because the lies I tell myself are so fucking clever.  Oh, its a bitch.  Can I just take this shit recreationally every once and a while and not be obsessed about them?

Yeah man, I hear ya.  I come from a line of addictive personality types, people who ate and smoked and drank to excess and died of heart attacks and cancer and cirrhosis... With me it's a struggle, I can be all over it one day and shying away the next.  I treat the mushrooms with respect and they reward me for growing them.

:peace:PS

PS re books: I always liked "The Golden Guide to Hallucinogenic Plants" before I lost or loaned my copy... :lol:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineRemix
grammer natze
 User Gallery

Re: Recreational Trippers - Missing the Point Entirely [Re: HipsterDoofus]
    #14602832 - 06/12/11 08:06 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

HipsterDoofus said:

Apparently this guy is ignoring me. I have no idea why but this was pretty funny regardless.

--------------------

OfflineBlight
Male

Loc: SE Flag
Re: Recreational Trippers - Missing the Point Entirely [Re: Libertin]
    #14602895 - 06/12/11 08:19 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Libertin said:
Some of you will take offence at this. Some will wonder who am I to instruct you on how to use your drugs. But there's something I want to say to those who advocate mushrooms as a recreational drug:

You're missing the point! Your advice is dangerous and you're the reason people think mushrooms are just another drug to get high on.

Mushrooms are NOT a good recreational drug. Yes, you can have fun whilst tripping on mushrooms but it's also very easy to have an uncomfortable time and unwelcome insights into yourself which you were not expecting. I would never recommend mushrooms to a friend looking for a 'bit of fun' because from experience, I know that they can leave an indelible impression on the user. I would recommend them to people who want a deeper exploration of themselves and are prepared to take on a real challenge.

I am not wholly against recreational drug use. If you want to have an externalized, material, sensory experience at a setting such as a party or with a group of friends, fine! Just don't use mushrooms; they're the wrong tool for the job. You're just trashing the image of mushrooms, lowering the public's perception of this powerful drug. Furthermore, using mushrooms in a recreational context is missing the point entirely. You will not gain even the shallowest of insights into yourself by using mushrooms in this way.

Mushrooms are for the TRUE PSYCHONAUT. Those who are willing to take the good with the bad. Those who trip alone (or with well behaved quiet partners/sitters) with eyes closed. Those who use the mushrooms as a vehicle to go deep inside and explore the magnificent realm of the human psyche.

I expect this to be an unpopular viewpoint as I've noticed that true psychonauts are few and far between. Even in a place such as the shroomery, I'm having to sift through far too many posts to find an interesting contribution. If you're disgusted by my view and think that your recreational use of mushrooms is justified then just try it next time you trip. Put down your Xbox controller, turn off your crappy movie, lie down, close your eyes, shut up and WATCH. If it's too difficult then you know that mushrooms aren't for you. Hopefully you'll realise that mushrooms are not a toy but are in fact a tool of truly astounding power which deserves the utmost respect and should not be yielded irresponsibly.

Use mushrooms correctly and the reward is a profound respect for the awesome power of one's own mind. Use them incorrectly and you'll have a cheap, hollow experience and nothing of interest to say afterwards.

QFT. I feel exactly the same way. I am, however, the only person that I know that feels this way.:shrug:

--------------------

" A peaceful place so it looks from space, a closer look reveals the human race"

"When shall I be free? When I shall cease to Be, no more I but We, in perfect harmony"

OfflineFronnis
I'm a teapot

#14602901 - 06/12/11 08:20 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I understand what you mean. The way I see it, is that all humans have the goal to find happiness, to seek nirvana, and with these substances the sense if offered. If nirvana can be achieved by just taking these drugs, the point to keep on searching seems unworthy and as you say, nothing matches the sense of high you get whilst under the influence.
It may not be that your trips are different to others, but with your personality, you find that tripping pleasures you more than what others people find. Like you get people who drink until they are drunk and enjoy it, and others who hate the experience, yet they show the same symptoms, or how people cannot get enough of the pleasure of sex, whereas I have a low libido and don't find myself thinking about having intercourse as much as I would believe other people do.
"Lighter" drugs seem to be favoured in this website, but in the case of "heavier" drugs, for example, cocaine, has it's addiction its widely thought to be due to the euphoria it brings, the drug directly stimulates the brains dopamine receptors so much greater than normal (reported by some as a 400% increase). The person is then to suffer addiction because there is no natural way to achieve the sort of high. You see people addicted to sex and unable to give up, but the euphoria achieved from cocaine is so much greater. You can see that the euphoria they want to achieve, being superior than what you and me achieve from hallucinogenics, is simply achievable through the use of cocaine, but due to the stigma and legality of the drug, the user (or how society takes it, the abuser) looks down at this sort of "escape" and the user must come back to harsh reality. People might take that the "abuser" is wasting time and is making them-self delusional, but it can also be argued that the "user" is achieving his/her purpose in life, to achieve nirvana. And it is in my opinion, that people should be free to achieve their nirvana this way, but to take care and accept the consequences with hefty use.
Edit-
Sorry if what I wrote doesn't make much sense, when I am high, I write lucdily and tend to lose the plot  :uhoh:.

--------------------

Edited by Fronnis (06/12/11 08:39 PM)

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Recreational Trippers - Missing the Point Entirely [Re: Fronnis]
    #14602958 - 06/12/11 08:31 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Insightful post, Fronnis.  I have a buddy who regularly smokes weed and he often asks me to smoke with him.  I always decline because I know that if I did, I'd probably be smoking it daily within a year.  Everything I do and enjoy, I go to extremes and I don't want to complicate my life further with a weed habit or any other obsession.  I guess it doesn't matter if its a drug, a non-drug habit, or whatever, many of us are wired to compulsively seek that pleasure and as you said are forced to accept the consequences.  For a while we may not be able to identify negative consequences because we minimize them so effectively.  Eventually though, they'll rear their ugly head and then you might be deep into something that's difficult to escape from.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

OfflineSorealism
Knowledge is Power
 User Gallery

Re: Recreational Trippers - Missing the Point Entirely [Re: Fronnis]
    #14603042 - 06/12/11 08:46 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I have to say that I agree with a lot of points that you make Libertin. However I do agree with the others that it does have its place in recreational use. It is a lot of fun to hang with the guys and just go crazy laughing our heads off for 4 hours straight. No it isn't very spiritual per say but they are special moments that strengthen our friendships. On the other hand I mostly prefer using mushrooms for meditation and self exploration and find that this is their true purpose for usage. Many ancient civilizations and even still today use them for only sacred practices, because they have the upmost respect for them. They don't just see mushrooms as a means to an end, i.e., 'tripping face'. They see them as an ancient wise spirit, and those of you who say they don't teach you shit then you're too busy talking when you should be listening. In conclusion, like everything in life the shrooms are what you make of them, and to each his own! Shroom On everyone whatever your preference just spread the love!

--------------------

Invisibleabltsandwich
JFK = Jelly Donut
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dildoville Flag
Re: Recreational Trippers - Missing the Point Entirely [Re: Libertin]
    #14603158 - 06/12/11 09:12 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I put on good tunes, smoke good bud, and go wherever the trip takes me.  I don't know if that's recreational or not, but I care just as much as I know.  Shrooms are whatever what you make of them, will it matter when you're on your death bed what other people made of them?
Not that it's necessarily tantamount, but judging users who don't trip like you do is akin to bigotry.

Offlinedizzyease
1--2--3--4--5

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Recreational Trippers - Missing the Point Entirely [Re: abltsandwich]
    #14603232 - 06/12/11 09:29 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

If I ingest filings from a hammer, thats not its original use and shouldnt be ingested. Mushrooms aren't supposed to be eaten at all, as far as I'm concerned. By your logic, your doing it wrong if you eat them at all.

That is all.

Edited by dizzyease (06/12/11 09:31 PM)

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: Recreational Trippers - Missing the Point Entirely [Re: dizzyease]
    #14603286 - 06/12/11 09:45 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I hate introducing people to psychedelics and they dose low and walk away from the experience with little to no understanding of the power and significance of the drug/psychedelic experience and treat it like a toy and little respect.

Then they go on to tell/brag to people how they did acid, when in reality typically they did the lowest possible dose and barely even got a taste of what LSD has to offer. Same with other psychs, but I've witnessed this with LSD more than any other psych.

:crankeytom:

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

Offlinespacecaked
Quiet observer
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Recreational Trippers - Missing the Point Entirely [Re: PoopyGonzales]
    #14603307 - 06/12/11 09:49 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

PoopyGonzales said:
Maybe you have taken that many mushrooms that the only way for you to not think of yourself as a druggo, is to put other people into a whole new category, as so that you no longer fit there and are now some "Higher Intelligence" which really you are a form of intelligence that gets alot higher than your normal people.

:thumbup:

--------------------
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Recreational Trippers - Missing the Point Entirely [Re: Sorealism]
    #14603342 - 06/12/11 09:58 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

On the other hand I mostly prefer using mushrooms for meditation and self exploration and find that this is their true purpose for usage.

Maybe it's just me but this is the thread for bitching, right?  I think there's no "purpose for usage", that's just more confusion.  They can take you to heaven or hell, an inexperienced user doesn't always get to choose.

OfflineSorealism
Knowledge is Power
 User Gallery

Re: Recreational Trippers - Missing the Point Entirely [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #14603462 - 06/12/11 10:27 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
Quote:

On the other hand I mostly prefer using mushrooms for meditation and self exploration and find that this is their true purpose for usage.

Maybe it's just me but this is the thread for bitching, right?  I think there's no "purpose for usage", that's just more confusion.  They can take you to heaven or hell, an inexperienced user doesn't always get to choose.

I was merely stating that it was what I find their true purpose for usage, not yours or his/hers, hence "to each his own". It was my whole point of my post sorry you missed it. Again, I agree with you there is no one definite purpose of usage and that is, I guess the beauty of it and hope the OP might reconsider his belief. No one is bitching here just stating their opinions, and you are right, they will take you wherever you let them take you-just stay seated and enjoy the ride! I personably believe that shrooms are a sacrement and in most cases shouldn't be taken for the sake of getting fucked up or for other hedonistic purposes-for the most part. I say for the most part because as I said in my original post some good can come of just tripping for fun i.e, strengthening friendships. However it needs to be something respected and not taken for granted

OP don't be afraid to chime back in-don't leave us hanging! This is a good topic and I love to hear from both sides!

--------------------

OfflineJoolz
Male

#14603751 - 06/12/11 11:58 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I guess I'm a true psychonaut, because even when my emotions are going crazy-all-over-the-place and my trip isn't 100% euphoria, I'm still happy I'm tripping.

Its not that we are using mushrooms wrong, its that some people should not take mushrooms. You can't use something right or wrong, that's perception. That's you putting your opinion on what something is.

--------------------
Prohibition didn't work for God; Eve ate the fruit.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#14603752 - 06/12/11 11:58 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, no problem until "AND THIS IS THEIR TRUE PURPOSE!!!!" :laugh2:

See, you/me/anybody has no idea whether common claims like

Quote:

Many ancient civilizations and even still today use them for only sacred practices, because they have the upmost respect for them.

are true or just blowin' smoke.  Find their "purpose" if you need one in what they do for you here and now, all else is speculation.

My comment about bitching was just levity, I didn't put the :lol: on it to make it easier.

Invisibledrr
Female
    #14603760 - 06/13/11 12:02 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Lowish doses of mushrooms have been fun very consistently for me. I'd say that in the range of 1-2 grams, mushrooms are my favorite recreational drug.

They are an entirely different animal at higher doses, you would be right to say that eating 3 or 4+ grams is not recreational.

I don't think I'm missing the point :shrug: I am intentionally under-shooting the dose required to reach that point, and I don't think it is any more damaging than using any other drug recreationally. Maybe it is safer, because if I get too carried away with it, rather than dangerous physical effects, I will have a heavy trip that teaches me a lesson about moderation.

It all depends on your perspective.

Anyway I find some positive value in low doses as well. Think of it as a social communication thing, similar to ecstasy maybe. It doesn't have to be a totally intense and introspective thing, but of course that is a good thing as well.

OfflineJoolz
Male

Re: Recreational Trippers - Missing the Point Entirely [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #14603778 - 06/13/11 12:09 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

The problem is that people are looking for a purpose. There isn't a purpose in life. Just experience it and make the best of it. Stop holding onto the past, stop creating an image of yourself, stop fucking over analyzing everything for a meaning, stop digging so deep into your emotions.

Emotions are a chemical in the body just like pot, sex, booze, acid, coffee, nicotine, and pretty much anything else.

I have looked past my emotions. Now, I am genuinely happy. I am sometimes sad, but that doesn't turn to depression. Sometimes I get a little heated, but I never get actually angry over small things that just happen (mistakes just happen). I also don't let my anger turn into rage.

At the end of the day though, I always find that I was happy all day. I don't want to waste my time with emotions at all, so whenever I'm forced to, I'm gonna make the fucking best of this universe that I have the PRIVILEGE to experience.

If the drug doesn't work out like you wanted it to, tough shit. That happens. As someone who smokes pot daily, trips hard monthly, trips light bi-weekly, and I'm just genuinely on some drug 24 hours a day, sometimes your drug isn't going to be nice. Sometimes your emotions go crazy. Sometimes you see fucked up shit. Sometimes you get introspective. Are you going to let it bother you and become another victim of somebody who delved into the rabbit hole, got bit and stepped out? Or are you going to fucking learn something and go back down again?

Ninja edit: Mushrooms at low doses suck. I'm to the point now that I eat at least 4 grams if I'm even gonna think about it. Low doses just give me this weird body high that I feel like I should be tripping but I never do. And sometimes it just makes my emotions go retarded, and doesn't make the ego easy to remove. Then it gets introspective, and is just a genuine waste of shrooms imo. Dosing hard has never failed. Sometimes things get weird, but its never been bad.

--------------------
Prohibition didn't work for God; Eve ate the fruit.

OfflineGlayvin
Desert Species
Male

Loc: Arizona, USA Flag
Re: Recreational Trippers - Missing the Point Entirely [Re: Joolz]
    #14604558 - 06/13/11 03:57 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I think the ability to suspend judgment about the meaning of these experiences is essential to their analysis. However, if we never accept any of them as truths, then what are we really learning?

In dialogue, if a person is interested in trying mushrooms, I endorse that the experience be alone or with a silent partner. I have concluded this is something I look at mainly in a spiritual context. You only get so many opportunities to legitimately affect someone's viewpoint on such topics and I'd rather speak to what I see as being ultimately more beneficial in the long term.

Edited by Glayvin (06/13/11 03:58 AM)

InvisibleLocky
Dont Spill Me!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over here, yes, here
Re: Recreational Trippers - Missing the Point Entirely [Re: Glayvin]
    #14605487 - 06/13/11 10:49 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Im with op 110%. You do have fun with them, but its all for the experiance

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck